Page 1 of 2
How much does your band get per gig ?
Mine gets about 300/400 $.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
nothing. not once have we played a gig where we got payed. our regular venue wants all performers to donate £2!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

It doesnt matter. I would rather get the experiance of playing than boasting how much money I get. Stop trying to show off.
anywhere from 200-500 summer time
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
havn't played a payed gig yet. Not that it matters because as others have said its good to get experience first.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by tallicafan888
It doesnt matter. I would rather get the experiance of playing than boasting how much money I get. Stop trying to show off.

Agreed. Plus that $400 dollars would have to be split between band members, then factor in travel costs and possible equipment fees it still only $80 (?) per member.

Still, congrats on getting paid!
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
We've played three paying gigs in small venues where the payout depended on the numbers of people going. So it's varied between £64 and £2.50

They were all fun though ^_^
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Well I wasn't trying to impress anyone, i just wanted to make some kinda survey.
We get about £200 split between us, but the ****ing venues usually make up some excuse to take more money off us, so we end up walking out with about £150.
Quote by gallagher2006
We get about £200 split between us, but the ****ing venues usually make up some excuse to take more money off us, so we end up walking out with about £150.

yer avatars keepin in time with the song im listenin to with his head!

We havnt played many gigs yet...the ones we have were voluntary cus we wanted experience! Good fun tho
im not in a band but if I was we'd get seventy billion dollars a gig
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by jacobs
im not in a band but if I was we'd get seventy billion dollars a gig

+1
10 beers and half a sandwich.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Our band had a show last night and we got paid $75 bucks, but this was our first paying show too.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Quote by leftybassdude
well my mommy gives me a dollar to play for her

That's awesome.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
depends, it ranges from nothing to $1000 (when we do cover sets) we usually just get a percentage of the door.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by tallicafan888

I dont think he was trying to show off. Money is needed for the band. I dont have a band but my friend said they get about £200-400 usually, and they take about half of that and put it towards paying for their practice space, new equipment or recording studio hire.
QUESTION FOR THE THREADSTARTER!

dude how do you go about setting up paying gigs? i can't seem to find anywhere that does that, but my band is now at the point that we're good enough that quite an amount of people will pay to come see us. What should i do/what did you do?
oh and if we play an out of town gig when not touring we usually get a rider too, if you want to count that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by I_Pwn
For our only gig we 50.

I've only played one paying gig so far and that was for a teachers union, made $1000, everybody loves a swing band!
Everything else was unpaid though, although it was totally worth it, so much fun, hot damn, I love being a musician.

EDIT: forgot to mention the $1000 was split amongst the 15 of us in the band
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Quote by Angus77

I've only played one paying gig so far and that was for a teachers union, made $1000, everybody loves a swing band!
Everything else was unpaid though, although it was totally worth it, so much fun, hot damn, I love being a musician.

EDIT: forgot to mention the $1000 was split amongst the 15 of us in the band

CRAP! 15 members! Jeese the next slipknot or something? What does everyone play?
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Usually either:

A crate of lager or two
Two pitchers of lager each
Bottles of wine

or just a pat on the back
Quote by ericgentz
CRAP! 15 members! Jeese the next slipknot or something? What does everyone play?

As I said, it's a swing band, trombones, trumpets, saxophones, rhythm section, vocals, all that fun stuff
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Quote by leftybassdude
well my mommy gives me a dollar to play for her

Well, your mommy gives me two dollars to play for her
well we have never been paid....instead we always have to pay a huge amount...and the gig usually happens in my school(wats uo with that)......in which my friends boo me!!!!
i have a sad life u know!!!
Last edited by Blo0d VeNom!!!! at Mar 25, 2007,
My Band dont get payed all the time.not that it matters lol
but mostly if payed its about 800 to 2000 for travel an local is 100 to 500
site?
I love music!
I hate how it turns us on each other!
I support music as a whole! not this useless hate!
Quote by ITSTIMETOROCK
QUESTION FOR THE THREADSTARTER!

dude how do you go about setting up paying gigs? i can't seem to find anywhere that does that, but my band is now at the point that we're good enough that quite an amount of people will pay to come see us. What should i do/what did you do?

Well our first gig proposal was from my uncle who is the owner of a club; he used to invite punk, rock and even jazz bands from time to time, so mom told him about my band and puff... we got our first show. We earned 100$ :P but that was because he's my uncle. Our exibition was quite good according to my uncle, then the word spread.
Two months later we had another gig proposal.

You must know the right persons: musicians, clubs/bars owners etc...

Usually we don't split the money between us, we keep it to buy more equipment, and maybe some studio time.
Yeah but we only gig once a month if we're very lucky so I think you shouls keep your job.
I got like 12.72 american playing on the sidewalk for 2 or 3 hours with my cousin and friends at a local festival thing. We had a hat to throw money into and everything, it was great. Considered the actual "band" only practiced 1 song for 15 minutes I think we did pretty good. Me and my friend Drew mostly improved. Next year we're gonna have SONGS to play though, so it's gonna be great. Yep. 12 bucks.
"The inner machenisms of my mind are an inigma."

-Patrick Star
The figure my band gets contains a lot of zeros.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB
The figure my band gets contains a lot of zeros.

Is that £00.00 by any chance?
Quote by TJ1991
Is that £00.00 by any chance?

Close.

I was talking more like;

£000000000.00

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

One million dollars!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
When we gigged over the summer, we would get between $25 and $50. haha. just enough to pay for gas. When playing private parties and the such, however, we got about $150-$200.
Page 1 of 2