Whenever I try recording my bass to Audacity, it comes up as totally distorted. It's wierd, I don't know how I should set it up to record I guess. Here's how I have it set up.

Schecter Stiletto Elite-5 ---> GK Backline 600 head ---> *running from the speaker out* to a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to the microphone jack on my computer. I tried running it from the tuner out jack, but my computer wouldn't pick any sound up. The only way it'll pick up sound is when I have it set up like I described, but it's all distorted. Can anyone help me?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
try the line in.
the mic jack is a shocker really...
Just curious, I can't tell which jack is for the line in. Any clue as to what the symbol beside it would look like?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

try the line in jack (it has a pic of a music note & an arrow).
Also, you might have to turn down the recording level to make sure it's not 'clipping'.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Just curious, I can't tell which jack is for the line in. Any clue as to what the symbol beside it would look like?

The jacks on any recent computer is color coated. Green is line out I believe, blue is mic and a pinkish red is line in... But I'm not positive. They should also have little pictures with arrows pointing in and out and a mic.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Ok, i recently lost all sound to my computer. After trying to plug it in and play and stuff, i can't get any sound out of my speakers. They won't even pick up the usual bit of static when you turn them up high.. I think i messed something up. I unenstalled audacity immediately afterwords. Any suggestions?
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

maybe the amp head you have fried your sound chip if it outputted too much?
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Quote by Your41Plague12
*running from the speaker out*

WELL THERES UR PROBLEM!!! No wonder u ****ed up ur computer's sound! What makes it worse is that ur amp has a DIRECT RECORDING OUTPUT on the front of it but i suppose u didn't want to waste a couple of quid on an XLR-jack cable. Sorry if i sound like a dick but that was a really bad idea- u should be glad ur soundcard is the only thing that stopped working.

But yeah, get a new soundcard, buy an XLR-jack cable and:
Attachments:
hoo.JPG
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 25, 2007,
Quote by Your41Plague12
Ok, i recently lost all sound to my computer. After trying to plug it in and play and stuff, i can't get any sound out of my speakers. They won't even pick up the usual bit of static when you turn them up high.. I think i messed something up. I unenstalled audacity immediately afterwords. Any suggestions?

You fried your soundchip mate. I had a friend do that a few weeks ago, grab a new one, and read the post above.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Ouch. Anywho, how much would a new sound card cost? And by the way, I'm not from Australia, "mate." (in referrence to eddie) Maybe I should've listed the fact that I'm a total recording n00bcake in a previous post.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist