Page 1 of 3
"You also agree that you will not use these producs for the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons."

R E G G A E

OHH YYEEEEAAAAHH!!!!!
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by Michelangelo193
They can also get viruses and spyware.

So would Macs if people invented viruses and spyware for it, but their userbase is so dwarfed by those who use PCs it would be counter productive.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
and the fact that mac user already have to put up with enough error messages
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.
I said no to drugs but they didn't listen.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Thank God someone else understands this.

It's common sense, you'd think more people would understand.

If I got a cardboard box and plugged it into the wall, and called it the Ranklux 9000 it wouldn't get any viruses either.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by merfsullivan
I must be an idiot, I don't get the kool aid picture... :/

I think its more to do with the fact it isn't funny.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Rankles
It's common sense, you'd think more people would understand.

If I got a cardboard box and plugged it into the wall, and called it the Ranklux 9000 it wouldn't get any viruses either.

how much for a Ranklux 9000!!??
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by Dirge Humani
Thank God someone else understands this.

Uh, we do (mac users). And we LIKE it that way. The minority is always better.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Anyone who reads Maddox's page will have seen that ages ago...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
right click

/thread
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
right click

/thread

...ctrl click.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Uh, we do (mac users). And we LIKE it that way. The minority is always better.

Yeah except we can't get some games to run natively on Macs. Besides that and a couple of other things I love my Mac.
this guy is a wanker

I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

Who needs backup when you're Jack Bauer?
      Quote by Cal UK
      Yeah except we can't get some games to run natively on Macs. Besides that and a couple of other things I love my Mac.

That's why I have a PC also. I use my Mac for sound/recording.
      Guitars:
      Fender Standard Strat
      Martin DX1

Amps:
      Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
      Gator 8-Bus
      Boss TU-2 Tuner
      Digitech Bad Monkey
      ISP Decimator
      Dual button footswitch
      Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
      right click

/thread

On OS X you can right click and thats been out about as long as XP fool.

That's why I have a PC also. I use my Mac for sound/recording.

I wish I had the money. I'd love to really get into LFS.
      Quote by Rankles
      So would Macs if people invented viruses and spyware for it, but their userbase is so dwarfed by those who use PCs it would be counter productive.

They've already made viruses for macs, and as soon as a big enough one comes along 99% of mac users are gonna be screwed.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=OS+X+Virus&btnG=Search&meta=

You know why they are gonna be screwed? Because the majority of mac users are so trusting that macs are and will be virus-free that they don't install anti-virus software or do a single thing to protect themselves.

Just wait and see...
      PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by Rankles

Yeah, it's stupid. They rattle on about how everyone should buy a Mac because there aren't any viruses for it, but what happens when a large percentage of people own Macs and haxx0rs actually bother stringing a virus together?

I can't wait to see the look on Apple's corporate faces when they realise that a virus that would equate to a common cold on a PC took out every Mac on the planet. That'll teach you for shunning anti-virus programs you self-righteous, trend-following, hype-loving, PS3-owning retards.

They've already made viruses for macs, and as soon as a big enough one comes along 99% of mac users are gonna be screwed.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=OS+X+Virus&btnG=Search&meta=

You know why they are gonna be screwed? Because the majority of mac users are so trusting that macs are and will be virus-free that they don't install anti-virus software or do a single thing to protect themselves.

Just wait and see...

I love you x
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      Last edited by Yakult at Mar 25, 2007,
      Quote by Yakult
      That'll teach you for shunning anti-virus programs you self-righteous, trend-following, hype-loving, PS3-owning retards.

I love you x

(I hate PS3. I have 360) Macs actually have antivirus software. It's built into the operating system. Maybe you should do a little research before speaking up, eh?
      Guitars:
      Fender Standard Strat
      Martin DX1

Amps:
      Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
      Gator 8-Bus
      Boss TU-2 Tuner
      Digitech Bad Monkey
      ISP Decimator
      Dual button footswitch
      Quote by Michelangelo193
      They can also get viruses and spyware.

A researcher once said:

"The absence of a security threat doesn't mean you aren't vulnerable"

EDIT:

Quote by TehNez
      (I hate PS3. I have 360) Macs actually have antivirus software. It's built into the operating system. Maybe you should do a little research before speaking up, eh?

Umm, what?
      Last edited by LordSephiroth at Mar 25, 2007,
      Quote by TehNez

Do you have one of the new MacBooks?

Windows has an in-built antivirus software too, but I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows protecting my laptop from anything even vaguely approaching unscrupulous.
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      Quote by Yakult

Windows has an in-built antivirus software too, but I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows protecting my laptop from anything even vaguely approaching unscrupulous.

They've really stepped it up with Vista though, I keep saying this but the protection mechanisms in Vista are very effective (or have been so far).

Having said that, Microsofts antivirus hasn't exactly stood up to industry standards and testing, but its a bit of a new area, so give it some time. In the meantime, get a 3rd party like Symantec.
      Quote by Hells_Bell
      Symantec blows^.

What makes you say that?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious why you'd say that.
      Quote by LordSephiroth
      What makes you say that?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious why you'd say that.

I have never heard someone say a good thing about Symantec. And I think that viruses are only really that dangerous if you download a lot of illegal music and other "dubious" material.
      Yeah, I've had some serious problems with Symantec. For a start it took me about 3 hours, and a session in Safe Mode to actually remove it from my PC. You'd think they'd just make it removeable in the "Add / Remove Programs" program, or just make a working uninstaller, but I guess that'd be too easy
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██
      ████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      That is interesting, thanks for the info.

Their enterprise level products are pretty good, I know several large organizations that use them, I guess they fail with the home users though :p
      Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD

right click

/thread

Sorry, but these days macs come with mouses that can right click.
      Quote by Yakult

Yeah I do. And of course you wouldn't have faith in a built in windows antivirus, it's windows. Who do you think writes most of the major viruses? The antivirus companies do. That's how they make their money. Microsoft isn't an antivirus company, they aren't going to write viruses for their own OS. That's why the actual antivirus apps can come up with fixes so quick, and the windows antivirus can't do jack shit.
      Guitars:
      Fender Standard Strat
      Martin DX1

Amps:
      Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
      Gator 8-Bus
      Boss TU-2 Tuner
      Digitech Bad Monkey
      ISP Decimator
      Dual button footswitch
      Quote by jackbauer
      this guy is a wanker

Quick, someone get a tissue for this guy. His feelings are hurt.
      Page 1 of 3