Page 4 of 8
Originally posted by arienette
Okay, here's a (very bad) mix of the piano with the rest of the backing track. It goes a little bit out of sync near the end, and some of the levels are slightly messed up, but it should give you a rough idea...

Right Click, etc, etc.

.......wow.

that was awesome! definitely adds a lot to the song

i wish id have stuck to piano

oh well...that was great!
Originally posted by ohdarn323
agh...i cant even hear the stupid violin synths, i dunno what im listening for...my ear is so bad

*goes to listen for the violins*

Go back to the first post, if you've deleted BT2.MP3. Download the first (in reality the second take) track without anyone else thrown in the mix. You'll clearly hear the synth (yes I played it on a keyboard) violins in the intro... with the 12 string.

Its simple really... the notes are G, D, C, B, C and back to G.

Here's a pic of the violin's notes I just wrote for you.
Attachments:
image3.jpg
Originally posted by Bill43
Go back to the first post, if you've deleted BT2.MP3. Download the first (in reality the second take) track without anyone else thrown in the mix. You'll clearly hear the synth (yes I played it on a keyboard) violins in the intro... with the 12 string.

Its simple really... the notes are G, D, C, B, C and back to G.

Here's a pic of the violin's notes I just wrote for you.

...sigh...

i swear im stupid or something. the backround stuff during the intro?

i might be confused because i know of a song that has those exact same notes, so i get mixed up playing them...

could you possibly upload just the violins?

edit: i have to go to work now, ill be back here probably at 8:30 eastern time..so, later
Last edited by ohdarn323 at Sep 17, 2003,
could you possibly upload just the violins?

All anyone has to do is ask.. and I'll get it to you!

He got them so... Dead Link

There you go... the synth violins all by themselves. There's a few extra measures that I put in it for mixing purposes. In the "backing track", there's only 4 measures of the violins in there and the same... fading out at the end.

*edit* as always, if you happen to need this portion, just ask.
Last edited by Bill43 at Sep 17, 2003,
Okay. I downloaded arienette's piano over the backing, and I found one possible way of fitting the lyrics in:

Intro
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 1st verse
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 2nd verse
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 3rd verse
Outro.

We will only have 3 verses. How sad...

Anyone else got a better suggestion for fitting the lyrics in?

All anyone has to do is ask.. and I'll get it to you!

CLICK THIS.

There you go... the synth violins all by themselves. There's a few extra measures that I put in it for mixing purposes. In the "backing track", there's only 4 measures of the violins in there and the same... fading out at the end.

okay, ill see if i can write anything to that melody...check out timetravelers lyrics, see if y'like those, im off to work!
check out timetravelers lyrics, see if y'like those, im off to work!

yeah. I don't honestly think they're gonna be very sucuessful. Give me another subject and I'll try again. Or alternatively, get someone else to edit these ones to make them half-decent or better.

or both...
Originally posted by timetraveller02
Okay. I downloaded arienette's piano over the backing, and I found one possible way of fitting the lyrics in:

Intro
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 1st verse
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 2nd verse
4 g d am c's
4 g d am c's - 3rd verse
Outro.

We will only have 3 verses. How sad...

Anyone else got a better suggestion for fitting the lyrics in?

In my mind's eye (and maybe ear) I pictured arienette's piano as complimentary to the verse/lyric portions... with solos and fillers going in where she had left the piano quiet...

To use your example...

Intro
4 g d am c's - 1st verse
4 g based arpeggio - solos and fillers
4 g d am c's - 2nd verse
4 g based arpeggio - more solos and fillers
4 g d am c's - 3rd verse
4 g based arpeggio - arienette added some nice rolling piano here, so I think we couuld mix vocals, solos and fillers... and probably get away with it.
4 g d am c's - 4th or 5th verse... totally dependent on what everyone thinks of the last arpeggio with the piano in it.
Outro.

Intro
4 g d am c's - 1st verse
4 g based arpeggio - solos and fillers
4 g d am c's - 2nd verse
4 g based arpeggio - more solos and fillers
4 g d am c's - 3rd verse
4 g based arpeggio - arienette added some nice rolling piano here, so I think we couuld mix vocals, solos and fillers... and probably get away with it.
4 g d am c's - 4th or 5th verse... totally dependent on what everyone thinks of the last arpeggio with the piano in it.
Outro.

Yeah, I re-listened to the song, and I think that's by far the better option. The piano will add some major stuff to it

Assuming my solo was part of say the 2nd solo and filter thing.

With that exception, I would leave the rest of the song, and play the progression during the lyrics bit.

Then, that should work, provided we have some nice drums and bass, and some more guitar, including lead and rhythm.

I'm gonna try to re-write my solo, as it's incredibly simplistic (like alluv my solos), and I get back with it, say tomorrow.
Okay...

Seeing as we haven't got anyone wanting to even try drums, I've done a very crappy job of adding a drum track to the whole song. Its just to give everyone an idea what they could sound like.... anyone have an opinion on the drums?

There's one spot that really throws the whole thing off and that's where I panned Turin's lead from the left channel to the right channel. For the most part... its fairly on the beats.

A small portion of arienette's piano is in there... I need more time to mix it all in, but it will eventually make it in the mix... in its entirety.

BTW arienette... nice work... I love it! adds a nice bit of depth to the song.

Raindog's intro, Silenced lead and Turin's lead are all still in this mix. I just need to move a few things on Turin's track and all will be good again. I already know about that, its just that time is somewhat limited for me at this moment. It will be fixed and soon, so you don't have to remind me of that badly timed pan.

Okay... so its off in a few other places too, but it will all be fixed soon enough.

BTW, I've come down with a nasty cold... I think I caught something from arienette j/k but I do have this blasted cold and I feel like crap.

Enough explaining Bill... give me the doggone track!

Okay...

Another Dead Link
for the latest mix.

*edit* That's weird. The wav file is far superior to the MP3.. by a mile. Maybe a higher kbps would work out the kinks? Anyone have any trouble with 48000/320kbps? I really haven't a clue as to why there seems to be so much lost in the MP3... maybe I should listen to the one I made on my computer... Maybe the one I did as a test download got hit????

*edit #2* It seems the conversion to MP3 got a little tick in it... I'll redo it, but until then... use this one. The upload must have been a bit crappy too, because my MP3 isn't as poor as the one I downloaded. Go figure?
Last edited by Bill43 at Feb 28, 2004,
done
Originally posted by dmal
Sound is the only real thing that matters.
taking dmal out of context... but i like the quote...
download my songs...
I'm just loading the track with drums now, but from all the comments, I'm anticipating it's gonna be one hell of a blast.

I'll even write a spoof-kerrang style review for it!
Review for ''Drums - UGers'' - KKKKK

The three-and-a-half minute track opens with a light and airy pad style intro, which fades into a medieval style (arpeggio?)progression with some pretty slick bad-ass lead guitar played over it.

After a few bars, a short drum fill starts of the first verse - a hard rock four-chord progression with some more varied lead guitar over the top.

After the progression has played over four times it subtly changes into a mixed section comprimising both lead and rhythm.

Sixty-four beats later, the verse replays, this time with just the rhythm guitar. The althernate section and verse take it in turns to play their respective bars, until the outro plays in. It is the backing of the into, creating a calm and suitable way to end the song.

You like? Proably not very accurate...
hey this is very cool but am i right that my instinct or feeling tells me its been slowed down with like 5 bpm..or seomthing
Originally posted by turinbrakes
hey this is very cool but am i right that my instinct or feeling tells me its been slowed down with like 5 bpm..or seomthing

Maybe the drum track is throwing you off. I had to double the tempo of the drum track to 170BPM and then stretch the wav files (for the drums only) to 8 beats per measure. That way the fills would fit in a sinlge measure when played at 85BPM. The original wav for the song has not been changed at all... at least not for tempo. I did end up moving your lead to another portion of the original.... after placing arienette's piano in the mix. The instumental version is very close to completion. I only need one more "wailing" lead for a fill on one of the arpeggios.

With that in mind... all we need are vocals. That seems to be the only thing left... besides one more lead riff.

FWIW, I've got arienette's piano rolls palced very well. I've been whistling them all day.

I'll be linking to the "latest" mix very soon. I just have a few minor adjustments to make to it.
Hi Bill,

Just to let you, and everyone else, that I've recorded some lead for the track. Was gonna post it but thought I'd best go through you first. Want me to send you the .wav's via e-mail first?

Hope you like it, I'm a bit wasted so hopefully I'll still like it 2mo!!! Was inspired when I heard the drums on the track and couldn't resist picking up my guitar!!!

Originally posted by yngwiemalmsteen
Hi Bill,

Just to let you, and everyone else, that I've recorded some lead for the track. Was gonna post it but thought I'd best go through you first. Want me to send you the .wav's via e-mail first?

Hope you like it, I'm a bit wasted so hopefully I'll still like it 2mo!!! Was inspired when I heard the drums on the track and couldn't resist picking up my guitar!!!

If you can host the wav, I can get it in a matter of minutes.

Regardless, go ahead and post a link. I would love to get 1 more lead in this... (maybe more?)

Thanks!
Files are on their way!!!

Dunno if you'll get them or not, I think my capacity is anything as mates have sent loads by it and they have the same service as me so fingers crossed!!! If not, I'll make time to upload them somewhere tomorrow. I need sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Originally posted by Dromar
i understand ur busy and all, but have ye forgotten me?

No Bananna Man. not at all. I have almost finished the final instrumental version... All that is left is mixing in your bass and 1 more lead. Yngwiemalmsteen sent me a wav file, which I think he said was 30megs or more and my Email server said it contained a virus and wouldn't let his file come through. Damn it all! I got his Email without any attachments... no wav file. Stupid Email crap! I'm somewhat PO'ed about that. I could've opened the wav and let Norton "rip the virus right out of it, but no... my ISP just dumps the file for me.

Anyway....
I just got an account at dmusic, and as I was "jumping through their hoops" (filling out the forms, etc.) I got to the upload portion. I thought.. "Hey... more hosting space.. YAY". Well, after the upload.. I was supposed to go on to what would have been step # 5 in the sign on procedure and I got a 404 error code (Page not found) on that part. So I hit refresh and I get a screen that says someone is already using my name...Yes.. you stupid computer.... I am using the name! So I hit a "try again" button and it takes me back to the part where I do the name... short name, music genre and a tiny 100x100 pic. I thought "Okay.. I'll try it again."

Wrong! (I which I could insert that loser buzzing sound from a game show here)I got the "someone is already using that name" crap again.

Well, I was very frustrated and ripped of an Email to them with screen pics of what I was being shown. Now, I suppose that I need to wait for a reply.

What a fricked up night. On top of all of this other crap... I have this nasty cold and I feel like crap.
Originally posted by yngwiemalmsteen
Files are on their way!!!

Dunno if you'll get them or not, I think my capacity is anything as mates have sent loads by it and they have the same service as me so fingers crossed!!! If not, I'll make time to upload them somewhere tomorrow. I need sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

holy sh*t, I cant wait to hear it once this guy gets a hold of it. This has become a masterpiece, and though I have not made any contributions on it myslef, I have been watching its progress and maturation. I commend you all on coming together to create something this unique.
-varay
Originally posted by stonesnsurf5
I'd want a band that has no famous people, there's already enough of them. Plus a black guy there are not enough black guys in rock today. It's be one hell of an obscure band too from like Idaho or someplace like that. Real emo.
I just got an account at dmusic, and as I was "jumping through their hoops" (filling out the forms, etc.) I got to the upload portion. I thought.. "Hey... more hosting space.. YAY". Well, after the upload.. I was supposed to go on to what would have been step # 5 in the sign on procedure and I got a 404 error code (Page not found) on that part. So I hit refresh and I get a screen that says someone is already using my name...Yes.. you stupid computer.... I am using the name! So I hit a "try again" button and it takes me back to the part where I do the name... short name, music genre and a tiny 100x100 pic. I thought "Okay.. I'll try it again."

Wrong! (I which I could insert that loser buzzing sound from a game show here)I got the "someone is already using that name" crap again.

Well, I was very frustrated and ripped of an Email to them with screen pics of what I was being shown. Now, I suppose that I need to wait for a reply.

What a fricked up night. On top of all of this other crap... I have this nasty cold and I feel like crap.

Yeah... you have to be very patient with DMusic sometimes, it has all sorts of strange little quirks. But the Admin team are extremely helpful, I'm sure they'll sort out those problems for you very quickly.

It's a bugger about the cold - I empathise, having a cold sucks . Hope you get better soon.

It's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing...
Yeah... you have to be very patient with DMusic sometimes, it has all sorts of strange little quirks. But the Admin team are extremely helpful, I'm sure they'll sort out those problems for you very quickly.

I've finally got the account. There's only the newest MP3 on the site right now.

I'm not sure how to directly link... I think this will do it... Nope... Sorry, but you'll have to do this...

DEAD LINK

and it will take you to dmusic where you can d/l the latest mix. It has almost all of arienette's piano in it, although I do have to go back and fix a portion where I missed the mark when placing in one small portion of it. I've posted a few pics of some of my guitars there, but I'm sure the majority of everyone here has already seen the pics... except for the close up of one of the inlays on my Schecter. If you want to get a better view of it, just click the pick and it'll magnify it.

I've also moved Tim's lead riff to another spot... I think it works well there, plus I put a smooth left right pan on his riff. I hope you like where I moved it too.

I did some very minor alterations to the drum track... barely noticible to most, but I enjoyed the small changes.

If anyone has any complaints or wishes to change their portion (or the placement thereof) in the song... let me know. I'll be adding Dromar's bass next and hopefully we'll get something in from yngwiemalmsteen. I've Emailed him directly about the files... so we'll see what happens.

Silenced... I thought you were going to record another riff. No pressure, just let me know what you want to do. It can wait.

One more thing... You remember the "private party who wanted their own private version? Well they said we can use some of their amazing tones in it if we want. I'll throw some in there and if they come out okay, I'll post a link to them and let everyone know who the mystery artist is then... and that's if the mix meets with their approval only. (of course they said If I thought it sounded good to throw everyone a link to it)

When this is over and I mean all of it... I'll let everyone know who the band was... where the influence for the arpeggios came from. I hope it doesn't ruin it for you when you find out.

BTW arienette... can you PM me about how to directly link to the my files on dmusic without having to send people to another site? That would be sweet of you... Thanks in advance. FWIW, I tried following one of your links in another thread, but I'm somewhat unfamiliar with dmusic right now... and your link had some extra things thrown in the tag that didn't make much sense to me.

It's a bugger about the cold - I empathise, having a cold sucks . Hope you get better soon.

Thanks.... I've been eating Vitamin C and ZInc tabs like they were M&M's, so even though I feel bad, the nose and chest aren't too constricted. Its mostly just this annoying headache and the dizziness associated with a cold.

Oh, if any of the contibutors' want to, you're all more than welcome to take the song and use it as your very own on your site. If you want to give everyone else who's on it credit, then you can, if not... it doesn't matter to me. That's mostly directed to arienette, who (I hope) will put some of those awe inspiring vocal talents of her's in here, but that doesn't mean anyone else who's contributed can't take credit for this song and post it as their very own. Everyone of you have done a fantastic job and all of you should be very proud of your accomplishments.
Last edited by Bill43 at Oct 23, 2003,
Originally posted by turinbrakes
hey i like my new spot better bob, good job there

Thanks... I've just got to work out that one spot where I punched arienette's piano in...its the part right after your lead, if I remember correctly. Its slightly out of sync. It sounded right on the money before I threw the drum track in there.
Here's a portion of our mystery guitarist's riffs. I've included everything from the intro until right as Tim's riff ends. The portion you should be interested in is right after Silenced's riff and before Tim's.

DEAD LINK

Its on my personal site, so none of those slow dmusic d/l's. At least not for me... I'm curious.. What type of speed does everyone get from my site and what do you get from dmusic? For me... dmusic rarely ever gets above 60Kbps, where from my personal site, I get close to 1.5MBps. The advantage to dmusic is that I now have another 80 megs of available online storage... oh well.. semantics I suppose.

What I need for everyone is a truly honest and unbiased opinion of this type of tone being in the song. It doesn't matter one way or the other. This person already has their own personal mix.

FWIW, there may be a few of you who might know this person, but I doubt it... they're usually very quiet. I would, also appreciate it if whatever opinion I may have implied about this should not reflect on your personal opinion in any shape, manner or form. One more thing... the mystery person is not me.

To me, the tone of this guitar is very reminiscent of Dickey Betts in Jessica (Allman Brothers).

Please... only honest opinions.... even if they're indifferent or reeking of ambivalence. Its the only way this person has agreed to let this mix be "published", so I would ask you to please consider your unbiased opinion as a personal favor to me.

Thank You,
Bill43
Last edited by Bill43 at Oct 23, 2003,
Originally posted by Y_Do_YoU_CaRe?
holy sh*t, I cant wait to hear it once this guy gets a hold of it. This has become a masterpiece, and though I have not made any contributions on it myslef, I have been watching its progress and maturation. I commend you all on coming together to create something this unique.
-varay

From all of us... Thank You!

We appreciate and welcome any and all opinions and critque.

This is really a very unique experience for me. I've never done an online musical collaboration before this.

Its sort of hard to believe that this is turning out the way it is... from a really slow moving rhythm track into this in a matter of 10 days... so far. I think that's simply amazing myself. There's a wealth of supremely talented people on this site.
What I need for everyone is a truly honest and unbiased opinion of this type of tone being in the song. It doesn't matter one way or the other. This person already has their own personal mix.

FWIW, there may be a few of you who might know this person, but I doubt it... they're usually very quiet. I would, also appreciate it if whatever opinion I may have implied about this should not reflect on your personal opinion in any shape, manner or form. One more thing... the mystery person is not me.

To me, the tone of this guitar is very reminiscent of Dickey Betts in Jessica (Allman Brothers).

Please... only honest opinions.... even if they're indifferent or reeking of ambivalence. Its the only way this person has agreed to let this mix be "published", so I would ask you to please consider your unbiased opinion as a personal favor to me.

the tone fits the the song really well. (how do you get that tone? ) but maybe you could put it someplace else, like when the song is at a quiet part, or when everything is clean. the tone doesn't really go well with distortion. can't totally bring the feeling out.

ah well. that's what i think anyway.

when's the vocals coming in? can't wait for that.

and the song is really good. wonder where you get so much time to put everything together!

whoa hurricane isabel was just here, its been 12 hours since i was allowed to use the comp. so anyway, i like the new track, the piano addition is cool, altho i think the end is too abrupt, it goes really heavy and cuts off, i think it might be just a timing thing tho
jesus god!
i was surprised that the jazz tone fit so well. it needs to be turned up a little, though, because it sounds really quiet right now with no distortion. but i'd put it in the song somewhere, if not there.

btw, any chance i could get tabs for this song?

edit: bill, i usually download from your site around 50kbps or so. and except for one song i saw on here with a direct link, i haven't been able to actually download anything from d-music. it just plays the file when i click the dl button on the site, it doesn't save it on my computer...
Originally posted by dmal
Sound is the only real thing that matters.
taking dmal out of context... but i like the quote...
download my songs...
Last edited by ninjaadam44 at Sep 19, 2003,
Originally posted by ninjaadam44
btw, any chance i could get tabs for this song?

Go to page 9 of this thread.. the 3rd post down from the top and you'll see a pic of how I "tab". I've never written tab in my entire life... although I can understand how to read it.

Anyway... Thank you and atee for your opinions on the Jazz-Blues tones. I'll PM the person and let them know about the link to their riff being mixed in and posted.

Keep those opinions coming!
oo since people seem to like a jazz blues tone, then i think my bassline might actually work!
jesus god!
Provided I get my mic soon, I can make a demo-track of the vocals, which you'll be able to temporarily mix in to see what they sound like, then have the proper ones by arienette
I've finally got the account. There's only the newest MP3 on the site right now.

I'm not sure how to directly link...

This is how you directly link to DMusic downloads:

http://files.dmusic.com/music/b/-/b-43/UGer_s_Partial_Compilation-128.mp3

^ Right Click, Save Target As... should work with that. I haven't had a chance to d/load it yet, but I will as soon as I get enough time .

It's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing...
Last edited by arienette at Sep 19, 2003,
This is how you directly link to DMusic downloads:

Right Click, Save Target As... should work with that. I haven't had a chance to d/load it yet, but I will as soon as I get enough time .

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
I don't know if I'm the only person here who can do this, but I can left click on the link and it starts downloading automatically. I just thought I would try it and see what happened... Hey... it works!

Thanks again arienette. I owe you a profound debt of gratitude.

Last edited by Bill43 at Sep 19, 2003,