Poll: Which is the hardest to play?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is the hardest to play?
Jazz
39 25%
Classical/Flaminco
55 35%
heavy metal
5 3%
Country
2 1%
Classic Rock (led zep, stones, etc.)
6 4%
Shred metal
31 20%
Punk/emo/goth/light metal
4 3%
Ive never played all of them so i dunno?
15 9%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 2
Choose which genre is the hardest to play.
I put this poll on muscian talk but it got locked so im trying it again..

i choose classical but jazz was a close second with all the dimminished and add 9 chords and whatever. Classical is just reading sheet music and hard finger picking.
I agree with classical.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Classical is actually preety easy in my opinion.

I'll say Jazz is the hardest, expicially Fusion.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Someone voted heavy metal? i hope they're not talking about that shit thats just strumming the whole time like slipknot.
I think its all personal. if you start learning jazz the minute you pick up the guitar, than after youv masterd it, than you go onto shred and you cant figure it and go like "oh shit this is to fast! i gotta get alot of practice for this cause its the hardest genre" for that person.
acctually, dont mind what i said. i just tried to sound smart for a second.

i say classical also.
Someone voted emo!

Ben Hamelech
Quote by 6WS
$10 says someone is going to say metal, and mean it.

Ahmen brother!!
classical
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Jazz.

Fusion especialy . For it you both need the skills required for shred and extreme theory knowlage (sp)
I've experienced all of those genres (some of them in more then one instrument).

And Classical isnt as hard as you assume it is.

Ben Hamelech
havnt heard much jazz so i say classical, i suck at fingerpicking those classical arrangements for piano on guitar =(
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Jazz is the perfect genre for me to play, as its not only very challenging, but fun. With Jazz you will either:

Trip over yourself to many times to count, or
Get friction blisters on your fingertips.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by BassistGal
I've experienced all of those genres (some of them in more then one instrument).

lol classical isnt as hard as we say, my friend you should look at the all deadley motzart variation in borre in e minor lol thats more crazy than crazy
i think shred genres are the hardest, as it requires the most techniqical skill,it may be a lot of fast notes but it is hard as it requires physical ability as opposed to music knoledge etc.
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Quote by Ryan0811
lol classical isnt as hard as we say, my friend you should look at the all deadley motzart variation in borre in e minor lol thats more crazy than crazy

Look at any great Jazz improviser.

Its really aint as hard as people make it to be.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal

Yuhhhhhno. You go and try to learn a classical piece made for a different instrument on the guitar. I'll give in once you go and learn Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Bach, in the correct timing. Go for it.

I voted Jazz.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
jazz. it requires you to think and forces you to be creative. Also i would say it gets extremely fast at times, maybe not shred speed, but your going to have an easier time getting some paul gilbert down than getting john coltranes giant steps up to speed.
as i play classical (about to do grade 7) and have less experiance i have to say crazy shredding stuff, cos i suck at it
Smexy. =]
Quote by markazord
i think shred genres are the hardest, as it requires the most techniqical skill,it may be a lot of fast notes but it is hard as it requires physical ability as opposed to music knoledge etc.

tapping and sweep picking is taken from flaminca picking off classican and sweep picking, lol not a chance i dare say, taping and all that is easy! as a mo fro
Quote by chillininfl
Yuhhhhhno. You go and try to learn a classical piece made for a different instrument on the guitar. I'll give in once you go and learn Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Bach, in the correct timing. Go for it.

I voted Jazz.

Go and learn Portrait of Tracy (by Jaco) on a guitar.

..Really, Classical aint that hard.

Ben Hamelech
Jazz.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by BassistGal
Go and learn Portrait of Tracy (by Jaco) on a guitar.

..Really, Classical aint that hard.

Why would portrait of tracy be hardér on the guitar?
My teacher studies classical guitar and he was showing me a piece, I'm probably spelling it wrong but it "Cathedral" I think. Crazy stuff. I also respect Jazz for the amount of improv they do...hard choice.

Edit: Yeah, it's called La Catedral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YcrGUkdD1I
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Mar 25, 2007,
mmmk...
Ryan is totaly right here. Classical in it's self is hard...i find (in my 7 years of pure studying and devotion) that a simple studying peice is hard (estudio). And if you have even tried to attempt a flaminco song...it's damned near impossible. Because, a simple flaminco peice such as The Spainish Romanza is hard as hell. I mean it's got straight 8ths at around 200 bpm.
I have tried and tried to attempt songs such as bouree in Eminor...and that is simple compared to some stuff. I find that it is very hard. In essence...CLASSICAL songs are simply arpegios played at allegro tempos and in a PIMI etc. forumula. And you may have chords shapes that you may never have played (a B diminished in a weird postion ie.). And then you may have in time sigs such as 12/8 which is just hard to get a feel for.
Flaminco...omg...that is arpegios that may go up to 250 bpm and straight 16 roll arpeggios. With out any pausing....and since most classical/flaminco is writtin for piano....you are playing a totally different rythm (that almost is a song all by it's self) on your bass strings...and then you have the 'lead' part on your treble strings. If you can tell me that tapping 16 notes at a 7th set grouping...then you are stupid...it is typicaly just tapps going for measures on end.
your stupid if you say shred......
now...jazz...i could consider that a reltive second. It may have a few riffs here and there but it mainly just uses extremly wierd chords..and most jazz musicans just drop the odd extienos....so...yeah
RYAN IS RIGHT ALL THE WAY
I think classical and jazz take years of intense training to master. I assume flaminco as well, although I can't say much since I haven't listened to much flamenco or attempted it.
classical or jazz are both very hard to do, but i picked classical i don't even play violin or Piano (I'm just now learning piano) but thats just my opinion.
Fusion between the immense theory behind jazz and shred, over a flamenco-type of setting, with high gain.
1. Jazz
2. Shred Metal (If you're talking about the shred that HAS 'classical' elements in it.)
3. Classical/Flamenco.
depends on what instrument were talking about, im assuming guitar, which in that case would probably be classical, however:

blugrass banjoists>all shred/classical guitarists
Classical not. Flamenco yes. So my vote goes for Classical/Flamenco.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2