ajaggysnake
238 IQ
I've just got meself a second hand fender jazz, with the serial no on the headstock, is there any way of checkin that no with fender to find out it's age, where it was made etc.
Cheers

(sorry if this is in the wrong section, first post)
Jonnomainman
UG Monkey
389 IQ
They are known to have the date of manufacture written on the heel of a neck or the neck pocket of the body.

If you find out the parts in your bass you can usually check them off against a parts list of bass' from different eras.

IE you can instantly know a CBS strat from the massive headstock but this happens less with the basses.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Kingyem0c0re
2,579 IQ
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
slash6464
UG Newbie
361 IQ
hey who knows maybe basses are like tree's, if you cut the neck in half, you could count the rings in the wood to determin its age.
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
indie-bassist
Second Cap'n Max Sparrow
638 IQ
Quote by slash6464
hey who knows maybe basses are like tree's, if you cut the neck in half, you could count the rings in the wood to determin its age.

I hope you are joking, basses are trees, just cut into a different shape (unless you have one of those carbon fibre or acrylic ones), and doing that would find you the age of the tree it came from
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Fast_Bear
UG Freak
1,026 IQ
Quote by slash6464

:0 WOAH MY BASS IS ALMOST 300 YEARS OLD!

Now how do I get it back together?