BiggK2006
366 IQ
What brands of bass are best for metalcore, stuff like BFMV, Killswitch, Atreyu, and so on.
Also what kinds of amps are best to use for this type of music.
SeventhSkull
UG thrasher
81 IQ
Ibanez, BC Rich, ESP/Ltd and Schecter would be what i say for basses... amps, hmm, madison perhaps?
SeventhSkull
UG thrasher
81 IQ
if you really like Killswitch, you can atually buy the Signature bass that Ibanez makes as well
I'm_Guitarded
UG Member
174 IQ
well.... ibanez, bc rich, AXL, stuffs like those are pretty metal-ish soudning (and looking)

i wouldnt know about amps tho
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
A lot of metal bands, as well as other genres, use Ampeg stuff as well as Mesa.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
harryhash
256 IQ
I'd go an Ibanez SRX (thats what the Killswitch sig model is based off, only stripped down) or a Musicman Stingray, coz they just plain kick ass. Anything made out of a (largely) mahogany body would do the trick too. Don't bother with anything but a top of the line BC Rich, they're not worth the money otherwise. Another different one I saw at a gig the other day was the Epiphone Ltd shaped like a Les Paul, whatever its called. 2 of the 4 bands were running them and they sounded pretty awesome

PS, there's a thread almost identical to this kicking round somewhere, check it for more ideas.
Spankyx2
The Spankinator
327 IQ
Id go with a Dean if you want a good metal bass, or jackson, but their necks are pretty thick. I also like washburn and Ibanez basses, their good for metal to.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
Fast_Bear
UG Freak
1,026 IQ
Do you want that deep DEEP DEEEP thick sound or something with a bit more Groul.

If you want thickness get 2 or 3 15" and turn the Bass ALL the way up!

If you want groul get something with a bridge pickup (like a Fender Jazz) and put some stainless steel strings on em!
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing
1,709 IQ
Pretty much anything with a good sound...all depends on what you like.

Generally, it's everything listed above plus Rick' and random things from Fender and Gibson

Amp wise, standard stuff...Marshall, Peavey, Crate, Ampeg, ect, ect...Tubes are good. They make you sound like you're going to explode. Always good for metal, Yesyes.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 17, 2007,
etubrutus123
Long live Brutus!
289 IQ
ESP is good for a more low end sound, while Ibanez has a more traditional metal bass sound. I always push warwicks when people ask me about metal bass. They're excellent if you want to play more lead bass parts. Thats more for progressive or alternative styles of metal, though. For metalcore, go with Ibanez or ESP.

Ampeg's a great amp for a low end rumble, but it can sound a little jazzy at times. Peavey's not bad.
shut_up_you_***
GAS free for 1 year!
1,181 IQ
My vote goes for a Warwick through an Ampeg. A lot of low-end but with definition and presence. Not my cup of tea... but if I played metal, that's what I would use.
Carvin-on-Bass
33 IQ
BC Rich, Ibanez, ESP is what I would choose but I play death/thrash metal not metalcore.
Lilldjuret
UG's Swedish Prostitute
447 IQ
It all depends on your price range. For lower end gear, go Ibanez and steer clear of ESP and BC Rich.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!