R0CKER1220
UG Addict
523 IQ
I've been sick for the past few days and my ears haven't been popping. As of yesterday my left ear has started again but today all the build-up pressure in my right escaped and is bugging the hell out of me as it's pushing against my ear and causing me to not be able to hear anything there aside from my bones and a ringing. I've yawned numerous times, held my nose and blew, jumped up and down and other things.

Does anyone have a way to get my ear to pop!?
Bubban
UG's Arachno-Communist
88 IQ
Pop rocks and coke?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
davidson22
UG's Skinny A$$ White Boy
400 IQ
Sucking on something like a life saver or a sucker, or swallowing. That usually helps me
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Heres how, Hold both nostrils 100% shut with your fingers and try to blow out your noise, air cant escape there so it pops your ears.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
sunovagun
UG's Black Ranger
271 IQ
Deep breath, pinch your nose, close your mouth and breath hard outwards

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

For info how to join the team PM Bombtrack
Jacob6293
ummm......guitarist?
1,465 IQ
swallow.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Greenie_777
UG Newbie
547 IQ
Do you have a cold by any chance?

If so your ears are connected to your nose and if you dont blow your nose enough it blocks up your ears which may make you think your ears need popping.

Just blow all that snot out of your nose and it should clear.
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
this is happening to me now too, but it's been better.

ohmerrymayhem
Banned
30 IQ
Don't do any of this. Any doctor will tell you that purposefully popping your ears puts undue stress on the drum and can seriously impair your hearing due to drum and cone damage inside the ear. Spray your nose with nose spray, take some nasal decongestant (like sudafed) and stop being such a baby. YOu have a cold, it'll go away - get over it.
sinan90
2,455 IQ
^ What he said is true it's like glue ear in little kids. If that don't work chewing gum helps me when it happens during a flight.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Vigilantius
You're a title.
145 IQ
Eat a lot of cheese and try to poop.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
anthony713
11 IQ
Have you tried shooting them? Revolvers work nicely, and be sure to use a silencer as not to disturb anyone.
Borat
122 IQ
Q-tip?

Or jump up and down on one leg and slap your ear
R0CKER1220
UG Addict
523 IQ
Quote by Greenie_777
Do you have a cold by any chance?

If so your ears are connected to your nose and if you dont blow your nose enough it blocks up your ears which may make you think your ears need popping.

Just blow all that snot out of your nose and it should clear.

I'm not sure what I had/have but it wasn't quite a cold. I just blew my nose as hard as I could about 20 times and it's still there .

EDIT:
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
Don't do any of this. Any doctor will tell you that purposefully popping your ears puts undue stress on the drum and can seriously impair your hearing due to drum and cone damage inside the ear. Spray your nose with nose spray, take some nasal decongestant (like sudafed) and stop being such a baby. YOu have a cold, it'll go away - get over it.

This is like no cold I've ever had before and this can't be natural to have my hearing impaired due to this pressure on my ear. Plus I have no nasal decongestant in a spray form.
Last edited by R0CKER1220 at Apr 17, 2007,
ohmerrymayhem
Banned
30 IQ
Quote by R0CKER1220
I'm not sure what I had/have but it wasn't quite a cold. I just blew my nose as hard as I could about 20 times and it's still there .

EDIT:

This is like no cold I've ever had before and this can't be natural to have my hearing impaired due to this pressure on my ear.

Yes, so putting even MORE pressure on it by constantly blowing your nose and forcing them to pop when that obviously isn't the issue is really going to help. Ace, kid. This is what I thought doctors were around for - you know, those funny guys in white suits with the odd lookin device around their necks...
muse_
217 IQ
Just let the cold go away and every once in a while try gently doing the hold your nose thing to see if it is getting better. Go to the doctor if it still sin't better in a few days. Make sure you don't just blow really hard until it goes becuase it'll probably be a blood vessel that goes first.
ohmerrymayhem
Banned
30 IQ
Get a bus. They're everywhere. I haven't had a car for 9 years and I make it to the doctors just fine. All this proves is that it must not be as bad as you're making it out to be.
Cosimo_Zaretti
Lifting your boxes
970 IQ
Go and see a doctor, it sounds like you have a bunch of fluid in there, and you want to make sure you don't end up with some nasty infection.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
al silver
Sure...
1,348 IQ
Quote by sinan90
^ What he said is true it's like glue ear in little kids. If that don't work chewing gum helps me when it happens during a flight.

What do you mean by little kids? I've had a permanent pressure from sinuses in my ears for about 4-5 years. When my sinuses get terrible, I can't hear the sound when you swallow or pop my ears. Its terrible; you don't realize how much you miss the swallowing sound until you lose it
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
future rock god
359 IQ
swim to the bottom of a swimming pool, anything about 2 metres deep or more should do it.
nobusforharold
UG Newbie
433 IQ
Hammer and nails...

O wait,
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos