how come i cant find an avett brothers thread on here??? thats bullshit. everyone should listen to them.

i didnt really categorize them as alternative/indie, so i put this thread here... hopefully SOMEONE has heard of them... pretty amazing stuff...
brizzah
Yeah, I saw them in Baltimore this past April. They were awesome. I love the Avett Brothers. On iTunes, they're classified, as Country, but that's a pretty bad classification, in my opinion.

I bought Emotionalism as soon as it came out, but it wasn't really as good as their older stuff. I prefered their more upbeat, stomp-and-clap kind of songs. Paranoia in B-flat Major and Will You Return are good songs, though.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
Hell yes! They're from my home-state. I've seen them like 10 times. As far as categorization, they sound like a bluegrass band to me. A very kickass bluegrass band. I Killed Sally's Lover, Love Like The Movies, and Will You Return are my current favorites.
LOL
Yeah, I like Talk on Indolence a lot, too.
Dem Dry Bones
The Avett Brothers are an excellent group. I would like to pick up their cds some time soon.
And tabs anyone?! There's only like 10 on the site! If they had more tabs, that would be sweet lol
^ I haven't found many. My band covered "Love Like the Movies" once, but I think I found that on UG. I just saw them in Baltimore this past Saturday. They're probably my favorite band, and they're great guys. I met their bassist, Bob, before the show.
Dem Dry Bones
^ I thought he played cello. When I saw 'em in some run down bar a few months ago, it was a cello, banjo, and a guitar.
LOL
Well its an upright bass, but he's still a bassist. Just not electric. A cello is like an upright bass, but smaller so you have to sit when you play it.
Dem Dry Bones
I like the Avett Brothers quite a lot. i plan to go see them in Chicago on the 22nd.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
*revives thread*

I just discovered this band a few days ago thanks to a friend of mine. I absolutely love them. NC State is having them and Guster play for their Pack Howl (kind of like a homecoming pep rally/concert) this year, and I got tickets!
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I just played "Swept Away" at an open mic night with 2 friends of mine. I was on the banjo and vocals, another dude on guitar, and a girl we know on vocals. It was amazing.