Well, I have a shit Yamaha amp.
I need a new one, as this is 20 years old.
I need something Semi-Affordable, and It needs to be able to play some metal, yet be good for classic rock and some blues
Price range:
Under $300

What I Play:

Guns n roses
Velvet Revolver
Van halen
Metallica
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Rush
Pink Floyd
Steve Vai
Black Sabbath
ETC...
Quote by FRDesign
which one?
A 30, 60 etc

30 is the same as the 60, just bigger, and I agree, that would be perfect for the style of music you play.
Look into Ampeg amps. I don't know if they make a small one, but the one I have is awesome, and I play the same music you do.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Peavey Transtube. I tried one and they sound closest to a tube that I have heard. A lot of people on the site don't like them. If I were you I would try one out.
Roland is good. High gain amp. I don't know about the Peavey and Ampeg amps, I didn't like the Spider amp I played. I have a Marshall along with the Roland. I'd suggest Roland.
Quote by uldhppi
Peavey Transtube. I tried one and they sound closest to a tube that I have heard. A lot of people on the site don't like them. If I were you I would try one out.
I have an old Peavey Envoy 110 I'd be willing to sell, .

Either the Vox AD serious or Roland Cubes would be good, if you're looking into modelers. I'd stay away from lower end solid state Marshalls, like the MG series.

EDIT:
Quote by FRDesign
Yes.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Look into the Vox AC15 or a used Orange Tiny Terror. Perfect for classic rock.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Judging by your list, I'd suggest that you look at some sort of Marshall.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by claptonfan55
Judging by your list, I'd suggest that you look at some sort of Marshall.
Not in his price range...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Vox AD30VT would be perfect for you. It's not too loud but it still packs a punch. Otherwise, Cubes are good, Peaveys are decent, Older Line Spiders are good, (the ones with the red plastic,) or an older Marshall Valvestate would be good. For under $300, there is a lot to look at. If I were you, I would go to a Guitar Center and play anything and everything.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Tech 21 trademark 30. Awesome amp, very versatile.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER.
line 6 spider 3 75 watt. im probably gonna get flamed for saying that.

power to the Line 6 faithful!!
THE SETUP

Paul Reed Smith SE Singlecut
Ibanez SZ520QM
Boss TU-2
Boss DS-1
Boss GE-7
Boss TR-2
Boss DD-6
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Line 6 Spider II head
Marshall MG412 cab

My band Desperate Conversation
one word: craigslist

i bought my MG30 for 100 bucks on craigslist. there was no way in hell i was going pay 250 for that thing - not worth 250. don't pay more than 125 used. my amps clean channel is nice but i think the distortion sucks. plus its got reverb, flange, chorus, and delay. and it has a big marshall logo on the front !!
Quote by FRDesign
On ZZ sounds, everyone has rated the MG 10/10

They were probably paid off. Just go play one and you'll immediately see how crappy it is.