normally i play guitar, i recently joined a thrash metal band which im supposed to be playing bass and singing in, and im buying a bass.

im starting off with a little 5W practise amp, but when we start gigging i want a good stack.

basically i want something very versatile that can handle things from very clean to very heavy, that can produce a very broad range of tones. i probably wanna get a head with 2 cabinets, but if thats a bad idea, someone please say so.

what would you reccomend? i dont have a particular budget, as soon as i find a stack i like ill save up til i can afford it.

thanx
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Ampeg SVT-4 Pro head, Ampeg 8x10 Cab, Ampeg 2x15 cab. That's my dream rig.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
a Gallien Kruegar RB1001-Mark II head with a RBH410 cab and a RBH115 cab
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
how much money do u have dude?

Quote by Your41Plague12
Ampeg SVT-4 Pro head, Ampeg 8x10 Cab, Ampeg 2x15 cab. That's my dream rig.

you really do know NOTHING about ohms law, do u m8?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 25, 2007,
Quote by eddiehimself
how much money do u have dude?

And how many watts are we talking here?
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
well what i suggested is semi affordable
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i know its not a stack but the line 6 LD300 pro is very versatile. Its 300 watts the only bad thing is that it only comes in 1x15. Also its only about 600 us dollars.
Quote by b@ss
i know its not a stack but the line 6 LD300 pro is very versatile. Its 300 watts the only bad thing is that it only comes in 1x15. Also its only about 600 us dollars.

I think the only bad thing about it is how crap it sounds.