has it just got a deeper sound or is it set up differently or what...

can someone please fill me in?

cheers
Quote by pure mental
has it just got a deeper sound or is it set up differently or what...

can someone please fill me in?

cheers

They're tuned much lower, so yes its a deeper sound to a certain extent. Wikipedia/google it! This should be done before people ask questions like this!
Inhuman evil take down!
i was wondering the same thing so i Wikipedia'ed like one you said,so i get the differance between a baritone and a normal guitar,but i was wondering can it still be used all the tuneings on it,or can you only use certain ones? it would be really helpfull if someone could reply ASAP
The baritone register is between the Tenor and Bass registers. The guitar starts at the high end of the bass range if not completely out of it (i'm not sure what the exact note range is) and of course the bass is in the bass range. A baritone guitar therefore is actually inbetween a guitar and a bass, longer neck than a guitar, shorter than a bass. My mate has one that's tuned in drop A I think. It's specifically designed to create enough tension over a long distance. If you were to downtune a normal guitar down to drop A the slack would be ridiculous and it would be unplayable. If you wanted to play normal tuning on a baritone guitar you would need to use lower guage (thinner) strings.
Generally Baritones are tuned to B (B E A D F# B), so generally it's considered a bad idea to tune them any higher, if you want to tune a normal guitar low just change the strings to a different guage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ahh cheers.yer i knew about the longer neck.and i know what ya mean about the drop a.i had to get .13's put on my guitar so i could play some nile and slipknot stuff,and even then it rattled a bit.

im asking because theres a guitar i really like,but its a baritone,so i wasnt sure wheather its worth getting or not.i normall play in standard,half a step down,drop d and drop d half a step down.any oppinions?
If you don't normally play in anything lower than C# I really wouldn't bother if I were you. If you were going to play Nile and Slipknot all the time I'd consider it, but otherwise, no.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.