I just sanded the clear coat (not the paint) off my LP neck, I now know the benefits of this simple mod. But is there anything else I should do? Any special way to take care of a non-clear coated neck?
don't barf on it onstage.

don't worry too much, it'll be fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Ideally, the pores of the wood really need to be sealed. Warmoth necks come with a warranty disclaimer requiring the use of a 'hard' finish. I have found that a tung oil sealer (polymerizing) works well. I then dilute with a polymerizing tung oil and get a nice lustre for the final coat. I get my tung oil products from Lee Valley.
^ The paint is still on. The threadstarter just sanded off the glossy part, making the neck smoother.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ The paint is still on. The threadstarter just sanded off the glossy part, making the neck smoother.

Hmm. That's not what I understood from reading his post but if so, nothing more needs to be done.
Quote by rockr09
I just sanded the clear coat (not the paint) off my LP neck, I now know the benefits of this simple mod. But is there anything else I should do? Any special way to take care of a non-clear coated neck?

You're right, Vulcan. Nothing else needs to be done. Unless the paint starts to chip, then the paint should be sanded off, and the neck should be oiled.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You're right, Vulcan. Nothing else needs to be done. Unless the paint starts to chip, then the paint should be sanded off, and the neck should be oiled.

I have a friend who despised the gloss finish on the neck of his Strat, so he scuffed it uniformly with 1000grit paper. After a while the oils from his hand would start to make it a bit sticky, so he would repeat the process. He eventually wore right through to bare wood on most of the neck. Then it started to look grungy but really cool. He still plays that one 15 years later.