anyone knowing what it sounds like? someone told me the floyd rose would kill the tone of the strat, is that true???

this is actually the guitar that has everything i want except that it has a rosewood neck!
is there one with maple ?

would you recommend me to buy it?
It is a pretty decent guitar. it does kind of hurt the tone a bit having the FR because the massive amount of wood took out for it isn't too good for the guitar. But it's a Strat, and Strats are good. I've never saw many problems with this guitar.
Only one thing really to watch out with, and that's thee floyd rose, you may want to replace it with an official one.

And it won't kill the tone cos strats already have a piece of wood missing it's only a small amount extra that's getting taken away for the floyd.
but with floyd rose the strings don't seem to have any contact with the body at all if you know what i mean?
I don't. . .If you're on about how it's strung, its clamped into the floyd rose and put around the tuning machine as normal.

And when you fret it still does touch the frets, and when you dive the trem all the way it'll get stuck to the magnet (which can sound pretty cool) so i does have contact with the body
Quote by jAzZMataZz
but the strings dont go trough the body!
That's true with a lot of guitars.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by jAzZMataZz
but the strings dont go trough the body!

So?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Only one thing really to watch out with, and that's thee floyd rose, you may want to replace it with an official one.

And it won't kill the tone cos strats already have a piece of wood missing it's only a small amount extra that's getting taken away for the floyd.

I have a MIJ Fender FR Strat. The licensed, Fender-stamped version has been bullet-proof, as in no issues with the tuning, and for a 20+ year-old guitar, pretty amazing actually. Although I'm just an occasional shredder, my buddies say it's comparable to their high-end Ibanez shredders.

I have found that the Floyd Rose actually adds to the sustain and resonance. I also have a MIJ Floyd Rose Strat HSS. Floyd Rose's are a bitch to change strings on, but you can dive bomb on the trem and it stays in tune.
THe Fr on this guitar is a Floyd Rose II. A better than lfr's and edge pro 2's but a littel worse than some shcallers and OFR. A very good trem for the price.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
guys, help me out.

this ad caught my attention:

"Fender classic floyd rose strat

genuine fender strat neck. body warmoth alder. pickups: hs-2 hs-2 paf pro.

Sadly, i'm letting her go because i wanna look for a non-floyd rose strat. the floyd sounds too sterile to me, but it's really great for the huge hard rock sound.

Position 4 is my favourite. it's possible to get those sweet mumurs from the neck pickup for some srv solos. I've adjusted the pickups so they're as far away from the strings as possible to get the maximum sustain.

the guitar's been modded with a treble bleed so that the guitar's trebles are not lost when the volumeis rolled down"

i'm interesting in buying the afore-mentioned guitar, but i'm a little hesitant over a few points:

- the "sterility" of the sound. this has been addressed before in this thread, i know, but i'm hoping for some new input. does this guitar lack the characteristic strat sound?

- can someone help me make sense of the pick up configuration? are all of them single coils with the bridge a humbucker?

- should i be worried about the treble bleed configuration?

pics are here: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/ftggog/

i'm really thinking of getting this one cos i need a guitar with a floyd rose. and i don't particularly like the ibanez sounds.

thanks for your help!
Last edited by bentantilles at Mar 31, 2007,
These guys are idiots. It's not THAT much less wood compared to a normal strat. The difference in tone from the wood is minimal.

The difference in tone comes from the fact that it's a floating double locking tremolo.
Quote by bentantilles
guys, help me out.

this ad caught my attention:

"Fender classic floyd rose strat

genuine fender strat neck. body warmoth alder. pickups: hs-2 hs-2 paf pro.

Sadly, i'm letting her go because i wanna look for a non-floyd rose strat. the floyd sounds too sterile to me, but it's really great for the huge hard rock sound.

Position 4 is my favourite. it's possible to get those sweet mumurs from the neck pickup for some srv solos. I've adjusted the pickups so they're as far away from the strings as possible to get the maximum sustain.

the guitar's been modded with a treble bleed so that the guitar's trebles are not lost when the volumeis rolled down"

i'm interesting in buying the afore-mentioned guitar, but i'm a little hesitant over a few points:

- the "sterility" of the sound. this has been addressed before in this thread, i know, but i'm hoping for some new input. does this guitar lack the characteristic strat sound?

- can someone help me make sense of the pick up configuration? are all of them single coils with the bridge a humbucker?

- should i be worried about the treble bleed configuration?

pics are here: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/ftggog/

i'm really thinking of getting this one cos i need a guitar with a floyd rose. and i don't particularly like the ibanez sounds.

thanks for your help!

That is actually pretty dead on perfect, it is set up so that when you roll down the volume your tone doesn't lose definition.

Pretty much all Floyd strats are HSS, which probably the most versatile configuration fender offers. This guitar should offer classic strat sounds as well as plenty of more modern ones from the bucker.
how does the floyd rose affect the tone?

and thanks for the feedback. i'm leaning towards getting it. though US$600 sounds a tad steep a price to pay for a used model of this kind.
^its not teh floyd in all. its teh amount of wood that has to be taken out to install the floyd rose tremelo. its not really a big change.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
FR's on Strats are blasphemous.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
i want one of these and floyd roses are great if i was going to buy a guitar now it needs a floyd rose. but does this have an original floyd rose or a lfr