ok,my parents are giving me some money for my birthday and even though its 3 months away,im giving it some serious thought.i play anyhting from blues to metal
so i want a guitar that is/has....

*floyd rose
*under $800 au ( might add a little,check guitar.com.au for australian prices)
*either a single coil(s) or EMGs
*anything that is not made out of agathis-cuts out all the ESPs in my price range
Ok well you seem to want a metal guitar, if anything i'd say go for an Ibanez, they do it all!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_page_2007.php?AREA_ID=2&PAGE_ID=378&COLOR=CL01&MODEL_NO=RG350EX

The RG350EX is about $790 brand new, the body is a better wood, has an ibanez whammy which is just as good as a floyd rose (i know, i have this guitar) although the pickups need a little help from a distortion pedal or a big ass amp, other than that they give out great cleans and are great for metal (in my opinion anyways)

Hope this helps
i guess an Ibanez of some sort is your best option, but i think you should look in to some Fenders, although they don't have Floyd Rose's you get a lot more for your money than if you go for an Ibanez
yeh theres a lot of ibanez guitars that suit me,in the stores and everything they recomend them in my price range.ive acuallt tried outh that guitar once, it feels quite nice
id recomend an ibanez u can get a great one for under 800, get an rg they are super comfortable and u can get a prestige for around that price
Get a RG1570.

Or my S.

But seriously, if you want something new, get a RG1570. They're the best budget Prestiges.
hmm...

looking at the site...

the Schecter Omen 6 FR might be good... (it says Floyd Rose in there
not Licenced) so if it's a REAL Floyd then I'd get that...
Quote by Archeo
hmm...

looking at the site...

the Schecter Omen 6 FR might be good... (it says Floyd Rose in there
not Licenced) so if it's a REAL Floyd then I'd get that...

what site?
^^

the one you gave out...
guitar.com.au and it around your price range too...

if the Schecter does have a REAL Floyd in it then IMO I'd grab that in a sec!

ibanez RG?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by timo1
even if it is not a real FR,is it better than the ibanez FR

Which one? Ibanez has lots of models.

The ZR, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge and Edge are all as good as, if not better, than the original Floyd.

The Edge II, Edge III, Edge Pro II, Lo-TRS and Lo-TRS II are all comparable to licensed Floyds, and aren't as good as the originals.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Damien FR. Hand's Down. I've Played on my friends RGX Series Guitar and I think my Schecter is way better.
Quote by timo1
edge pro

The edge pro has one major downfall - no locking studs like the edge or lo-pro edge, so it goes out of tune more easily. Rich from ibanezrules.com sells a locking stud mod for edge pros if you want to refit them - in that case they're as good as OFRs or original edges.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.