Okay so my school's select choir is going to be doing Rockin Robin at a school concert. The choir teacher person didn't like the sound of the piano and wanted to do drums and bass to accompany the choir. A friend of mine is doing the drums and he came to me to do the bass. I dont actually play bass but i play a lot of guitar and have been at it for quite a while and know i could handle the bass for this song and will be playing his tobias on the song. Problem is i dont actually know what to play so what i need is a walking bass line for rockin robin. If you need an idea of what im talking about go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=flB1t1jK_t0 about 1:40 into it. (yay muppets!) I know i should be able to write something like that but its just not working for my so can anyone write me a walking bass line that would fit in rockin robin?
look for the tab is you need it. or find out the chord progression and just play I,III,V then walk to the next chord
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
well ive looked everywhere and you'd think something that had been so popular would have some bass tabs somewhere but theres none to be found
You probably don't want any fancy stuff going on, as its not your job to take the spotlight. Arpeggiating the chords of the songs should give a nice feel to it.
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
You probably don't want any fancy stuff going on, as its not your job to take the spotlight. Arpeggiating the chords of the songs should give a nice feel to it.

That, or maybe using some triads (like play the root, 3rd, 5th, 3rd [or as many in that pattern as you can fit per bar]). Throw an octave in here or there and wallah!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
That, or maybe using some triads (like play the root, 3rd, 5th, 3rd [or as many in that pattern as you can fit per bar]). Throw an octave in here or there and wallah!

A triad is an arpeggio of three notes...
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Good call. Haven't looked at my theory stuff in a while. I was always under the impression that a triad was different. Nevermind, thanks for clearing that up. I learn something new every day.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.