Page 1 of 2
Tanglewoodguit
Davostated
81 IQ
Well, i can't find a thread dedicated to these and i've searched so here it is. I personally have loved FF since the first album, i like every track, which is quite rare as far I go The 2nd album was good, but didn't have the same "wow" factor as the first. The Fallen is a great track. Then, some b-sides are very good. "Shopping for blood" and "Get up and use me" are just 2 examples. Anyone else like them?

Also I've been waiting for a new album for a while now. Its annoying =]
European Son
10 IQ
They forgot to include one of their best songs on YCHISMB, Wine In The Afternoon. But they're great anyway.
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
181 IQ
I got the Darts of Pleasure EP, which I really liked, the first album got boring and repetetive very, very quickly, Take Me Out got played to death and I can't listen to it now. Never bothered to get the second album and I actively avoided their set at V the other year.

All in all, not one of my favourite bands
belavista man
--{The UK Reviewer}--
2,237 IQ
They arn't doing too bad for them-selves, but i can't find it in my heart to like them... I just find the songs a little boring to be honest.
Quote by wastingtime
chavs haha such a funny word, in my house we call them ferals

Member Number 6 Of The "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub

POLICE till I die!
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
110 IQ
Meh I sort of thought they died along with the rest of whole nu-garage movement. I own their first album, which has some good tracks but is all sort of samey. My brother has their sophomore LP, but I never got around to listening to it all the way through.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

NGD1313
left & leaving
140 IQ
I never got what all the fuss was about. I just can't get into anything they've done...
trev_smith12
UG Unknown
20 IQ
nevermind the haters. both albums are gold.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
rich_duran2
10 IQ
They should have continued right after the second tour....the momentum was on. I saw them in concert for both albums and the first show was great.
Dom_H
10 IQ
a good b-side to hunt for for a franz fan..or maybe a non-fan would be 'don't start'..it came randomly onto my mp3 once and i loved it. great song.
belavista man
--{The UK Reviewer}--
2,237 IQ
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Meh I sort of thought they died along with the rest of whole nu-garage movement. I own their first album, which has some good tracks but is all sort of samey. My brother has their sophomore LP, but I never got around to listening to it all the way through.

I agree with this guy, they get way too samey. On both of their albums they find something they think works (which usually does for a while) and continue it through 3 - 4 songs. On the first album, they kept repeating that riff (i think it was only 2 songs though - i dunno) and on their latest album, they enjoyed ending countless songs with 'Yeah!', which pissed me off...
Quote by wastingtime
chavs haha such a funny word, in my house we call them ferals

Member Number 6 Of The "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub

POLICE till I die!
Maverick7721
10 IQ
I really enjoy listening to this band. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about their new album?
WE ARE LIFT!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!
Kimby
UG Newbie
10 IQ
First album was fantastic. Second album seemed sort of rushed, but still had it's golden moments.

All in all, you can't deny that they're so much fun live.
we know a place no spaceships go
shamu1001
I've been degaussed...
20 IQ
I loved a couple songs on the first CD, likes a few others, couldn't stand a number of them. The second CD, however, was godawful throughout. They should've waited for a while, let the hype die down, so that they could concentrate on maturing as a band... looking for a new sound. Rushed, rushed, rushed.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Tsunoyukami
80 IQ
Alright, I'll admit that these guys do get kinda boring but every time I sit down and listen to them, it's great.

I find both albums to be very solid, not many (if any) weak tracks in either of them, but they are slightly samey, especially if you listen to them too much.
JohnnyR
364 IQ
I LOVE Franz Ferdinand!!! I have all the singles (exept Matineè, CDs and DVDs!! I just waiting to get the new CD!! Hope it comes more info about it soon.
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
120 IQ
The second album was good, but the tracks from the first one stuck longer. I can name, quote, and hum every track from it. I can't do that so much with the second.

But yes. Franz Ferdinand is t3h shiznit.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
kidsilcon
On offer 'till December
10 IQ
Yeah the first album was brilliant, dodn't think to much about the second one though.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
budgie182
Jizmopper
35 IQ
ive got both of their albums
self titled is better

im tired of waiting for the new album...
perry589
Used to be evil
10 IQ
Both the albums were great, but the first one was better. Some of the songs on the second album could have been better. Hopefully, a new album next year.
It's gonna be a blue day
Ghost_Knive
I see you fallen
20 IQ
They have a ton of good songs that aren't released. Anyone remember franzferdinand.org in the good old days? It's not there how it used to be anymore, but there a a ton of tracks that I bet you guys haven't heard before.
Love is watching
Someone die.
icekold23
10 IQ
I like them. I'm not one of the die-hards i mean I just got into them like a few months ago but they are good. And my friends name is Ferdinand so that's kinda why I started listening to them
trackmind
ha ha funny
50 IQ
Franz Ferdinand are decent. A bit same-y at times, but they're good. Quite catchy.
Ghost_Knive
I see you fallen
20 IQ
Quote by icekold23
my friends name is Ferdinand so that's kinda why I started listening to them

Haha, awesome.
Their songs that aren't on CD yet are sooo good. I think they should just make a CD out of them right now.
Love is watching
Someone die.
FoolOnThePlanet
Listen to the pillows
220 IQ
Love em. Deffinately one of my faves.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
111 IQ
yeah i heard about the synths

they were gonna try out some songs in america.but these old synths just sorta, fried in the heat,and they ended up playing a kinda "most famous songs" gig

must have annoyed them...

personally I think the second album is more accomplished then the first,but takes more gettin into,has less instant appeal

initially I hated it,now I prefer it over the first, the lyrics are better for one in general

also like theur version of "what u waiting for" they did for live lounge
and lindsy wells
and that awesome live version of outsiders with like 11 drummers in the end, on jools hollnad

youtube it people

but yeah, not a HardCore fan, just like their music
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
perry589
Used to be evil
10 IQ
^ So do i. Had a cool video to accompany it too. Hope they sound more like that on the third album.
It's gonna be a blue day
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
30 IQ
Mega-bump.

Decent band. I used to be obsessive about them in the 8th grade after hearing Take Me Out on the original Guitar Hero.
johnny_tapia
Definitely Maybe..
307 IQ
Quote by Uber-rocker
^ Neither can I. When's it coming out?

No idea. I can't see anything on their site either
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Page 1 of 2