Poll: would you date a chick that hates your musical prefence or whose taste you hate?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you date a chick that hates your musical prefence or whose taste you hate?
yes
23 66%
no
12 34%
Voters: 35.
Is the muscial preference of your girlfriend important to you? Would you, for example, date a chick that likes hiphop if you hate it?

EDIT: I should point out that the question for the poll is: "Would you date a chick that doesn't have the same taste in music as you"

(for me, if she's hot, hell yes )

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is, because I've come to like this really cool girl who unfortunately listens mainly to hiphop, but I don't really care. Especially cuz I found out I jammed with her amazingly good bassist father at a jam session last year
Just all of my friends who are into Hardrock, punk etc. keep on bashing me for it. I dont give a flying shit, to be honest, just wanted to know you're opinion on this matter
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 25, 2007,
my girlfriend used to be into really overplayed radio bullshit but i whipped her into shape...
she now LOVES my music, thank god...
if i like a girl that doesnt share my musical taste, i go out of my way to change it...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
It would be harder to start a relationship with, and they'd be less to talk about because they probably wouldn't like my music because I play and talk about it all the time. If she was willing to open up, and listen then it would be more likely, but if I really, really liked her then I could maybe overlook the music part.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Considering I like almost every genre of music, it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by x_thurston_x
my girlfriend used to be into really overplayed radio bullshit but i whipped her into shape...
she now LOVES my music, thank god...
if i like a girl that doesnt share my musical taste, i go out of my way to change it...

that sounds a little bit too imposing IMO, but yeah id definately be showing her the kind of stuff i listen to and stuff like that, but essentially it doesnt really matter, i voted no

EDIT: ****, i meant to vote yes, i didnt realize it was would you date i thought it was would you care... shit
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Mar 25, 2007,
dont care.

im into balls to the wall metal and i dated an indie chick for 3 years.
No sorry, not if she's whining about my music and turns it off everytime I play it. I wouldn't care that much what she listens to though.
Apparently.
My last girlfriend was in love with Fall Out Boy and From First to Last. I can't even describe my disgust for those bands. But we went out for 5 months.

My current girlfriend likes a lot of just dumb music. Like, if she listed her favorite bands in the Metal Forum, they'd start a petition to have her IP banned forever.
Spiral Out
My girlfriend pretty much likes every kind of music lol.

BUT I wouldn't really care much about it.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by HumanitysDeath
My current girlfriend likes a lot of just dumb music. Like, if she listed her favorite bands in the Metal Forum, they'd start a petition to have her IP banned forever.

thats almost sigged
Well if we differed, I'm sure it should be fine, but if she listens to modern rap & techno rubbish, then byebye.