My mexican strat neck has 21 frets. Other than that, the specs are the same in the dimensions. I went to Guitar center and faced a mexican right up to an american and other than the extra fret, couldn't see anything different. But there's a seller on ebay (reliablefender) that says I shouldn't try to swap them.
no your intonation will be out

check out a fret calculator on the internet to see what i mean.

fretting a note will be microtonally incorrect
It works as long as the pickguard is not too thick. The 22nd fret will 'hang over' the pickguard, so it obviously won't work if it's too thick (if it actually is too thick you could always cut out a part of the pickguard).
Quote by eisaac
no your intonation will be out

check out a fret calculator on the internet to see what i mean.

fretting a note will be microtonally incorrect

What the hell? Both guitars have the same scale length.
Isn't the width of the neck wider on an American anyway? Most Mexis have somewhere around a 1 5/8" nut width and the American has 1 11/16". The neck might be to wide to fit in the neck pocket.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Nut width makes no difference. The neck pockets on Strats are all the same, except when they have a shaped profile or some other unique mod.

An American Strat neck will fit on a Mexican Strat body. You will not have intonation problems. End of story.
Hi, I'm Peter
yes.

strat necks on american and mexican are the same as long as you get two of the same kind of neck...