Me and my band are planning on recording our first original song soon and I was wondering if you guys have any tips on recording? For the guitars and vocals I just plan on plugging the mic into the mic input on my computer and putting it in front of the amps but I'm not quite sure on what to do for the drums. I have a Peavey XR600G PA powered mixer and a gnx3000 so I was wondering if there is any way for me to hook the mixer into the computer so that I would be able to use 6 mic's instead of one?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Bam! Why don't mods ever do this?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
Bam! Why don't mods ever do this?

Because that's not what he needs dumbass, if youre going to send him somewhere, send him to the proper forum. He is talking about recording equipment, not song and recording crits' and contests. The stupidity of some people is amazing sometimes.

As for the recording, you would have the best luck recording instruments via a microphone. Press it right up against the speaker, and crank it. The best idea would be to put pillows and stuff around the mic and amp so you can crank it more. The cranking is more for the amp tone, not sure how good it will be on the mic.

I am not the best reference on recording though.
Dude, all that is discussed in the recording forum. I answer questions like this all the time there, so I'm guessing you didn't read many of the threads. There are sub-sections of that forum for critiquing songs, and that is not supposed to be done in the main part. For instance - look at the first thread titled "Recording Distortion." Interestingly, that sound amazingly related to what he is talking about. 6th thread down "Best way to start recording." Hmmm, and I wonder why I tell people to go there?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.