Honestly I dont understand some of you people.
You bash bands lyrics, stage show, outfits, and make up, relentlessly.
Man I understand some stuff is infact cheesy, (manowar and there loin cloths lol)
but like man stage back drops and props are their for entertainment.
There is more to going to a show to hear the music, you can listen to music at your house or in your car all you want. You go there to be entertained and enjoy what the band has to offer. So next time before you get your cheesy bashing ready take a look around and take in the atmosphere the band is trying to create with thier costumes and stage props and all that other jazz that they buy to make thier shows better.

Also there is only one true cheesy band and the names Gwar

^^^^ Does not mean i like gwar (lol ew)
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Last edited by Sheepbane at Mar 25, 2007,
Gwar isn't cheesy, I'm not a fan of their music, but they mutilated a likeness of paris hilton on stage... I'f that's not the definition of bad ass I don't know what is, maybe a gimick but still bad ass.
Hmm, when I read between the original post's lines I get:

Quote by Sheepbane
STOP bashing my FAVOURITE POWER METAL BANDS!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
What I don't like about Gwar is that their music sucks, it's not the costumes. The costumes are pretty sweet but if they spent less time dealing with their stage get-ups and more time on the actual music I'm sure they'd be more enjoyable.
Power metal is sweet though, who wouldn't love some dragon slaying knights in actual armour? You'd have to be crazy not to.
Nobody is complaining about the presence of stage props, just the amount (or manner) of them.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
What are you talking about?

Have you ever read these forums?

I don't recall anyone really making fun of cheesy shit (well, in large numbers).
I think he probably read Plus_the_Bear's comment on Dragonforce or something.

Whatever, UG metalheads are more open-minded than most UGers will give them credit for. They're not automatically going to ridicule anything that isn't tr00.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Whatever, UG metalheads are more open-minded than most UGers will give them credit for.

You sure you've been here for 2 years?
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
overall, im not a huge fan of Gwar, but they do have the occasional really really good song...

...Manowar ruuuulllleeeessss
Quote by Spynal

I think it has changed a bit over time...

Partly because of this new UG policy and partly because of the departure of *ahem* "certain" members...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Spynal

Why did I leave out the 'most'?

And yeah, quite a few of the old guard left....
I don't think it can ever be too cheesy in terms of fantasy, I love complicated vocalbulary and vivid storytelling, hence my recent Opeth obsession .

Violence and death, however, can suck my balls, unless it's in a Tolkien-esque setting.
Dickless.
Quote by Spynal

2? If he joined in 03...and it's 07...somebody's math is wrong.

Anyways, this thread is so gay, it might be a Gwar concert. :P:

Kidding, but this thread sucks. Shut up.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
^^, what are you talking about? 2007-2005=2, in my world at least.

I have yet to dislike a band because of cheesiness anyways. Even if its silly, I would rather enjoy then not enjoy cheesy music.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
I think it has changed a bit over time...

Partly because of this new UG policy and partly because of the departure of *ahem* "certain" members...

Haha, I remember the time where all the metal forum was was flamming (Hypocrisy, Spynal...).

As for this thread, ....who cares if people think a band you like is cheesy? you losin' any sleep there?
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Cheesiness is what makes metal awesome!! Just look at Dream Evil. Their lyrics are about how awesome and badass Metal is and it's some of the best shit I've ever heard! It's all about having fun and I think the cheesiness helps bring it out.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
Quote by shadows666
Cheesiness is what makes metal awesome!! Just look at Dream Evil. Their lyrics are about how awesome and badass Metal is and it's some of the best shit I've ever heard! It's all about having fun and I think the cheesiness helps bring it out.

cheesiness is what makes metal awesome makes it sound as if metal would be nothing without it which i disagree with but i definitely still love the cheese