So... I'm getting a new guitar next month, and being me, I keep changing my mind. I want a double locking trem, BUT, whenI look at the EDGE IIIs, I instantly say "I'm not sure".. It's basically because of the socket for the bar. There isn't any screw in system like a regular floyd has.

Is there anyway to make sure my bar will stay in there? Because this guitar is really striking me, but the trem just makes me go:
hmm...

if you want something that's screw-in type then the TRS - 101 and TRS Pro might
be worth a look but they are not as good as an Edge/Lo Pro Edge/Edge Pro and OFR's...
but definitely a bit better than the ones that are licenced out and put on low end guitars...
On my JS, there is the push-in tremolo arm system which i prefer over the screw in types, as on the original floyd rose, primarily because it is a quicker system. I have never had a problem with keeping it in the trem system, because of the bracket that holds it in inside the system. The only problem with the system I have is that the plastic bushings tend to wear down if you are constantly removing the whammy bar. They cost a buck to replace and I have only had to replace them once in the year that i have had my JS. Hope this helps!
Quote by vanmak52290
On my JS, there is the push-in tremolo arm system which i prefer over the screw in types, as on the original floyd rose, primarily because it is a quicker system. I have never had a problem with keeping it in the trem system, because of the bracket that holds it in inside the system. The only problem with the system I have is that the plastic bushings tend to wear down if you are constantly removing the whammy bar. They cost a buck to replace and I have only had to replace them once in the year that i have had my JS. Hope this helps!

Yeah it did

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting an Ibanez RG350... Dunno what colour yet, either white or black with the white scratchplate. Either way, I need to rustle up another £20 :P

Thanks everyone.
i know what you mean- i have the 350EX, if you can get a screw-in i would be interested in buying one- my hole is slightly too big for the trem bar- it stays in, its just really loose
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
i know what you mean- i have the 350EX, if you can get a screw-in i would be interested in buying one- my hole is slightly too big for the trem bar- it stays in, its just really loose

You got white or black?

White looks nicer... And its cheaper heh.

...You live insansely near me :/
i got the EX- the DX is the black one

i know, you've PM'd me before about it haha what school you at?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

I have the edge III and I don't like the way the bar just hangs there, I preffer screw in. Im thinking about putting something around the tip of the trem so it can make it a little bigger.
Quote by Yngwi3
i got the EX- the DX is the black one

i know, you've PM'd me before about it haha what school you at?

Mildenhall College of Tech... Dunno if you know it... How about you?
ive heard that edge III trems are like tin foil and are crap quality, i was looking at this guitar as well, so any clarification of the quality of them trem
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Untitled001
Mildenhall College of Tech... Dunno if you know it... How about you?
Hmm no...i think you're a bit older than myself being at college- im in year 11 at Stowupland High- are you Bury or Ipswich side of Stowmarket?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

im not a fan of the push in trems, maybe its just the guitars i tried but the trem rattled around in the socket?

anyway when it comes to the edge 3 id be more worried about the tuning stability
Quote by Yngwi3
Hmm no...i think you're a bit older than myself being at college- im in year 11 at Stowupland High- are you Bury or Ipswich side of Stowmarket?

lol it aint really a college, I'm in year 11 too... They just called it a college because of its sixth form options and stuff.
Quote by C.C. Deville
ive heard that edge III trems are like tin foil and are crap quality, i was looking at this guitar as well, so any clarification of the quality of them trem

It's not as bad as people make out, mine was quite reliable and never let me down, but I never really used the trem bar that much.