well my russian big muff is currently broken, due to the pots being in pieces i have tried to put them back together but they still wont work.

is there a way to bypass them ?, with perhaps solder?

sorry im a noob guy

i would go out and buy new pots, but i need it for a few hours time

any help would be fantastic

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Mar 25, 2007,
Post a picture of the back of the pot (inc. the wires attached) and me or one of the others will show you which ones to solder together.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
if you want to bypass it couldnt you just take the wires that went to the pot and instead run them straight to the jack?
Quote by xifr
Post a picture of the back of the pot (inc. the wires attached) and me or one of the others will show you which ones to solder together.

Help me to live.

What did you do to that poor pot? Which one is it, I'll have a bit of a lookey at a schematic and see what I can find for you.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
What did you do to that poor pot? Which one is it, I'll have a bit of a lookey at a schematic and see what I can find for you.

thats the tone pot, but the volume is in the same state

Help me to live.

Its hard to tell from the pic which lug is the ground lug, but essentially one of the outside lugs is the ground, and the other two are in/out, so those two wires need to be soldered together. Looking at the other pot in the top corner, it looks like the left lug is the ground because it has heaps of wires coming into it. The other way to identify the ground lug is if it is soldered to the pot, or directly to the ground lug or shell of another pot.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
thanks for the help, i got it to work

cheers

Help me to live.

Bro, what did you do? I have that same pedal and I've kicked it across the practice space into a brick wall and its fine, what did yo do?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.