I have this classical guitar that belonged to my father and he brought it from poland a long time ago. I think it's a custom one. Anyway, the truss rod is broekn, the neck is warping and the action has become so high I cant play it. It obviuosly needs a new neck. Anyone know how much this will cost and if its better just to get a new one?
It will be expensive. You probably don't want a new neck but you will want to have the fretboard taken off, get a new truss rod in their, and get the neck straightend. If the guitar is a good one then your cheapest option is to fix it. If it's not a good one, then it'll be cheaper to get a new one. Take it to a luthier and see what they think you should do.
Not taking any online orders.
It depends on the guitar and where you live. You will have to take it to a luthier to find out for sure, but they should be able to give you a free quote.
I think you should just toss it and buy another one. The guitar usualy isn't the same - and unless it was hand made etc, its just not worth the expense of fixing.
Quote by tortex199
I have this classical guitar that belonged to my father and he brought it from poland a long time ago. I think it's a custom one. Anyway, the truss rod is broekn, the neck is warping and the action has become so high I cant play it. It obviuosly needs a new neck. Anyone know how much this will cost and if its better just to get a new one?

Classical guitars usually don't have truss rods (which is good, because those cost a LOT!)

Get it to a luthier, he/she can tell you if fixing it is worth the money.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
are you sure those cracks co all the way into the wood? If they do then I guess that explains how the truss rod broke.

If a luthier is taking off the freboard to replace a trussrod then fixing the neck shouldn't add much in the way of cost. All in the fix should still only cost $200 to $400. When you figure new hand made classical guitars cost more than $2,000 it is well worth the money.

Take the guitar to a luthier. They will be able to tell you exactly how much it's going to cost, and they will also tell you if it's worth doing. Luthiers don't like to do expensive repairs on crap guitars so if it's not worth doing I'm sure he will let you know.
Is that a Defil?

If so, then they have really shite truss rods. It had to happen. I have repaired countless defils, most of them had trussrod problems.

On the other hand... defils were made of plywood and OSB, but no real wood at all... and this looks like wood. Could be a custom... In this case, go to a luthier.

Oh, and BTW, Polish guitars from the 70's and 80's tend to be a different thing than you expect: say, I have seen quite a few acoustics that looked like classics (headstock, body shape etc.), but upon closer examination, they revealed their true nature. This might just be an acoustic , not a classical guitar...

Sorry, got drifted away.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Lucky, lucky. This ain't a Defil.

I say it's custom made, from good materials, looks like. The luthier (Assuming it was made in Poland...) : either Langowsky, Mensfeld or Kamecki. I'd rather say it's Mensfeld, because the quality seems great. But Mensfeld always signed his guitars, so maybe one of his students...? Plus, I'm not sure if Mensfeld made classical guitars. Either way, It's a custom made classical guitar. And it deserves nylon strings, not those phosphore-bronzes I see on the picture. Metal strings may be the reason of all your problems. It seems to be in good shape, otherwise.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
nevermind
I asked my father, and its actually from GERMANY
made in 1987
nr 41150
thats all the info on it
And it had steel strings for most of its lifetime so thats probably the reason