^^^^^^
looking for an ibanez ts808 reissue
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
wow bump?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
You might also consider going the road of a TS9 (40-50 bucks) or a Boss SD-1 (30-40 bucks), and then get them modded (if you're handy with a soldering iron, it's about $5 worth of parts and time), and then you have a TS808 circuit on your hands. The TS9 and SD1 are all basically the same circuitry and very close to the TS808. The mojo in the TS808 is in the IC and some of the TYPES of components -- so if you can get carbon composite resistors, and an old JRC4558 (right? I forget the exact one offhand), you get these modern pedals electronically the same. But mojo is as mojo does :-)

It JUST SO HAPPENS :-) that I have an SD-1 and a Chocolate Mod kit.

Check this page:
http://www.indyguitarist.com/sd1.htm

You can hear the mods (including the chocolate), and they will sell you a modded pedal, mod a pedal for you, or sell you a kit. So they'll sell you a complete one for $105 (plus shipping?), send them one for modding for $50 (plus the cost of yours and shipping to them, so 80-90?), or buy a kit for $30 (and then get your own SD1, so 60ish total?) And I offer the SD1 I have and the Chocolate Mod installed (by me) for $50 plus shipping (all that is a way to say that I'm not trying to gouge anyone on that price since I'm not a pro and don't do this as a business venture).

There are also TONS of resources on the internet that will show you how to mod a TS9 to TS808 specs (which is very easy). So with TS808 reissues listing at $170, I'm guessing you'll expect to pay $80-90 for a used one -- but you can get TS9s all day long for under $60 (I snagged one for $35 once).

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Best of luck!!

ltt