I think the title is self-explanatory. Anyone care to help? Easy songs, please. |:
red rain and death letter and little bird and seven nation army and a boy's best friend and i fought pirhanas by the white stripes

In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Quote by abwell
red rain and death letter and little bird and seven nation army and a boy's best friend and i fought pirhanas by the white stripes

And Suzy Lee
HaHaHaHa!
There slide in a METALLICA song?? Oh god, the world's ending. Anyway, good tunes to start with are Scar Tissue by RHCP and Freebird. Once you get a bit more comfortable with it you could move on to some Allmans stuff (Statesboro Blues is a good one). Oh, and be sure to listen to Derek Trucks, and prepare to be inspired.
There's not a slide in Master of Puppets! Is there!?
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by ponnightingale
There's not a slide in Master of Puppets! Is there!?

Seems unlikely, but i can't even remember which Metallica song that is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...
Quote by Gibson Phoney
Muse - Invincible

That's just the intro.

BTW, before anyone sugests, I know Judith from APC has a slide.
Robert Johnson for the win here.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird.

Oh yeah, Beck - Loser.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
A whole damn lot of Rory Gallagher stuff.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If you don't know what Master of Puppets is, you're way out of line with the metal genre. (Sorry, but it was named second best metal song up to date for crying out loud).

But, to contribute to the thread, Led Zeppelin's "What is and What Should Never Be" has a slide solo in it.
There is no slide in MoP. There is slide in Ain't My Bitch, but that song blows.
Quote by ultimaguitarist
If you don't know what Master of Puppets is, you're way out of line with the metal genre. (Sorry, but it was named second best metal song up to date for crying out loud).

I don't recall claiming to be IN line with the metal genre - I've never listened to metal music in my life.

Some Traveling Wilburys songs are also good for easy slide. And maybe some Joe Walsh.
Statesboro Blues by the Allman Brothers Band
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
jungle love - steve miller band (i swear thats a slide!)
Almost all songs by joe walsh have a slide in them at some point, especially lifes been good, and in concert he plays rocky mountain way with slide (not sure about album versions, i dont have it on this computer)