I'm stuck between getting an ibanez acoustic electric and an epiphone. The ibanez is $350 and the epiphone is $299. what do you guys think is most reliable?

Ibanez

Epiphone

I'm leaning towards the epiphone but I'm not entirely sure
Last edited by KeepDreamin at Mar 25, 2007,
Price doesn't always have to do anything with quality but brand. I still say you go with the Ibanez, always liked the sound quality, but on the other hand i haven't spent much time on an Epiphone, so i don't know much about them. I guess the rest is up to you =P
well i played them both at guitar center and they sounded a lot alike but the ibanez had a built on tuner. They mostly sounded the same but from experience what would you choose according to brand and reliability?
Look into Takamine's, but I'd say the Ibanez out of those.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
i have the ibanez. Its a nice first guitar, and its has great tone with elixir medium poly strings. The frets are a bit rough in the fingers, the tuner isnt so great, but since its so rough it builds up caluses real quick, and after playing my acoustic and switching over to my strat, i'm a million times better because the acoustic is harder to play.
Quote by JDawg4098
i have the ibanez. Its a nice first guitar, and its has great tone with elixir medium poly strings. The frets are a bit rough in the fingers, the tuner isnt so great, but since its so rough it builds up caluses real quick, and after playing my acoustic and switching over to my strat, i'm a million times better because the acoustic is harder to play.

Well I'm not a beginner. I've been playing for about 2 year and my fingers are as hard as a rock but if its mainly a beginner guitar then i should not buy it right? Epiphone's the right choice? I need a bit more feedback.