I'm trying to get my 3 finger playing down(as in using 3 instead of 2 for my plucking) and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or excersizes that would help.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
practice scales and stuff with a metronomeand gradually speed it up? thats all i can think of.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
triplets... that's what 3 fingers are generally used for anyways
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
you should also definitely learning some iron maiden songs. steve harris is known for his three finger playing gallop style
yea i can play the trooper and aces high and they both sound good but i just feel like i'm not really getting it yet, i guess i might just not be comfortable with it yet as ive played 2 fingers for the whole time of been playing
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Crate BT-50
Quote by MaidenRules666
yea i can play the trooper and aces high and they both sound good but i just feel like i'm not really getting it yet, i guess i might just not be comfortable with it yet as ive played 2 fingers for the whole time of been playing

Steve Harris plays with 2 fingers. He said so in the november issue of BassPlayer.

EDIT:
Oops! Wrong quote.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
But ive seen live videos where he is using three?

You're going to have to show me one. Maybe his ring finger sort of moves with his middle, but he doesn't actually use it. I know my pinky moves with my ring finger now that I use 3 fingers.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I if you show me a video where he uses 3 fingers I will track you down and give you $5.
He frequently writes bass lines with a 'gallop', a pattern consisting of three rapid notes – one eighth and two sixteenths – which he plays with two fingers.

I'm assuming his ring finger moves with his middle finger and it looks like he's using it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
I'm assuming his ring finger moves with his middle finger and it looks like he's using it.

I cant be bothered looking tbh.
It was at a mates house on dvd. It might just be that his ring finger moves with his middle so i will proudly stand corected...

I if you show me a video where he uses 3 fingers I will track you down and give you $5.

I live in the uk so what am i gona do with $5
Quote by 6stringbasshred
I live in the uk so what am i gona do with $5

I think we can all agree that Harris is the man though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Quote by 6stringbasshred
Agreed.
I love the way maiden have 3 guitarists and they all have strats too!

It is pretty cool, and Steve uses P Basses, so just about everything matches. It must be hard having three seperate melody lines and a bass line, and then coordinating it all in a live situation. They have some real talent.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

yea steve uses 2 fingers but those gallops are a good excersize, thx tom for mentioning triads those help a lot cus they are making my ring finger be independent
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Crate BT-50