I want to get a Fender Super Sonic head and matching cab because Ive heard its a very good amp and is very versatile. I was wondering if I put a metal muff on with this amp if i could a metallica or megadeth metal tone? Ill be using an Epi Les Paul.
I only tried the combo at guitar shop levels, but thought it had quite a bit of gain. It packs a Celestion V30, too, so it's set up to get heavier tones than you're average Fender. The cab is a closed back V30 2x12, just like a Mesa or Orange!

Fender's looking to compete with this baby, no doubt.

You're gonna have to try it out yourself, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I havne't played that amp in particular. But normally any amp from fender usually doesn't do the whole gain thing very well once you get into hardrock territory.

I'd try it out first.

And I heard lots of bad things about carvin amps btw. I'd definately try that amp before buying as well.
yeah, fenders can do classic rock well.

but heads up, the OD on fenders doesnt roll to well with humbuckers.
Quote by Arlabester
yeah, fenders can do classic rock well.

but heads up, the OD on fenders doesnt roll to well with humbuckers.

Actually, according to Guitar World magazine, this is supposed to be like the highest gain Fender tube amp on the market, so i think it would do just fine with buckers
Last edited by the_hoople at Mar 25, 2007,
Right before I bought my Dual rectifier, I had this head, I didnt like it. IT has MORE then enough gain, that is the good end, NO reverb, the effects loop really blows... It doesnt like digital delays and chorus.. I was disappointed, because Aside liking its distortion and clean side, it lacked reverb which is cruicial to my style of playing...
^That's a problem a simple Analog pedal would fix

The Super Sonic is a nice amp. It's tone is nice and such, but you should definitely try it out. I'm sure your local store has it.
Sent from my iPad.