Page 2 of 3
Holy shit! And I thought I was the only person in this lonely, miserable world who liked Saint Vitus. But here you all are. Amazing, there are other people who have good taste in music. I have never known anyone other than myself who liked this band. That's because pretty much everybody else on the planet are goddamn pussies! I have the "V" tattooed on my arm, the sign of a true Vitus fan. And I play several of their songs in my band, Brimstone Fist: "The Troll, "Born Too Late," and have even messed around with "War is Our Destiny." Killer!

I heard they're somewhat active these days, maybe recording a new album, although sadly Armando Acosta is no longer drumming for them. I like the contrasts between all three singers, Reagers is a bit more different from the other two. If Vitus ever needs another singer or guitar player, I am more than ready to audition. We are the Children of Doom!!!
Quote by William Wolfe
although sadly Armando Acosta is no longer drumming for them.

No shit.

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Thats awesome man!,all excellent choices for covers.You should post a pic of your tattoo.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

you know what would be awesome, a Vitus concert with Reagers and Wino doing a tag team on vocals. Oh and I'm addicted to the song Burial at Sea.
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
I've never delved too much into Reagers Vitus, seems like I need to change that soon!
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
I've never delved too much into Reagers Vitus, seems like I need to change that soon!

it's a more upbeat era, although there are a few slower songs
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
As much as I like Wino, Scott Reagers will always be the Saint Vitus vocalist for me.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Well, Wino is one of my favourite vocalists out there, not to mention he's half the charm of Vitus for me (with the other being Mr Chandler's guitar playing, obviously)... nevertheless, I'll give the first two a listen soon enough.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
nevertheless, I'll give the first two a listen soon enough.

your ears will thank you later
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Well, Wino is one of my favourite vocalists out there, not to mention he's half the charm of Vitus for me (with the other being Mr Chandler's guitar playing, obviously)... nevertheless, I'll give the first two a listen soon enough.

He has too many standout bands of his own (The Obsessed, The Hidden Hand, Spirit Caravan...) for me to regard him as an essential Saint Vitus member. Personally I think that Scott Reagers and Dave Chandler are what defines the spirit of Saint Vitus.

Now that I think about it, the self-titled might just be the ultimate doom metal album.

I creep by moonlight
I hide when the sun starts to rise
I sleep with the dead things
I have holes instead of eyes

A fine example of an album that gets me teary-eyed simply because of how good it is. Metal at its very best.

Quote by Kepulix

A fine example of an album that gets me teary-eyed simply because of how good it is. Metal at its very best.

agreed. It's a damn shame it's only 5 songs, though
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Just making sure you all know about the tour dates....

7 Dec 2010 Underworld London, UNITED KINGDOM
9 Dec 2010 Z-7 Pratteln, Pratteln, SWITZERLAND
10 Dec 2010 Magnolia Club Milano, ITALY
11 Dec 2010 Locomotic Club Bologna, ITALY
12 Dec 2010 Explosiv Graz, AUSTRIA
13 Dec 2010 Arena in Vienna, AUSTRIA
14 Dec 2010 K17 Berlin, GERMANY
15 Dec 2010 Bastard Club Osnabrück, GERMANY
16 Dec 2010 VK Brussels, BELGIUM
17 Dec 2010 Effenaar Eindhoven, NETHERLANDS
18 Dec 2010 "Night of Doom“ Festival Stuttgart, GERMANY
19 Dec 2010 Meier Music Hall Braunschweig, GERMANY
20 Dec 2010 Markthalle Hamburg, GERMANY
21 Dec 2010 Underground Cologne, GERMANY
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Ohmigod... both the Stuttgart and the Cologne date are a two hour car drive away each, or perhaps go by train? Seriously considering the possibility right now, just have to check a few things like tickets and I should be set!

...would you love me?
Savage, Id love to see them live!
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
nooooo i was hoping for a usa tour
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I was planning on hitting up the London date but the snow fucked up my plans
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
New album's titled "Lilly F65", Wino says: "Y'know the reason we called it 'Lilly F65'? It was a powerful downer back in our day and well, Dave really had a thing for his downers."
I didn't even know they were recording a new album...

I'm always behind on the news ;__;
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Don't feel bad. I just found out yesterday that Saint Vitus had other vocalists than Wino. Haven't moved on from Born Too Late either though.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade

Go get it

Good boy!

Seriously though, the essential Saint Vitus record as far as I'm concerned.

Any love for Mournful Cries? Probably my favourite Wino album after Born Too Late, as well as maybe the best cover art besides the s/t.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Yep, Killer album Calum. It's Dragon Time in the village toniiiight!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Shooting Gallery is one of the most crushing songs ever. Besides that, wonderfully minimalistic and soulful album. Second favourite Vitus album and easily in my top five of the man.

...would you love me?
I'd say that Mournful Cries is my favorite of theirs, and the best of the SST albums. The riffs on Shooting Gallery and The Troll are immense.
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Love doom, but haven't listened to Vitus until today. Which led me to ordering the first two albums. It's actually cool, this kid in my residence hall loves doom also (which I never knew) and he showed me the genius of this band.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
I haven't seen any talk of this. Or THIS, for that matter. Let me tell you that I am very disappointed in all of you boys.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
I haven't seen any talk of this. Or THIS, for that matter. Let me tell you that I am very disappointed in all of you boys.

I hope "Vertigo" isn't a U2 cover...
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Holy balls, I hope not too
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Since my birthday is in late April, I may buy myself a nice birthday gift in the form of the new Vitus album. So what's everyone's opinion on a new Wino full length? I haven't been into the band long, but I've listened to them a ton in the short time that I've known them, and Wino is my favorite hands down. Dying Inside is just creepy.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Might not be the best thread for it, but what's some good stuff by Wino to try out other than Saint Vitus and Shrinebuilder?
The Obsessed is pretty good. More up-beat but still all traditional doom. I only have Lunar Womb myself, so I can't recommend any other album than that.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Might not be the best thread for it, but what's some good stuff by Wino to try out other than Saint Vitus and Shrinebuilder?

Spirit Caravan fo sho'
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Jug Fulla Sun and Mother Teacher Destroyer are my favourite Wino albums along with the first two he did with Saint V.

...would you love me?
Those who have heard it say that the new album is crushing. Not a fan of the album name or the artwork, but it's Saint Vitus, the music can't possibly be bad.

Recommended threads
Pentagram ( 1 2 3 )
metal Lover
Last post:
by BIGD2
The Unseen ( 1 2 )
recklessnick
Last post:
by lavazza
Kataklysm ( 1 2 3 )
ibanezguitarz07