georgeazguitar
702 IQ
Summer is coming so Im going to take some classes for Folk/Bluegrass and Classical guitar. I don't want to have to buy 2 guitars so would a classical guitar sound good even playing folk/bluegrass fingerstyle picking?
Lauke_101
Registered fx abuser
631 IQ
I'm pretty sure it will, but it'll probably depend on the classical guitar as well. One with a spruce top will probably do it a tad better than one with a cedar top, because spruce has more treble and bass response and cedar more midrange.
Fingerstyle picking will be a bit harder on a classical guitar though because of the thicker and wider neck and the nylon strings.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
georgeazguitar
702 IQ
Ew, alright. Thanks. Does anyone have any advice on whats guitars are good for folk and bluegrass fingerstyle?
LonelyHashBrown
Spanish Harlem Incident
322 IQ
ahhh, i'd suggest some concert or auditorium body Guilds or alvarezs. there pretty much badass
rock_and_blues
Banned
892 IQ
I dont know of many bluegrass guys who fingerpick....most of them that i know use a flatpick.

Folk on the other hand is predominately fingerpicked.
georgeazguitar
702 IQ
Quote by rock_and_blues
I dont know of many bluegrass guys who fingerpick....most of them that i know use a flatpick.

Folk on the other hand is predominately fingerpicked.

I guess your right, I never listened nor played bluegrass. Im just taking the class this summer so I can check out different genres. I think im going to drop the bluegrass class anywas. Would a guild be good for all out fingerpicking?
roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
I think your best bet in this situation is to get a smaller body sized (OM or Concert) steel stringed guitar. This would be the best of both worlds. For about $600, you can get an excellent Breedlove concert-sized guitar that would be very good for fingerpicking.

Good for $500
http://www.music123.com/Breedlove-AC200-SM-----Acoustic-Guitar-i405077.music
Best choice for the money:
http://www.music123.com/Breedlove-AC250-CR-----Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-i405612.music

That guitar has the cedar and rosewood combo that is typical in classical guitars. The steel strings make it very versatile

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
LonelyHashBrown
Spanish Harlem Incident
322 IQ
Quote by georgeazguitar
I guess your right, I never listened nor played bluegrass. Im just taking the class this summer so I can check out different genres. I think im going to drop the bluegrass class anywas. Would a guild be good for all out fingerpicking?

Yeah, a OM or concert body guild would be great for fingerpicking