Poll: Do you think the punishment is fair or too harsh?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think the punishment is fair or too harsh?
I think it is too harsh and unfair...its only a messy bedrooom at the end of the day
52 78%
I think that the punishment is fair, she shouldnt mess her room up.
15 22%
Voters: 67.
OK, so my GF and me havnt properly seen each other for about 2 weeks on the run now (except in school...but that hardly counts for anything) and we had arranged to go out today, nowhere special, just out so we could spend time together. So, as planned, i phone her thismorning to arrange the time at which we are to meet each other, but when i phone she says that she cannot come out at all today because she has been grounded by her mum because her bedroom is messy. It isnt even a case of her mum saying ''no you cant go out now because your room is a tip, but when you tidy it you can go out''...which is what my mum does, and thats fair enough, but my GF has been not aloud out at all, she isnt even aloud on the computer to talk to people on msn...just because her room is messy.

Now i personally think that this is harsh because at the end of the day it only her bedroom being messy, it isnt like she has done something major or bad that deserves punishment, but yet she has been grounded and banned from using her computer. Needless to say i have been very pissed off most of the day.

Do you think this is too harsh or whatever, or do you think that im being stupid and that she deserves to get grounded etc. for it?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Maybe she did something major bad and just hasn't told you, lol. However if that isn't the case no it's not too harsh the youth of today need more discipline!

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
I'd say its too harsh, but her mom obviously has a different view of effective parenting than I do.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
And you don't think she's simply saying that to get out of seeing you?

Please, us females are nasty liars.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
maybe its just an excuse?? i mean who grounds people 4 messy rooms???

i'd be suspicious!
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

nope 'cause it has happened before and her mum has backed the story up

+ my GF can't lie for shit lol she is really bad at it
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
its an excuse...shes seeing other guys
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by garden of grey
Kill her mom.

You try way too hard, mate.

You're not funny either.
Terms and Conditions apply.
go over there and clean her room!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Hm... depends on the situation. If it's exactly as you say, it sounds a little harsh, however you never know.. she could have been doing other things that have been disrespectful as well, or they could have been asking her to do this for a week or more. Who knows?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by rockdude375
nope 'cause it has happened before and her mum has backed the story up

+ my GF can't lie for shit lol she is really bad at it

Lol, I've had my mom lie for me before and pretend I'm grounded to get out of seeing people, so don't be so sure

But you know your girlfriend better than I do. Cough.
I'd say it's an overly harsh punishment. But then again, what do I know?

-Matthew Arnold

Yeah It's totally an excuse not to see you...

If she wanted to see you she wouldve spoken to you in school and arranged to hang out or whatever. However, if she is telling the truth... her mum's being a tad out of order. God if that was my mum and she saw my room I think I'd be grounded for like years :s:
~*~ Laura ~*~

Inocent until proven guilty

ClickySpace
i read that as she don't want to see you. who gets grounded for their room bein untidy? gutted
I think there's more to the story than she tells you. She probably thinks you're lame in bed and doesn't know how to say it so she's avoiding you. She probably got her mom to back her up on the story too.
Females are nasty in general. It's been proven that women, for the most part, have a much much lower sex drive than men, making them sexually incompatable. Just find yourself a feminine boy, and pound his hole.

Onto the harshness, it's not that harsh. The punishment is up to her mother, and her mother seems like a neat freak. It's the girl's fault for getting grounded.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yeah, the punishment is perhaps a bit overdramatic but I can see where her mum's coming from...in a way.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Will_Minus
Females are nasty in general. It's been proven that women, for the most part, have a much much lower sex drive than men, making them sexually incompatable.

Judging from my experience, that is not true. Women are equally as sexually inclined.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

In the unlikely event that she's telling the truth, she should just clean her room...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by cagnius
Judging from my experience, that is not true. Women are equally as sexually inclined.

You've had experience with women?

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy

Do I count as a woman? I was dressed like one.

For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Dinkydaisy

I knew it!!
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Doesn't seem overly harsh to me.

And besides why doesn't she just clean the room? Shouldn't take her that long.
Why are you telling us this?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Dinkydaisy

As hard as it is to believe, yes....
'cause im bored....you posted in here didnt you? so your as bad as me hehe
Quote by cagnius
As hard as it is to believe, yes....

Trust me Caggy...

It's not hard to believe at all.

-Matthew Arnold

I think your girlfriend is trying to let you know that she doesn't want to be with you anymore but she is too nice to just say it. She cares for you and may tell you she loves you but....just not "in" love with you.

I happens sometimes no matter how much you don't want it to.
Woah. My ex girlfriends mom was EXACTLY like that. I think she just didnt want us being together so she made up terrible excuses and lies. Aha one time when she wasnt aloud out because her room was messy i snuck over and we boned while she was "cleaning"
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by deadmansdiary
Woah. My ex girlfriends mom was EXACTLY like that. I think she just didnt want us being together so she made up terrible excuses and lies. Aha one time when she wasnt aloud out because her room was messy i snuck over and we boned while she was "cleaning"

yeah i dont think her parents like me being her boyfriend cos im nearly 16 and she is nearly 14...they think that all i want from her is sex .....and i would have gone round but her mum wouldnt allow that either
Christ it'll take 15 minutes at most to clean up.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by rockdude375
yeah i dont think her parents like me being her boyfriend cos im nearly 16 and she is nearly 14...they think that all i want from her is sex .....and i would have gone round but her mum wouldnt allow that either

yea mine was my age (17) but i was her first boyfriend. Her mom was fricken crazy for the first 2 months she wouldnt even leave us alone together and i'd always have to take her home by 9 or 10. Then once they found out we were having sex they spazzed out and even once they knew they wouldnt let her go on the pill. Her mom was actually the reason i broke up with her.... i couldnt stand the ****ing bullshit anymore, although me and the girl are still on really good terms.

aha her mom hated me so much though because im a grungy metal kid with hair half way down my back and she was a strait A preppy girl. **** do i ever love the good girls.....
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by Open fire
maybe its just an excuse?? i mean who grounds people 4 messy rooms???

i'd be suspicious!

When i was younger and my room was messy my dad would trash the room up and say: "Start again". I'd stand there, gwarping at this bombshell of a room that had only been mildly tidier earlier...
Quote by Dinkydaisy

She's sadly telling the truth but I believe you threadstarter and think it's bull.