OK today i took a little trip and on my way i went to a Guitar Center and there they had a Vintage Modern.

Now as i expected with this amp like their other newer amps its crap. The Cleans are very bland even with some of the reverb. The Distortion is very poor Kinda like a PLexi if the tubes were bad. Its very thin not a lot of gain. The Body control which i have also dubbed the mud control lays on a nice thick layer of loose sludge on to your tone for that good dog shit muddy noise.

All around its pretty much crap so anyone hoping marshall was gonna hit it out of the park with these new amps im afraid your mistaken i have yet to play the JVM but after this piece of crap i couldnt imagine it is any good but im not going to judge until i get behind it but i can say the Vintage is garbage dont even bother with it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
yeah i really didnt like the vintage modern. it didnt sound veyr vintage to me.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
i liked the sound i got out of it
i didnt play it for the amps sake
but because i was testing wahs, so i didnt really spend much time with it
but the stuff i heard sounded pretty good to me

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The marshall Legacy is built on Superleads, JMP's, Plexis, and JCM800's, JCM900's are icing on the cake and it pretty much stopped there....
I thought the Vintage Moderns, despite their awful names, were supposedly one of their best amps.
Sent from my iPad.
whatever it is they shoudln't name ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE GUITAR WORLD Vintage-Modern. goddamn, marshall. they think they're way smarter than they are
Did you really crank it? 'Coz that's what they're meant for.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I always thought Vintage > Vintage modern/modern.

My logic > yours

>_>

<_<

Yeah, but as LEE said, they're meant to be cranked.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I know and i did still garbage IMO. I took it in too their sound proofed room and turned the volume up to 4 then almost to 5 but it got to loud and i turned it down and it was still junk IMO.

I know how to EQ an amp and how to play im not an idiot this thing was just junk
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Mar 25, 2007,
^Fair enough then.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ya it just Sounded thin not very responsive Sludgish. Very muddy. Maybe i have just been using a 800 to long lol and expect greater things from marshall lol stupid me i should have learned better by now
Quote by Syn Harvest
Ya it just Sounded thin not very responsive Sludgish. Very muddy. Maybe i have just been using a 800 to long lol and expect greater things from marshall lol stupid me i should have learned better by now

That's probably why
Sent from my iPad.
i played one and thought it was pretty nice, its kinds tricky to EQ though and starts to sound really good one you get it to about 7. and you thought it was too loud on 5? dont be a pussy man, crank it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 25, 2007,
^^ That's probably exactly why. I heard somebody playing through one of these at a store near mine, and it didn't sound too bad.
ya but at 5 it shouldnt need to be cranked any louder to get that cranked kinda tone.

Also im sorry if the fact that i like to hear makes me a pussy.
Must...refrain...laughter..

True, but the more you crank it, the better it gets. Honestly, you should have cranked it ATLEAST until 7 to see how it sounds.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Must...refrain...laughter..

True, but the more you crank it, the better it gets. Honestly, you should have cranked it ATLEAST until 7 to see how it sounds.

by this he means "buy an orange, they always sound nice."
wait
are we talking o'clock here?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009