As you know scales are one of the main parts to learn guitar.I found something strong and easy to use to learn scales in the net.
Check this .It's always free and simple to use.
Cheers...
Sorry, I don't get it. So when you learn the notes of the scales, do you just play them up and down?
Should I memorize all of the different scales?

Thanks.
Quote by armouredheart
Sorry, I don't get it. So when you learn the notes of the scales, do you just play them up and down?
Should I memorize all of the different scales?

Thanks.

Actually you don't need to memorize all of different scales.Scales tell you which note is next when you playing.
one thing though, why is it that when i tried to find pentatonics, it keeps redirecting me to something else?
^No,it doesn't.
Select the root note,then select scale type.Remember! pentatonic major or pentatonic minor.
And plus,number of string:6
Hey, If I were to write a song and wants to use the E Major scale.
( E - F#/Gb - G#/Ab - A - B - C#/Db - D#/Eb )

Can I use any of the chords with the same name as the notes above?
^you can't use any of the chords,but it's not 100% impossible.I did not hear your song(I mean which kind of music are you playin')
I suggest you try E A D# chords.
Quote by Arcus
Hey, If I were to write a song and wants to use the E Major scale.
( E - F#/Gb - G#/Ab - A - B - C#/Db - D#/Eb )

Can I use any of the chords with the same name as the notes above?

The chords in E major would be...

E major
F# minor
G# minor
A major
B major
C# minor
D# diminished
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
So I can start on an E major followed by like a C minor and then an A and solo over those with the E Major scale as long as I start on an E note (and stay in the scale of course)?
wow... so cool. it even has a metronome and tuner! Thanks man, really convenient practice aid!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by emad
Actually you don't need to memorize all of different scales.Scales tell you which note is next when you playing.

Things like this make me cry. Just playing scales when you solo, or try to write a melody sucks. It sounds boring, and stupid. Any monkey can learn to play scales up and down the neck.

Honestly, I really think the entire scales thing is far, far over rated.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by Corwinoid
Things like this make me cry. Just playing scales when you solo, or try to write a melody sucks. It sounds boring, and stupid. Any monkey can learn to play scales up and down the neck.

Honestly, I really think the entire scales thing is far, far over rated.

So what you gonna do?play like monkeys?