Hey everyone.

I'm thinking about building my own jazz bass from this website : www.wdmusic.co.uk

These are the parts i'm hoping to get

Body

I'm gonna leave it natural without a paint job,

Neck

And

This Electronics kit

would that be a good idea??

thanks
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
If you want to make your own guitar, then yes its a good idea (I'll be making my own guitar later this year), however if your looking to save money then its not really a very good idea.
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
i was planning on doing that once, with the same website. it all depends on if you like the hardware and pickups.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Ippon
I'm not sure if that's a good deal since I'm not familiar with UK prices. £475 = US $933 and that's MIA Fender territory. Should be a fun project though. Got a color or design in mind?

yeah but to me it would be like $475 if you catch my drift

Help me to live.

Even if you choose to leave it natural you still have to do some laquering and such. I know warmoth will do international orders if you look around so yeah. Make sure to make it individual or else there won't be much point to it at all. Though you'll feel like it's a friend rather than a bass when completed.
im building a j bass to but im just ordering a neck and building a body, i think ill probably get a neck from warmoth cus thats whats been recommended to me by a proffessional guitar builder
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by musiclover2399
Even if you choose to leave it natural you still have to do some laquering and such. I know warmoth will do international orders if you look around so yeah. Make sure to make it individual or else there won't be much point to it at all. Though you'll feel like it's a friend rather than a bass when completed.

One of my friends is getting me some clear laquer from his workplace, may i ask how i apply it to the body? and what else i have to do to it

Help me to live.