I'm just curious...Has anyone tried out those Modboards from GuitarFetish?
They seem interesting and I'm kind of tempted to try one of them out but want to know if anyone has opinions.
Attachments:
MBCP1.jpg
Ibanez Jem7DBK
Washburn USA Custom Shop
Edwards E-LP-98 LTS
Epi LP + SH-2 + SH-4
Art & Lutherie Cedar
Cube30
Boss OD-3
i would love to try it, to bad i cant wire anything to save my life
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
guitar fetish is reliable in what iv got from it so far.. so why not give it a try?
tell me how it turns out if you do get it, i might want some delay =p
I was thinking of getting the compressor for my strat too but that will be down the line a bit since I'm going to paint it first.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
What are these things? Where do they go and what do they do?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
What are these things? Where do they go and what do they do?

They're circuit boards that you place in the body cavity of your guitar, and they offer effects such as compression/sustain, analogue delay, etc. Supposed to be easy to install, but what I really want to know is how well they perform, hence this thread.
Ibanez Jem7DBK
Washburn USA Custom Shop
Edwards E-LP-98 LTS
Epi LP + SH-2 + SH-4
Art & Lutherie Cedar
Cube30
Boss OD-3
the good thing about modBoards in general is that the connections to the pots and controls are plug-in/out connectors, not soldering wires. The actual wiring to the signal wire is a soldering issue, but that still takes out a good chunk of soldering work.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
What I am seeing right there is only 3 capacitors and a trim pot. Theres no way you can get a true compressor from that...

That's what I thought when I first saw these. Like mentioned above me, there's got to be some kind of digital IC or something on the other side... which would make there analog delay, digital. It's a cool idea, but I can't see very many people actually buying these. I'd much rather have a pedal then FX mounted in my guitar. But that's just me.
Hai UG!
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
^hah yea probably Digital Chips. And look at the site... "Tube distortion". Haha. Since when was tube distortion made by a digital, solid state chip?

Maybe they mean like a Tubescreamer type thing?
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
You never know... could be some IC's from that company, what's it called... ahh yes, Double Secret Probation Electronics... they make those IC's with the microscopic tubes built in. Really good stuff man. They also make those wah wah's that are controlled by the persons mind. But don't tell anyone, it's still on the hush hush....

Spread the word.
Hai UG!