Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. i wanted to ask UG'ers a question.

this is my rig.

so, i was wondering, for blues rock, hard blues rock, blues, and classic rock, hard classic rock etc... what can be added, moved, and tweaked upon? some of my infleunces are; Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Dimebag (i kinda play like him, and use some of his techniques), Ray Toro, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn. stuff like that, all mixed into one. my sound is kinda of like mixing metal with classic rock and blues.

so, what can be added, what needs to be added, and what can be improved?

thanks!

(note: dont say "dont focus on your gear, focus on your playing". i do. im just asking for your guys' opinions.)
                  Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 24, 2007,
                  Ditch that AXS32. That thing is a sore thumb in your set up. If you want a guitar with two hums, go for a Michael Kelly, different Ibanez, Jackson, or any thing else. Otherwise dude, I am almost envious.
                  Quote by LuthierofTexas
                  You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
                  Quote by CarbonDeath
                  Ditch that AXS32. That thing is a sore thumb in your set up. If you want a guitar with two hums, go for a Michael Kelly, different Ibanez, Jackson, or any thing else. Otherwise dude, I am almost envious.

thank you!

but what is with the AXS32? i use it for heavier stuff?

what has lead you to say that?
                  Bad experience with them. My bandmate had one for a while and blew. The pickups on it were not good sounding to me. the playability and overall feel was good, at best. But, the worst thing is, is that it's headstock cracks really easily.(Just like most SG's.) We were just fooling around and he was walking out of the room with the guitar still on him. And the doorway was too small. It was only a little crash, but enough to snap the headstock almost clean off. Could have just been bad luck.
                  Quote by LuthierofTexas
                  sounds like he got a grosso one.

i slapped the headstock on the granite counters and it didnt even make a big dent in the headstock.

i f!cking hate the neck pickup, but the bridge one is decent.
                  The AXS32 sucks. Get rid of it.

Also, if you want to change to playing some Pantera, get an OD pedal that will give you more gain for when you want it.
                  Quote by KingDavid101
                  The AXS32 sucks. Get rid of it.

Also, if you want to change to playing some Pantera, get an OD pedal that will give you more gain for when you want it.

i have a metal muff.

please post reasons why the AXS "sucks"

he had a reason. i dont see from you.
                  Yeah. Then maybe just a pickup change dude. For metal, ah, you know what to get man.

Hey, how come you are part of the EHX guild if you dont have an EHX pedal? EHX tubes?
                  Quote by LuthierofTexas
                  I would ditch the squire and the ibanez and get a MIM tele. The lipstick would sound heavenly with the blues jr and the bridge will be a good all-round pickup as well. I've played the MIM tele's and they are really nice guitars.

Quote by CarbonDeath
                  Yeah. Then maybe just a pickup change dude. For metal, ah, you know what to get man.

Hey, how come you are part of the EHX guild if you dont have an EHX pedal? EHX tubes?

He doesn't play much metal, he has studied dimebags playing techniques.
                  Last edited by Schecter1277 at Mar 24, 2007,
                  Quote by CarbonDeath

ive got a big muff and metal muff just to play around with.

^i like the squier, sorry, thats the only one NOT up for debate.

im interested in why everyone says my ibanez sucks, i mean, its just the pickups. alls i find to suck is the neck pickup.
                  Everyone knows it sucks for the pickups. You can get a much better guitar for the same price.
                  ^^^ well he already owns it, it would be cheaper for him to change the pickups than buy a new guitar.
                  Quote by Schecter1277
                  ^^^ well he already owns it, it would be cheaper for him to change the pickups than buy a new guitar.

yeah.

like i said, i like the bridge pickup, and i dont use the neck either...
                  I would still switch the bridge, start out with a Duncan SH-4 JB, it's what you put in most guitars and is the most well rounded pickup on the market. You can play anything from metal to blues. It would improve the tone.
                  Ahh, cool. Yeah, dont get rid of the 51' dude, that thing is going to be a frieken relic! Squire is going to stop selling them in a little while and will probably never sell them again. Plus, the sound is just BONKERS!!!!

And as for the AXS, it is good, i guess. But I would still think about trading it in for a new different Ibanez. Possibly the RG2ex, RG321mh, or any Jackson for that matter.

Plus, if you dont like Gibson, how can you like the AXS for that matter? It is just as heavy as most sg's and even som lp's. I dunno. If you dont want to change that either, your set up looks fine dude.
                  Quote by LuthierofTexas
                  yeah i think i will switch the bridge either way.

^i LOOOVE sgs, which is why i bought this. its the closest not gibson SG.
                  AHHHHH!!! Okay, so, you dont hate Gibson all the way. Good. Maybe you should save up and get an SG then. The faded ones are great for the money, and anything above that will of course do you good. Yeah, there it is. The one thing you should change about your set up.
                  Quote by LuthierofTexas
                  I'd ditch the DS-1, I just personally hate the way that thing sounds. You should get the EH English Muffin for your OD. That thing sounds sexy.
                  Quote by paulefty
                  Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
                  Tech 21 Sansamp.

I have a feeling that the AX won't last very long. I'd start saving up for an SZ.
                  RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
                  Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
                  Quote by aznrockerdude
                  Tech 21 Sansamp.

I have a feeling that the AX won't last very long. I'd start saving up for an SZ.

ive had it since july... its here to stay.

do people think i dont own the rig or something?

what is the sansamp (excuse my n00bness)
                  The Sansamp is a amp modeler in pedal or rack form, depending on the model. Good enough, but a bit expensive.
                  RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
                  Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
                  ew modeler!

sorry, but anything modeling is not for me.

would switching out my DS1 for my big muff be a good idea?

how is the buffer difference? does the big muff have a better buffer?
                  Quote by nick83
                  post pics of your rig

um, why?

(the tape is now gone, dont flip out (as is the crybaby. sold it to my bassist for $15. hey, it was either $15 or the trash, plus, mah morley's acommin.))
                  Quote by Arlabester
                  ew modeler!

sorry, but anything modeling is not for me.

would switching out my DS1 for my big muff be a good idea?

how is the buffer difference? does the big muff have a better buffer?

Why do you have to be so biased?
                  RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
                  Quote by aznrockerdude
                  Why do you have to be so biased?

biased? im not. i just HATE modeling stuff (courtesy of my first amp, the Spider II).
                  Have actually tried any Sansamp pedal?

I thought so.
                  RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
                  no.

but like i said, spiders ruined modeling for me.

is there a distortion pedal that could replace the DS1? i use it for main distortion, and it sounds like i described.
                  Quote by Arlabester
                  no.

but like i said, spiders ruined modeling for me.

is there a distortion pedal that could replace the DS1? i use it for main distortion, and it sounds like i described.

No offense but you'd have to be a moron to judge all modelling gear off of a spider 2...
                  Also as you change your mind like everyday i still think you should get a better/more versitile (also larger) tube amp so you can get the sounds you seek without a huge pedalboard sucking up your tone..
                  Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
                  huge?

i have 4 pedals...

and one has a great buffer and one is true bypass...

i dont really play metal anymore.
                  I have an Ibanez Artcore AS73. The Ibanez AXS32 looks like it could be a decent axe. The pickups probably do suck, but if you like the neck and the wood is decent you might want to upgrade the pickups.
                  I have played both good and bad Squiers.
                  I am not a fan of DigiTech. I like analog effects. To me they sound warmer.
                  Your amp is great. If you gig loud and don't want to mike it you may need to get a more powerful Fender.
                  Nothing wrong with a Tele, but I like Strats better.
                  These are just comments from an old guitar slinger based on my personal tastes.
                  Quote by Arlabester

i dont really play metal anymore.

Yes which is why u where complaining a few weeks ago about how you couldnt get a decent metal tone out of your setup. Your full of crap i swear...
                  Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
                  to uld.

yeah, i, in general, hate digital. but delay is the one thing ill do digital.

to scottsih.

i blended metal into my sound, hence why i use the DS1 for AC/DC.
                  i dont understand why you make a thread asking what can be improved but once someone suggests something else you wont listen.
                  Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
                  Quote by igotabcrich32
                  i dont understand why you make a thread asking what can be improved but once someone suggests something else you wont listen.

i hate modeling.

end of story.

if its supposed to sound like a marshall, then i would buy a marshall.

if its supposed to sound like a fender, then i would buy a fender.
                  Then why don't you buy a Marshall?
                  RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
                  This thread is pretty pointless.

Every item on that list could be replaced with something much better; and I'm sure you know that too.
                  Quote by aznrockerdude
                  Then why don't you buy a Marshall?

cos i dont want to sound like a marshall.

my influences may of mostly used marshalls, but i wanna make my own sound.

^yes i do. but nobody has the PERFECT rig. plus, ive played american strats that dont sound or play as good as my MIM.
                  most people's rigs are perfect for what they play, not what everyone plays. the only people with a rig good for what everyone plays is brand new (the band.)
                  Quote by corduroyEW
                  Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
                  Quote by tubab0y
                  most people's rigs are perfect for what they play, not what everyone plays. the only people with a rig good for what everyone plays is brand new (the band.)

whos brand new?
                  Page 1 of 2