Just picked up a GH50L

...and now need a good Nu:Metal *Chug*Chug* amp. Would that be the Randall RG100ES.

Your input would be much appreciated, thanks!
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Well if you want solid state and you want CHUG its not hard to go with randall. But whats your budget? Just dont ever get a marshall mg or a line6 spider of any sort.
hmm...

maybe a Line 6 Flextone III or Line 6 Vetta II but those are for real versatility...

and yeah a Randall would be great for these as well as some VHT's...
and I've heard some good comments on the Peavey XXL, might want to lookout
for those and try'em out...

Quote by Archeo
hmm...

maybe a Line 6 Flextone III or Line 6 Vetta II but those are for real versatility...

and yeah a Randall would be great for these as well as some VHT's...
and I've heard some good comments on the Peavey XXL, might want to lookout
for those and try'em out...

I had a line 6 flextone III, it's just a bunch of bad sounding vintage amps as far as what they are modeling. Bad choice for any kind of music. Though, if you need a chug SS amp the only one I can think of that is worth the money off the top of my head would be the Ibanez toneblaster. It isn't modeling, and they actually put thought into making it sound good.
^^

Schecter1277, it all depends on the eqing and stuff but I suppose you've spent enough
time with it to actually dislike it...

and +1 for Kailoq...
but PG doesn't use a GH on that vid...
I think he's using those combo's at the back... (a Laney LV series I think)

but anyways PG really loves the GH though...

Quote by Archeo
^^

Schecter1277, it all depends on the eqing and stuff but I suppose you've spent enough
time with it to actually dislike it...

and +1 for Kailoq...
but PG doesn't use a GH on that vid...
I think he's using those combo's at the back... (a Laney LV series I think)

but anyways PG really loves the GH though...

I owned it for a year and half... I might have spent a little time with it.
Just buy an EQ pedal and maybe a Keeley MT2 for your GH50L and you're sorted
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by mrperson
yeh seconded get an eq and scoop the mids with the pedal in the effects loop

NOO! No mid-scooping!
Quote by mr_hankey
NOO! No mid-scooping!

But he wants a Nu Metal tone!!! lol

But yeah seriously, don't scoop the mids out too much, a little is ok, you won't hear yourself in a band.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by mrperson
yeh seconded get an eq and scoop the mids with the pedal in the effects loop

Or don't.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
dont suppose you could get some sound clips up mrsandman? because ive been looking at the gh50l for a while now because its about half the price of any tube heads i can get. it would be really great if you could. anyway i reckon an overdrive pedal would be the way to go, ive heard clips of the gh50l that dont even need that to get a chugging sound goin but still. unless there is a particular reason why you want a seperate amp?
^Go to www.youtube.com and search Laney GH50, and their are loads of great clips!!

Quote by Untitled001
Fook me, that ruled xD

That song is so DAMN hard, I can get as far as the second part of the first solo really good!! sucess..

I have heard the Laney do chugga many times! But definally look into a Randall or some sort!

And Chugga needs alot of clarity, and response so a nice bit of mids are needed!
Quote by False_God
^Go to www.youtube.com and search Laney GH50, and their are loads of great clips!!

yeah i have done that, problem is lots of them are guys playing through metal zones and gt-8s and all kinds of shit, i just wanna see what it sounds like with the gain knob at 10 ya know
Quote by False_God
suppose.. hold on a sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U53emkPWhPo

He's clean tone is the Gt-8 but he's distortion is the Laney itself with a slight boost!

thanks, thats definitely an awesome sound for the price

actually its an awesome sound full stop... (the rhythm that starts at 1:00 is the sort of thing i hoped this amp could do) but yeah i can get the GH50L for $1300 AU, TT50H for $1900 (how does that compare?) and something like a 6505 goes for $2500 (these are all head prices)

the GH50L is looking good

EDIT: sorry threadstarter ive pretty much hijacked your thread without even realizing
^Lol..

But yeah, the Laney is a great deal for the price like, Its has a sorta mixed voicing, its can produce dark sounds and bright! And the rhythm tone is just kick ass!! I think the TT is a more modern amp, but the GH has more gain I believe. The TT is also like a three channel so.