Hey guys, im supposed to be handing in a 2000 word program proposal this week, and I dont even know what the program should be.. any ideas?

seriously.. i need help!!

oh yeah, any other Murdoch Media Studies students out there? Im sure youre going through the same thing.. ..

help!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
here it is, shortened of course..

- new television program
- should be popular, and challenge viewers in some way
- new ideas that would rate well
- should challenge common assumptions, throw new light on relationships or to see possibilities for better ways of life for example.

thanx mulletman for tryin to help!!.. much much appreciated dude..

im just so stumped for this one. Plus ive got 2 more due this coming wk..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
And how long have you had to do this sir? Procrastination will be your downfall.

And hypocricy will by mine for chastising you about procrastination.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
CORY!!! hahhaha.. you have come to my rescue..

it is due this coming thursday..
Are you going to have to make the programme eventually? Like, will it have to be feasable? If not, you could do a sci-fi (something like Doctor Who or Torchwood which is meant to challenge gender stereotypes because everyone in it is bisexual).

Or you could make a comedy along the lines of Spaced which is full of references to pop culture and has many nods to film classics.

Maybe do something in the film noir style. It's not been used for a very long time, and if you update the format, you could come up with something quite innovative.
It can't be hard to think of a new TV show. All the networks are so consumed with reality show trash that anything different would probably be looked on fondly.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by mulletman500
Are you going to have to make the programme eventually? Like, will it have to be feasable? If not, you could do a sci-fi (something like Doctor Who or Torchwood which is meant to challenge gender stereotypes because everyone in it is bisexual).

Or you could make a comedy along the lines of Spaced which is full of references to pop culture and has many nods to film classics.

Maybe do something in the film noir style. It's not been used for a very long time, and if you update the format, you could come up with something quite innovative.

good idea, if only i knew what Spaced was.. sorry mate, not one of those shows i have heard of.

and it has to be feasable i guess, but i doubt that it would actually become a programme someday. But the point is to come up with something feasable, if not, something Sci-Fi would seriously do the trick.

Quote by Cory Smash
It can't be hard to think of a new TV show. All the networks are so consumed with reality show trash that anything different would probably be looked on fondly.

I was thinkin about something along the lines of reality Tv.. just wondering what about is all..
Spaced. It's pretty funny. Also, I'd recommend against reality TV, as the genre is annoying and tired, and there are so many reality shows at the moment. And only a few are actually successful.
Make a show about middle aged people and their relationships. Their marriages, their kids (or lack there of), work. All that stuff. So many shows focus on young people that I bet it would be at least moderately interesting to see something about people a bit older.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by mulletman500
Spaced. It's pretty funny. Also, I'd recommend against reality TV, as the genre is annoying and tired, and there are so many reality shows at the moment. And only a few are actually successful.

I agree with you on the Reality Tv bit, and thanx for the link! total awesomeness!! now i can watch all my Dragon Ball!! hahaha

I cant seem to think of anythin that would interact with the audience enough to cause some sort of an impact.. that baffles me..

Quote by Cory Smash
Make a show about middle aged people and their relationships. Their marriages, their kids (or lack there of), work. All that stuff. So many shows focus on young people that I bet it would be at least moderately interesting to see something about people a bit older.

old people.. now thats just yucky.. hahha.. but seriously, i would be just a little worried as to how many ppl might be attracted to the idea. Like, will it be commercially successful?

i like the thinkin outside the box, but i worry that there may be responses like, "why do we need to watch a show about other us'es" you know? like why would ppl want to see other ppl just like them

the idea of making shows about the younglings, IMO, interests the older, cos maybe some of them have never been through such things, and the younglings themselves are normally curious about other ppl like them..

I doubt married ppl or just older ppl in general would want to watch something about themselves.. would they?
Last edited by xtopher_aaron at Mar 25, 2007,