Ok this is my very first vid. I am by no means going for perfection here. This is just some stuff i came up with and recorded all in the process of about an hour. Im not expecting very good crits but i need a detailed response as to what i need to work on.

Linky
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
OK, I'm gonna look at it as soon as it loads, which could take a while, Cause I have a crappass computer,so don' leave...
Corona Corona
Haha, you have a ballsucking Squier.
Just kidding;but seriously, squiers suck.
What amp are you putting that through.?
Corona Corona
Good... very metallica-ish,but still original.
If you plan to go in the studio, don't put in any reverb and buy a really good distortion pedal., with less background fuzz.
Corona Corona
yesh i know squiers suck... its my first elec guitar. No i dont plan to go into the studio any time soon im only 13... the reverb you heard was natural reverb Im playing in a small a apartment so yea. my amp is a DRIVE 15 watt amp. With gain, bass,treble, and middle settings. I have a very very simple set up. My whole set up including recording gear (mics, software etc) was prolly around like 345 dollors so yea.and i have no distortion pedal yet im getting one in a couple weeks.

btw i see your new to UG yea you like quadrouple posted. (posting 4 times in a row) yea dont do that... just edit yourp ost.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by demoniacfashion
Good... very metallica-ish,but still original.
If you plan to go in the studio, don't put in any reverb and buy a really good distortion pedal., with less background fuzz.

umm,,,,,it sounds pretty much nothing like metallica,,,,i hear quite a bit of as i lay dying type of stuff,,,,but then that could be any generic metalcore band like them,,,not to say it was bad,,,,but i think you could agree that it could use some work,,,,I think it would have benefited from expanding the range you use too,,,,chunking on your low e and do runs in natural minor on the a can be cool,,,,but an entire song using solely that can become tiresome,,,maybe modulate at some point or move the melody to a higher register,,,

and demoniac,,,,double posts =
triple posts =
quad posts and up
Dude, I swear you look just like me.

sorry for the post thing.
You need like a Line 6 amp, or a Hiwatt w/distortion if you can find one.

Hey... wherer do you live?

Ok you're right. Only the beginning is metallica-esque as in it has more melody than like ABorted Fetus or whatever.
Corona Corona
Last edited by demoniacfashion at Mar 25, 2007,
the riffs are pretty cool but either your pm-ing too hard or your EQs are messed up because your low end sounds kinda weird but thats all ive gotta say either way, pretty good
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by rokket2005
umm,,,,,it sounds pretty much nothing like metallica,,,,i hear quite a bit of as i lay dying type of stuff,,,,but then that could be any generic metalcore band like them,,,not to say it was bad,,,,but i think you could agree that it could use some work,,,,I think it would have benefited from expanding the range you use too,,,,chunking on your low e and do runs in natural minor on the a can be cool,,,,but an entire song using solely that can become tiresome,,,maybe modulate at some point or move the melody to a higher register,,,

and demoniac,,,,double posts =
triple posts =
quad posts and up

yea how the hell did you get metallica out of that? yes as i lay dying was one of the man bands that inspired this riff. Ive been editing it some and ive been making lots of alterations as to not always chunking the low D** and moving it up to somtimes the 8th fret A# in place of the D. And ive moved around the runs and added some variations. I have it recorded on my garage band program using two guitars that harmonize during those runs so its all starting to fall into place.
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by demoniacfashion
Dude, I swear you look just like me.

sorry for the post thing.
You need like a Line 6 amp, or a Hiwatt w/distortion if you can find one.

Hey... wherer do you live?

Ok you're right. Only the beginning is metallica-esque as in it has more melody than like ABorted Fetus or whatever.

That's what I was trying to say.
Corona Corona
Quote by OThugSd
the riffs are pretty cool but either your pm-ing too hard or your EQs are messed up because your low end sounds kinda weird but thats all ive gotta say either way, pretty good

yea i got my Bass at 10 (max) middle at 7 and treble at 10
Quote by ch715dallat
the riff sounded pretty generic, but not horrible, itd sound better with a better guitar and amp, and if you practiced a lil more, but not bad.