CyanideChris
Face of Melinda
823 IQ
Sorry about another thread but as you probably know it is best to explore everything you can before spending so much on an amp :P
Well I've tried the Fireball twice in my local store now and it sounds great, but I was listening to the soundclips of the Blackmore on Rocksolidamps.com and it sounds AMAZING aswell.. the only problem is the store doesn't stock any so I can't actually try it out..
Things I play range from clean/accoustic type Opeth style, post-hardcore type thing, thrash and death metal.
But yeah the ENGLs will definitely have enough gain for all that, I'm just wondering which would be the better choice?
The Blackmore is more versatile so I'm kinda leaning towards that now.. but what's holding me back is I haven't and don't know if I'll be able to try it before I buy..

Also one more thing, doesn't matter what head I go for - what are some good cab suggestions?
I'm probably thinking 'bout £500 for a cab MAYBE more. Just need some options to mix n match and see what sounds best :P Atm I'm just thinking about the ENGL 4x12 V60, but are there any other cabs that would sound better or anything?
Thanks
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
the mesa rectifier cabs are great as are the marshall 1960AV (or BV is you dont want a slant lol).
They're both quite bottom end-mid ish so they are really good for heavy stuff
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Kailoq
498 IQ
I heard blackmores have less gain, but I haven't used it personally so I can't tell you how much gain they have and if it'll be enough for you.

I assume a blackmore with an OD could get close to a fireball...but I haven't tried it nor do I know if they take pedals well. Heck, I barely know anything about amps in general...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511151

Dave Mc gives some explanations on the blackmore. Note he said the amp has enough gain in his opinion, but that it differs from person to person.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Cone 21
I Reject Your Reality
274 IQ
The Blackmore is based off of the Savage 120, it has plenty of gain with the best cleans out of all the ENGLs so it is pretty versitle.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i pretty much still agree with what I said in that other thread kailoq was nice enough to post.

blackmore is more versatile, fireball is more out and out death metal. I wouldn't get the fireball over the blackmore unless you played predominantly (and by that I mean about 90%+!) modern brutal death metal. I mean even for stuff like slayer/megadeth, I'd say the blackmore is better.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Kailoq
498 IQ
Does the Blackmore sound good when not cranked?

100W is a lot, from what I've gathered 30W is ideal for bands and gigs, 50W works too, but 100W is just overkill...

Thoughts?
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
attentuator?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Kailoq
Does the Blackmore sound good when not cranked?

100W is a lot, from what I've gathered 30W is ideal for bands and gigs, 50W works too, but 100W is just overkill...

Thoughts?

yeah. engls generally sound good even at lower volumes, but will still sound better cranked up. I guess you'd need to try it to be sure...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Syn Harvest
Is So High
1,303 IQ
I own one as well as a 5150 and i play thrash metal the Fireball is very nice for thrash. i have not played the blackmore though i so i can not elaborate on it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join