Page 1 of 2
Ok, so, my girlfriend or ex i should say, is a douche bag.. And I have been trying to find things to do with my time lately, mostly to take my mind off of the douche bag.. And I was thinking about maybe some Martial Arts. I used to take Tae-Kwon-Do, but I am looking for something new. Do you guys have any experience with any specific types or Martial Arts or maybe a preference? I'm looking for something that deals more with offensive fighting.
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs
There is no offensive fighting in Martial Arts.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Well I was looking at this Ju-Jitsu site and it was saying all this crap about the "Art of Defense".. I'm looking more for the "Art of HIYA I just kicked your ass".
And I know they don't teach offensive fighting in Martial Arts.. I just mean I want to do Jet Li crap.

How about Kung Fu, is that good?
Boxing, wrestling, juijitsu, tae kwon do,

The best combination.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Wing Chun
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

The guy in your avatar preferred judo... well he did use more styles in waynes world 2 though...

but there is always Brazilian jujitzu (sp?), or you could just learn some kung fu because it enables you to kick ass

or you could get a sword and learn hiten mitzurugi (SP?)....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
muay thai is good but id say ITF teakwon do is still the best
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by l2p_Guitar
Well I was looking at this Ju-Jitsu site and it was saying all this crap about the "Art of Defense".. I'm looking more for the "Art of HIYA I just kicked your ass".
And I know they don't teach offensive fighting in Martial Arts.. I just mean I want to do Jet Li crap.

How about Kung Fu, is that good?

You could take any martial art and apply it offensively, but the whole purpose of taking a martial art is to protect yourself and the people around you, not to randomly kick the shit out of whoever.

If you don't mind my asking, do you plan on fighting your ex?
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

I did Judo for a few years and i really enjoyed it but i tstopped for y exams and didn't get back into it. I tried Karate recently and thought it was rubbush. There are very few offensive martial arts most of them are about using your opponents speed, strength and weight against them selves. If you want offence i'd go for good old fashion boxing.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Hapkido, Judo, taekwondo, names the ones I practice. But I only hold a belt in taekwondo.
Mui thai kick boxing is quite aggresive, but you'll never find a "Art of HIYA I just kicked your ass". In any martial art...I'd say mui thai is the closest you'd get. Be prepared to be knocked out at least 3 times when you start.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
Took Kung Fu when I was younger. Somewhat useful, and the little things stick with you for a while. Also fun.
Ive been a kickboxer for years, fought nationally and internationally, even won, i love it, but its not for the faint of heart, ive done a lot of thai boxing too and its a similar deal really, although i dont agree with some of the more technical aspects or principles, i dont know, oh and ive fought taekwondo a couple of times, total garbage, sorry but its true, its a pretty, quaint dance exercise but Does Not Work. ive seen it time and time again.
Diezel, Motherfucker
Krav Maga is the closest thing to an "offensive" martial art that your'e gonna find. It was developed by the Israeli military for close combat situations.

Best martial art in general though, I'd say either Hsing-I, Tai Chi Ch'uan, Ninjutsu, or Hapkido.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
When you learn defencive martial arts, you can make people kick their own ass.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
If you want to do something that will turn you into a beast (b ut still based on defense), then Jeet Kun Do.

Bruce Lee used it. I would LOVE to be able to do that.

One Inch Punch ftw.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
ive fought taekwondo a couple of times, total garbage, sorry but its true, its a pretty, quaint dance exercise but Does Not Work. ive seen it time and time again.

was that wtf teakwon do
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Metal-X
If you don't mind my asking, do you plan on fighting your ex?

Haha, no. I am just looking for something to do to take up some of my spare time. And, I loved taking Tae-Kwon Do. It's just that the instructor I had for Tae-Kwon Do didn't teach us very well. I mean, he may have taught us well, but we never applied it. We never got to spar.
Quote by musicianamedave
Krav Maga is the closest thing to an "offensive" martial art that your'e gonna find. It was developed by the Israeli military for close combat situations.

Best martial art in general though, I'd say either Hsing-I, Tai Chi Ch'uan, Ninjutsu, or Hapkido.

Umm, krav maga its a defense art...
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Judo.....best combination....i do all 4 and love em. tae kwon do, karate, and kung fu are massively over rated, if you really want some "im going to kick your ass" kind of things, than find your local MMA (mixed martial arts) school.
Quote by Eggmond
was that wtf teakwon do

yeah actually, im being a bit unfair, i havent fought, is it itf taekwondo? so i cant say its totally useless, some of that seems pretty good
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by Eggmond
was that wtf teakwon do

What the Fvck tae kwon do??

Jk

Both itf and wtf tkd do those flying acrobatic stuff
Quote by Meths

Jeet Kun Do is one of the best martial arts in my opinion. I agree that just straight Taekwondo is crap in a real fight, but when practiced for the purpose of self-defense, and competition, as long as you know the difference between a real fight and a sparring match, taekwondo is effective, combined with Judo, you get "Hapkido" at least as it's practiced at my Dojang, Self-defence, combining the practical aspects of Judo and Taekwondo. Trust me, it's not just some load of crap fluffy martial art when used and practiced correctly.
Quote by SilentDeftone

Quote by HorridxHopes

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Haha, no. I am just looking for something to do to take up some of my spare time. And, I loved taking Tae-Kwon Do. It's just that the instructor I had for Tae-Kwon Do didn't teach us very well. I mean, he may have taught us well, but we never applied it. We never got to spar.

Oh, ok.

When I took Tae-Kwon Do, I had an excellent instructor. It was rough, but I learned a lot about the art of fighting.... and that getting kick square in the chest is not fun.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Capoeira is great too. I love watching it, but doubt I would ever be flexible enough for it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by gtr-dude'n'a1/2
Jeet Kun Do is one of the best martial arts in my opinion. I agree that just straight Taekwondo is crap in a real fight, but when practiced for the purpose of self-defense, and competition, as long as you know the difference between a real fight and a sparring match, taekwondo is effective, combined with Judo, you get "Hapkido" at least as it's practiced at my Dojang, Self-defence, combining the practical aspects of Judo and Taekwondo. Trust me, it's not just some load of crap fluffy martial art when used and practiced correctly.

Funny, Cause I watched this kid beat the crap out of a jeet kune do instructor, and this kid does tae kwon do.
Quote by Meths

Quote by preludetowar
Umm, krav maga its a defense art...

I know, that's why I didn't say that it was an offensive art, but that it's probably the closest you're gonna find.

And to the guy who said that Tae Kwon Do is crap, that's because either A) You're lying, or B) You fought somebody from a blackbelt factory. Actual Tae Kwon Do practitioners (from Korea) are pretty hardcore.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by preludetowar
Funny, Cause I watched this kid beat the crap out of a jeet kune do instructor, and this kids does tae kwon do.

Either way you slice it, I win in that situation. I do taekwondo, therefore yay, I chose the right one. If the jeet kun do instructor would have not gotten the tar beaten outta him, good for me too, I still hold jeet kun do in high esteem. When practiced 100% correctly, each martial art has its strenghths and weaknesses, I just believe, again when practiced correctly, jeet kun do does the best to counter each martial art, and balance all aspects correctly.
Quote by SilentDeftone

Quote by HorridxHopes

A). im not lying, and B). you are right, it wasnt korea. it was in southern thailand full contact international.
Diezel, Motherfucker
yeah actually, im being a bit unfair, i havent fought, is it itf taekwondo? so i cant say its totally useless, some of that seems pretty good

wtf is crap.itf is the traditional style as developed by choi hong hi and focuses on efectivness rather than showing off like wtf.you use your hands a lot more and dont do as much jumping in itf.the patterns are different in wtf and some instucters dont even teach them as wtf is mainly a sport rather than an art.theres a big difference in the two styles considering that tkd was only founded in 1955.the itf was founded by choi hong hi whereas the wtf was founded against his wishes
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

In all fairness, if you're looking to start an 'offensive' Martial Art you shouldn't be anywhere near a Dojo.

Muay Thai is crap, did that once and the stances and stuff were just daft. Boxing/Kickboxing is great if you don't want to put in the effort of learning technique and don't mind losing all your brain cells by the time your 30.

Tae Kwon Do, looks great, but it's all style, no substance.

I myself, have a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. Took me a little over 3 years to get there, but if you put in the time and effort to train it's worth it. I did it for about 6 years, before I got into Music in a big way and kind of stopped training regularly. Having said that it's surprising how much it sticks with you. Because all the power comes from the technique and the stance, it's great for anyone. Something like Boxing, unless your built like wall you're going to struggle. Karate was great for me because of this (I'm tall and very thin :P).

I would reccomend Karate, or Kung Fu. At the end of the day a Martial Art is all about discipline and preparing you for a situation you don't really want to be in. Boxing is more of a sport than an art.

Hope I helped
Rock On!
Quote by musicianamedave
I know, that's why I didn't say that it was an offensive art, but that it's probably the closest you're gonna find.

And to the guy who said that Tae Kwon Do is crap, that's because either A) You're lying, or B) You fought somebody from a blackbelt factory. Actual Tae Kwon Do practitioners (from Korea) are pretty hardcore.

Good point

And stop with the TKD bashing guys, TKD is very useful and if you think otherwise, either you had a shitty teacher or you suck at fighting.

Quote by RockDragon
In all fairness, if you're looking to start an 'offensive' Martial Art you shouldn't be anywhere near a Dojo.

Muay Thai is crap, did that once and the stances and stuff were just daft. Boxing/Kickboxing is great if you don't want to put in the effort of learning technique and don't mind losing all your brain cells by the time your 30.

Tae Kwon Do, looks great, but it's all style, no substance.

I myself, have a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. Took me a little over 3 years to get there, but if you put in the time and effort to train it's worth it. I did it for about 6 years, before I got into Music in a big way and kind of stopped training regularly. Having said that it's surprising how much it sticks with you. Because all the power comes from the technique and the stance, it's great for anyone. Something like Boxing, unless your built like wall you're going to struggle. Karate was great for me because of this (I'm tall and very thin :P).

I would reccomend Karate, or Kung Fu. At the end of the day a Martial Art is all about discipline and preparing you for a situation you don't really want to be in. Boxing is more of a sport than an art.

Hope I helped

haha

Wrong, I would take boxing any day over karate.

Karate has great points to it, but when they fight they just ts kind of hard to watch cause you wstand there and throw everything they got, want them to move.
Quote by Meths

Last edited by preludetowar at Mar 25, 2007,
Quote by preludetowar
Good point

And stop with the TKD bashing guys, TKD is very useful and if you think otherwise, either you had a shitty teacher or you suck at fighting.

No bashing here, I hold a black belt in Taekwondo, Mudokwan Taekwondo, all empty hand practical self-defense. But thats self-defense, theres a whole nother course of teaching that goes along with the sport aspect of taekwondo. Our school practices like we're ITF, but we enter WTF competitions and tourneys. We win alot over the "all flash and no substance" WTF fighters. But thats competition...
Quote by SilentDeftone

Quote by HorridxHopes

Quote by preludetowar
Good point

haha

Wrong, I would take boxing any day over karate.

Karate has great points to it, but when they fight they just ts kind of hard to watch cause you wstand there and throw everything they got, want them to move.

what the Fuck were you trying to say there?
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Actually, if you want a complete empy-hand martial art style, Taijutsu (the empty-hand style of Ninjutsu) is pretty fantastic. I've got a friend who's been taking it for damn near 20 years, and he's amazing.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by PlayTheMetal
what the Fuck were you trying to say there?

haha sorry

When karate players fight, they just stand there and fight, they dont move or anything.
Quote by Meths

hehe, gotchya
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Page 1 of 2