Just a quick question. I am looking to buy a portable amp for my dorm and have almost settled on the Fender Fontman 15R. Can anyone compare this to the previous Bullet version? I want to spend the least amount of $ as possible but if the Frontman is a big improvement, I will shell out for this one instead. Thanks!
I own a cube 30X and its a cheap nice amp that u can take to practie sessions and have it with u wherever you go... so you could take a look at that...for its price and wattage, it has awesome sound
the frontman is not great. it kinda sucks. look into a roland microcube. super small, you can carry it around. its louder than you'll ever need, and it has loads of different features like effects and amp modelling (which is decent quality)
plus it costs little.
Roland microcube makes the perfect practice amp. Plenty loud for one man shows, and its battery powered, goes anywhere, and the batts last pretty long. Great amp, I loved mine up untill the speaker blew... I'm saving up to buy a new one though.
Look into the Vox DA5. I got the Microcube but I'm thinking of taking it back and getting a Vox. Almost the same in price. The Vox is selectable .5/1.5/5W. Runs on batteries (C's not AA's though) and has 11 different model settings as opposed to 6 or 7.
Quote by Moonglow
Look into the Vox DA5. I got the Microcube but I'm thinking of taking it back and getting a Vox. Almost the same in price. The Vox is selectable .5/1.5/5W. Runs on batteries (C's not AA's though) and has 11 different model settings as opposed to 6 or 7.

Is the DA5 tube? If not why would the selectability matter?