Hey guys, I need to start recording good quality stuff for a-level music compositions. At the moment I just used audacity and lined out my amp into my mic socket.

So I'm wondering where the best place to go next is. I was thinking of getting a Shure MS57 and plugging that in to my PC and just use audacity again. Then I was wondering about getting one of the Behringer UB mixers to add in.

OR should I get one of those multiple track recorders with built in CD writers. If so how would you set it up?

Thanks for suggestions
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
check out line 6 guitarport...i also use a tascam dp01fx which is a multitrack recorder, but it has a USB out to export masters after you finish them. I get much better tone using guitarport though...
If you want something portable, you can get a 4-track portastudio for less than £100. Because you might want to record in your school or record drums which you probably won't be able to get near a computer.