Page 5 of 8
just out of curiousity, how did you get that link? i see that it works, but where on dmusic did you get the info for the actual address of the song?

nm, i think i've got it.
Originally posted by dmal
Sound is the only real thing that matters.
taking dmal out of context... but i like the quote...
download my songs...
Last edited by ninjaadam44 at Sep 19, 2003,
Originally posted by ninjaadam44
just out of curiousity, how did you get that link? i see that it works, but where on dmusic did you get the info for the actual address of the song?

nm, i think i've got it.

I can understand it now that she's "shown me the way"! Before she helped me out, I took a look at her links to her songs... now its totally transparent! Thanks again arienette.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
my bet is pikemaster?

I'm not going to say either way.

Anyway, what did you think of the style and tone of the riff?
I thought the jazz tone was absolutely brill!!! So didn't think it would fit but it did!!! Someone mentioned earlier to higher it's volume and I'll second that motion!!! Easy tweek! Love the run at the beginning of the licks in that jazz tinge, can't wait to hear the finished version!!!

By the way, left a link for you to get those tracks Bi;;. There's a PM waiting for you.

All the best everyone!!!

Originally posted by yngwiemalmsteen
I thought the jazz tone was absolutely brill!!! So didn't think it would fit but it did!!! Someone mentioned earlier to higher it's volume and I'll second that motion!!! Easy tweek! Love the run at the beginning of the licks in that jazz tinge, can't wait to hear the finished version!!!

By the way, left a link for you to get those tracks Bi;;. There's a PM waiting for you.

All the best everyone!!!

yngwie... you need to delete some of your PM's. I can't reply to that last one, beacuse your PM box is full.

Okay... I can give them a nudge.... I just was wondering what everyone thought of them... , personally, I think it opens a new avenue of direction within portions of the song... smooth sounding bluesy-jazz with the distorted guitars behind them... and hopefully arienette's melt your heart, ears and everything else vocals over the top of them...

This song is going to be one hell of a great one.

Think about this... how many actual different guitars are being played in this already. My 3, yours, Silenced's, Turin's, The Unknown Player's. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Five freakin' guitarists with at least 7 different guitars in this song! Could you see that as a live band! If you count in Dromar on the bass.... that makes six players with, at the bare minium, eight guitars. Arienette's piano was a delight... to say the least. Raindog's hauntingly rich intro was a nice touch. Oh... and let's not forget the drum loops courtesy of ACID... we'll just put one of my computers on the stage with us for a drummer.
Sorted mailbox. Sent you e-mail with ftp details. Last file has just gone up. It's a three part rar. You know the rest. Behold, the mountain that has come between us sending this file has finally been breached. Hooray!!!!!
I like it.... don't add piano to this.... definetly add another guitar it, bass, and drums.... You don't need all that other stuff drowning the guitar out.... Keep it simple and it'll sound good.... I liked the feel of it.... With the exception of the beginning and ending riffs it sounded like a Default song.... This is interesting.... If you ever do get tracks to go over it let me know I'd like to see how this turns out....
Check out my music:
www.purevolume.com/sarahsredemption
or
www.myspace.com/sarahsredemption
the piano's already there, and i think i speak for the majority in saying that we like them. which version did you download? i don't usually go for this kind of thing, but the 'wall of sound' that's been created here is truly getting better and better.
download my songs...
oh i downloaded the first version.... let me take a listen to the new ones....
Check out my music:
or
Originally posted by LPGuitarist86
oh i downloaded the first version.... let me take a listen to the new ones....

If there's any "dead links" that you would like to hear... let me know and I'll get them back on a soon as I can.
ok just downloaded the latest one.... holy sh*t.... this is amazing.... i wish that everyone who participated in this lived in the same area so they could all start a band together and own every band that exists out there today.... this rules... I can't wait for the finished version....
Check out my music:
or
hey all, i have to do some stuff but ill be back in an hour or so, cheers!!
jesus god!
ok just downloaded the latest one.... holy sh*t.... this is amazing.... i wish that everyone who participated in this lived in the same area so they could all start a band together and own every band that exists out there today.... this rules... I can't wait for the finished version....
mr "keep it simple" has been converted. i too was worried it would sound too busy, but these people are awesome and know how to collaborate.
download my songs...
Originally posted by ninjaadam44
mr "keep it simple" has been converted. i was worried it would sound too busy, but these people are awesome and know how to collaborate.

Yes I've seen the light.... .... I didn't think it was possible.... Those lead riffs are gonna drive me to practice more often.... These people are more talented than most I've ever heard before...
Check out my music:
or
Yes I've seen the light.... .... I didn't think it was possible.... Those lead riffs are gonna drive me to practice more often.... These people are more talented than most I've ever heard before...

Not only are the other contributors extremely talented, they have a nice feel for the mixing... certain portions here and there. I've had quite a bit of creative flurry, but the majority of direction has come from everyone else.

Don't ever let the KISS method keep you from going foward with a project. I've done studio sets that would make your head swim.

Really... think about this. Orchestral pieces. with 60 or more different instruments all playing in perfect synchronization. Think of writing a piece of music for that many different parts.... and how well they all blend together.
The piece so far is sounding pretty damn good, and it's not even finished yet. Bill, do you have a list of all of the people whose parts are on the latest version and what they're playing?
Originally posted by timetraveller02
The piece so far is sounding pretty damn good, and it's not even finished yet. Bill, do you have a list of all of the people whose parts are on the latest version and what they're playing?

Synths - Raindog
Piano - Arienette
Drums - Bill43
Acoustic guitar - Bill43
Distorted Rhythm guitar - Bill43
Bass Guitar - Dromar (not in the mix yet)
Intro Solo (00:11) - Silenced
Jazzy Solo (00:33) - (unknown)
Metalish kinda Solo (00:56) - TurinBrakes (thats me )
Last edited by turinbrakes at Sep 20, 2003,
Originally posted by turinbrakes
Synths - Raindog
Piano - Arienette
Drums - Bill43
Acoustic guitar - Bill43
Distorted Rhythm guitar - Bill43
Bass Guitar - Dromar (not in the mix yet)
Intro Solo (00:11) - Silenced
Jazzy Solo (00:33) - (unknown)
Metalish kinda Solo (00:56) - TurinBrakes (thats me )

Wow... a lot of people have a thing for timing of MP3's... you should see this in my mixing proggy. I have it set where it reads out in a 10millionth of a millisecond... that makes it easy for me! I can take any of the different tracks and drop them right in at the perfect spot.... just me, the software and a calculator. I suppose I can set it to minutes and sconds, but that would be a pain having to drop tracks in at numbers (times) as BIG as that.

Anyway... you missed one... sort of.

On the distorted rhythm, those are 2 different guitars with 2 distinctly set distortions.... The Schecter has more af a bite and growl, where the Patriot has an LP's type of quality to it... smoother, but not as muddy as an actual LP... even when recorded!
Sorry about this... I just thought I would let anyone who might be interested know...

I have some personal business to attend to for a couple of days, so it amy be a little while before any newer mixes can be made available.

I've finnaly got the whole new lead riff from yngwiemalmsteen, some new jazz rifs from the unknown, and a lead for the outro from Silenced.

I'm working as fast as I can find the time, but there's only so much 1 guy and a computer can do... please be patient....

There's some great stuff that I've been given and it will get in here very soon.

Thanks for understanding.

*edit* Dromar... empty your PM inbox and sent messages. I can't get anything to you.
Last edited by Bill43 at Sep 20, 2003,
terribly sorry indeed, i thought i had deleted all my sent messages, i just wish i had gotten back to the comp in time before u went offline.
jesus god!
It looks like any chance for vocals is over for the moment. There may be some in the future, but none that I'm aware of at this time.

I've done a little work here and there on the track, but not enough to post a "new" version.

Now... seeing as the vocals have been reconsidered... It appears that this is going to end up being an instrumental. I really am in desperate need of solos... I know SV300 wanted to try some, but I haven't heard anything from him, yet. We'll see.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Turin's and Silenced's riffs. Not the same tones, mind you, but something that gets a little fast run going in the middle of it all. The Mystery Guitarist's (Beatallica Fan's) cleans are fine for his portions, so I would like to get some with a few more effects. Placement of the riffs are not important. I can move them anywhere, but the timing is very important. Remember 85 BPM, or play along to the track on one channel and record to the other.... I can separate them easily.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this? Anyone who already has a part of it can still go for more... I just want some contrasting tones.... distorted and clean... different, yet having a little run in it somewhere.... Oh ... 1 more thing. I may do an acoustic drum track myself... maybe???

Thanks,
Bill43
Originally posted by Bill43
It looks like any chance for vocals is over for the moment. There may be some in the future, but none that I'm aware of at this time.

I've done a little work here and there on the track, but not enough to post a "new" version.

Now... seeing as the vocals have been reconsidered... It appears that this is going to end up being an instrumental. I really am in desperate need of solos... I know SV300 wanted to try some, but I haven't heard anything from him, yet. We'll see.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Turin's and Silenced's riffs. Not the same tones, mind you, but something that gets a little fast run going in the middle of it all. The Mystery Guitarist's (Beatallica Fan's) cleans are fine for his portions, so I would like to get some with a few more effects. Placement of the riffs are not important. I can move them anywhere, but the timing is very important. Remember 85 BPM, or play along to the track on one channel and record to the other.... I can separate them easily.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this? Anyone who already has a part of it can still go for more... I just want some contrasting tones.... distorted and clean... different, yet having a little run in it somewhere.... Oh ... 1 more thing. I may do an acoustic drum track myself... maybe???

Thanks,
Bill43

Sorry Bill

Lucy went off to Uni....I've been really busy with school that I can't think clearly, so writings difficult. If you still need me I suppose I could try to piece something together, but it won't be anytime soon

Sorry man, I let you down
bill's back!!! too bad arienette's gone now, though. i don't think we should make this an instrumental though. it seems like it should have vocals for some reason. i think we should wait it out or get some one else, but have vocals. unless someone just comes up with a really great lead part.
download my songs...
Originally posted by ohdarn323
Sorry Bill

Lucy went off to Uni....I've been really busy with school that I can't think clearly, so writings difficult. If you still need me I suppose I could try to piece something together, but it won't be anytime soon. Sorry man, I let you down

No you didn't. There wasn't a time limit on any of this. If I could sing for squat, then I would do it... my voice just isn't what it used to be. If you find the time... well... read more below...

Originally psted by Ninjaadam
i don't think we should make this an instrumental though. it seems like it should have vocals for some reason. i think we should wait it out or get some one else, but have vocals.

Well... I am keeping a version with vocal breaks. I just thought with arienette going away for a while, that everyone would lose interest in any vocals. She may be interested still, but she's a bit overwhelmed with other, more personal matters. I told her I would keep a version... for her, if she ever decided to give it a go.

If anyone wants to try a vocal track.... then go ahead. There will always be a version to add vocals to.
meh im not diggin the new solo in the first chorus.....i liked the solo setup from before...the large number of solos is kinda annoying to me, i mean once u get about halfway through this new mix, the solos dont even fit that well
jesus god!
Hey Bill, you didn't like my 2nd solo???? That's fine if you didn't, I spent almost no time on it, and I probably couldn't have made it good if I did spend time on it, but I really didn't like that portion of it that you kinda just "chopped" out, and then threw it in with the flurry of solos.

Now bare with me, youre a great guy, and I totally respect you and appreciate for what you have done thus far with this thing, but I really think that those solos should be spread out from each other, so that you can have time to get used to the style of the solo. Those small portins just irritate the listener, because he keeps having to change to different scales, and different styles, and IMHO I don't like it at all. So if ya could take my small portion out of that little medley of solos, and that's fine what you did with the ending, I liked that. Thanks man, but listening to it again, I really did realize how good the drums were.
I'm definitely in agreement with Silenced on this. A lot of the new material is really good (who did the one where the guitar makes a kind of "clucking" sound, about half way through? I really liked that) but it could certainly benefit from being spaced out along the song.

And maybe this is just me, but I could have sworn there used to be some great piano by arienette in the later choruses. What happened to that?

EDIT: D'oh. I've only just spotted Bill saying that he hadn't added it back in yet. Trust me not to read anything before posting.
At a rough estimate, to provide everyone in the world with clean drinking water would cost $50bn. So far, the US Government has spent $60bn on the Star Wars system.

Which, even after the latest test in June, doesn't work.
Last edited by ZsigE at Sep 27, 2003,
Sorry, but the 1st verse solo is good, but it does not fit in very well with the progressions. The second is better. the 2nd fill is quite strange and it sort of works I guess.

The 3rd verse fücking owns cause it's back to back to basics.

The 3rd fill is good too, allthough some hi-hat backing could work.

4th verse = I like.

Thanks.
Okay. I don't have mic yet, so if I give someone the tabs, they can play and record it. Feel free to fück it up as much as you like.

----------3-2------------
-2-2-0--------2-0------
--------------------------

it's a bit simplistic, but yeah, it fits ok.

over the fill with the G.
Just hang in there guys. The last one was a work in progress.

The clucking guitar was myself and, in its original recording, sounded like crap, so I reversed the entire track and matched it with the timing. The clucking is me chugging on fast run of heavy palm mutes. It really sounded okay by itself, but when mixed in... it went all to hell. That's the part that I don't like.

I thought the contrast between Beat's (mystery) lead and yngwie's crying guitar was a nice touch, as well as when I cut back in with myself with another type of G arpeggio mixed into the original. There were some timing issues with that one... and I made them, so I can redo that track... if you think that portion can stand on its own when I redo the timing... let me know. If not... its outta there!

Silenced, I liked your second set of riffs, but they were a bit too pristine... it walked away with the song and I would have to dump everything else to match it. I suppose I could chop them up and use portions of it, but now everyone is saying that there's just too many solos... each one overpowers the next and I suppose the casual listener just doesn't have time to adjust?

Anyone else have any critique? Every portion is easy to change and I have them all separate... just punch them in and punch them out. Let me know what parts you did like and I'll do it.

This is the run sheet as it stands on that last one...

Raindog's keyboard intro

Silenced's lead over my 12 string, synth violins and a portion of arienette's piano

My crap lead reversed to try and make it fit.

Turin's lead moved to the G based arpeggio

Beat & yngwie... I don't know... I liked it...

Me again with a different arpeggio mixed into the original....

The rest of the song... nothing extra except the fade was changed to throw in Silenced's original lead.

Anyone have any brainstorms?
is that the original lead i sent you, or the second one, because i much prefer the second one. Anyhow as i said when i first recorded my parts, its your track so you are free to do as you wish with my lead parts, if its the sound your were after then keep it in. Its really good of you to put all this time in so hopefully we'll get something worthwhile out of the end of it, thanks bill!
Are you sure that was me on that last one? I'm not so sure!!! Maybe the files got mixed up, you must have loads to cope with!!! lol

That part where you played it backwards sounds really odd!!! But then interesting trying to think of what it would sound like being played in the correct direction!!!

Originally posted by beatallica_fan
is that the original lead i sent you, or the second one, because i much prefer the second one. Anyhow as i said when i first recorded my parts, its your track so you are free to do as you wish with my lead parts, if its the sound your were after then keep it in. Its really good of you to put all this time in so hopefully we'll get something worthwhile out of the end of it, thanks bill!

To be totally honest with you... I have over 850 megs of different parts on this one song.... so its getting hard for me to keep up with. I think that was some of your original lead ???? but I'm really not sure.

It will be a damned fine song when its completed.... its just that I do want some "heavy handed" and heated critique here. If it sounds like crap... let me know. That part will go and something else can be done. Don't worry about offending me, or showing respect.... chuck that out the window and let me know how you really feel. Listen to it and tell me..

From what I've gatherd so far... it seems like everyone liked the 4 chord runs to be uncluttered and the arpeggios are where the solos were supposed to happen????? That's what I was going to leave for a vocal track... if that ever happens. I was hoping for an instrumental here and I guess I just went overboard.
Originally posted by Bill43
To be totally honest with you... I have over 850 megs of different parts on this one song.... so its getting hard for me to keep up with. I think that was some of your original lead ???? but I'm really not sure.

It will be a damned fine song when its completed.... its just that I do want some "heavy handed" and heated critique here. If it sounds like crap... let me know. That part will go and something else can be done. Don't worry about offending me, or showing respect.... chuck that out the window and let me know how you really feel. Listen to it and tell me..

From what I've gatherd so far... it seems like everyone liked the 4 chord runs to be uncluttered and the arpeggios are where the solos were supposed to happen????? That's what I was going to leave for a vocal track... if that ever happens. I was hoping for an instrumental here and I guess I just went overboard.

heavy handed critique eh, ok......

I never liked my original lead as you know, and i dont like it mixed with the other lead parts, whomever they belong to (nothing wrong with them btw, just dont think they mix well. So if your only gonna have one section of my stuff id prefer my second lead, although if you can fit both in thats fine also. Other than that maybe it would benefit with a bit of space between solos, a couple of bars or something just to break it up, as i suggested in my email to you.
Originally posted by yngwiemalmsteen
Are you sure that was me on that last one? I'm not so sure!!! Maybe the files got mixed up, you must have loads to cope with!!! lol

That part where you played it backwards sounds really odd!!! But then interesting trying to think of what it would sound like being played in the correct direction!!!

Yep... that was a part of your riff coming in right after Beat's riff. I know your track... after all of the problems we had with getting it here.

The reversed track sounded really bad ass by itself, but it didn't sit well with the flavor of this song.... I sat here thinking... WTF am I doing... so I reversed it and it came out a bit different. It seemed to sit a little better that way.
Originally posted by beatallica_fan
heavy handed critique eh, ok......

I never liked my original lead as you know, and i dont like it mixed with the other lead parts, whomever they belong to (nothing wrong with them btw, just dont think they mix well. So if your only gonna have one section of my stuff id prefer my second lead, although if you can fit both in thats fine also. Other than that maybe it would benefit with a bit of space between solos, a couple of bars or something just to break it up, as i suggested in my email to you.

Okay.... I'll get on it... post a link and we'll see what comes up.

Thanks for being honest!