Im thinking of getting a boss overdrive yellow 1 or an electroharmonix big muff.
Which ones better?
Neither are better - they sound pretty different. What kind of sound do you want?
Dude, they're expensive, but as far as I'm concerned, the Fulltone Bass Drive is the best distortion pedal, period. I really think the Big Muff kills lows (although not as bad as other guitar distortions) and the Boss Bass Overdrive IMO sounds buzzy as hell, as if there's static over your signal.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Get either the PD7 or Russian Muff. I personally prefer the PD7 because its cheaper and doesn't take away your low end like most guitar pedals do and it gives you the same sound as the Russian Muff except you can make it a little more crunchy sounding. Although you get better highs with the Russian Muff since it is a guitar pedal and not a bass pedal. Your choice.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Personally, I like the Gallien Krueger Diesel Dawg. It uses the same distortion circuit as their amps. I don't own the pedal itself, but I have one of their amps, and I LOVE it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I got a blowtorch overdrive pedal and its nice
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble