Page 2 of 2
Quote by mozimask
The Ibanez sounded great for it's price, of cource the AVT sounds better.
And what will I possibly do with 500$? wait to upgrade? why not buy somthing good at the first place that I won't need to upgrade in the next 2-3 years?

No offense, but here's the reason: The amps you think sound good today really just don't. Buying something good in the first place would always be my recommendation, but the problem is that the ATV just isn't something good. As you develop a better ear down the road, you'll be glad you only spent 200$ today, instead of the 700$ on an ATV that you used to think had great tone.

Please ask around. I encourage you to.

If you want to get "something good" now, I strongly suggest you give that Blues Jr another try. This time with the volume turned up a little bit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by mozimask
The Ibanez sounded great for it's price, of cource the AVT sounds better.
And what will I possibly do with 500$? wait to upgrade? why not buy somthing good at the first place that I won't need to upgrade in the next 2-3 years?
I am not going to earn more money in the next few years anyway, and will not need something too loud or too weak.
I will check people's opinions about this one, in REAL life and not from biased net-comments. I do know some people that have good history in amps and guitars(one of them even has an Ibanez DNA Y2K), I'll see what they think about these amps since I didn't like the vox and roland as much as the Marshall.
I wish I could get the Laney, it sounds real good, but I'm very far from that.
I will also most probably won't even be able to keep the money since I'm trying to get a ticket to America in the summer and if I'll have the 500$ extra be sure it goes nowhere near guitar equipment but for a ticket.

Would you rather get an amp that you will want to sell in 2-3 years or one that will last you the rest of your life? The only reason you would ever upgrade from the Blues Jr. would be to play in a gigging band or if you just wanted to spend money.

You should probably crank the Blues Jr. because, unlike SS amps like the AVT, it sounds better when it's louder. If the Blues Jr. doesn't get the distortion you want even when it's cranked to the max, you can always buy a pedal.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
You guys did NOT get the concept of this, I need an amp that is about 50Watts so I could play in little gigs, a 30 Watt is not close to enough, the Blues Jr is out of the range since it costs almost 1k$ and not even strong enough to play in small gigs, maybe only for being heard with drums.
The Cube doesn't sound warm enough and it's a Metal-only, together with the AD50VT's series, they're the second choice of mine since they're stuffed with effects but sounds decent after all.
The AVT sounds better than the AD50VT and Cube 60 and also sounds better with pedals, not only can it practice with drums it can also be present in small gigs(so do the others) and it has a much warmer sound.
How could you guys recommend the AD50VT and Cube 60 to me and not the AVT? I'm anyway going to sell the cube or vox in a few years to your words so there's no bad but rather good only in choosing the AVT.
Try understanding I will NOT get any big money in the next few years, you say "Play a crappy amp for a few years untill you get the funds" or "the AVT sucks", I'm not going to stand something that is not in my requirements for a few years, and the AVT sounds better than the Vox and Cube. maybe it has no effects, but sounds better for sure.
Try understanding that, I don't live in America, here tube amps are rare. and one tube to change costs like 50-70$. not talking about amps....!
Tube=no way, now tell me something I DON'T know.
^ If you aren't going to have a lot of money in the next few years, then you absolutely should not get the AVT. A modeling amp with effects like the Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix is a better choice because you won't need to buy effects and you'll have plenty of amp models to choose from.

But, from the sound of it, you're really sold on the AVT, so nothing I say will convince you...
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Well I use the AD50VT, but don't personally use any of the effects on it aside from the reverb and occasionally the delay. I don't use many effects, just a overdrive, chorus and a wah, but am going to get a metal muff soon. That will about do it for me, unless one day I just decide to go out and buy a whammy like i've been talking about doing for years now.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
if you're so totally sold on the avt, then i don't know why you keep posting on this thread. just go out and buy the darn thing. you asked for opinions, and people are giving you their opinions. if you like the avt, go and get it. personally, i do not like it. i did some intensive testing a few years ago (i was thinking about the avt150) and, thankfully, i did not buy it.

you very much underestimate the power and tonal capabilities of all-tube amps. first of all, how big do you expect your gigs to be? i'm a professional musician. i'm also in college studying music. scoff at that if you will, but i get paid to perform (i play lead guitar in a hardcore band as well as a weekly-gigging jazz band, also in an indie band and acoustic solo stuff). i've played numerous shows - from little coffee shop gigs with an audience of 20 to performance halls with audiences in the hundreds (i believe the largest so far was 650). and what do i use? a 40 watt all tube fender. and i've never had to turn my fender up past 8 for any of those. i don't even do that. for smaller gigs, i have to keep the master volume below 4. the deal with all-tube amplifiers is that...they're ****ing loud. and they sound better when cranked. a 15 watt all-tube blues jr is plenty to gig - and, if for some reason you're not producing enough sound, you can mic it. chances are, if you're in a venue that large, they'll already expect you to mic your amp. (note: i've even played at a jazz club with a ss 10 watt marshall mg10 pos that i got for free and it was loud enough. barely, but it worked)

now, since price seems to be a big issue for you, don't get a blues jr or anything if you don't want to. as i said before, if you like the avt, go out and get it. but don't completely disregard everyone else's opinions. some of them may be n00bs, some may not have even tried out those amps and are just passing on what they've heard. and yet, seeing as there is a vast majority of people recommending the cube and the ad...well call me crazy, but don't you think there might be a chance that there's some rationale behind that? perhaps there is some truth, perhaps they do produce better tone? no one can force you to get anything. and if you like the avt tone you should get it. i, personally, have played countless amps including many that you mentioned, and there is nothing i like about the avt. but if that's the amp that you're set on, stop asking for other peoples' opinions and then snapping at them. just get the friggin' amp already.
Last edited by climhazzard at Apr 20, 2007,
I've done my best to try to help you. In return, it's my understanding that you tried to report me. For what? I have no idea.

In light of that, I have new advice for you: Get your damn 700$ ATV and be happy. Better yet, take out a loan and get the biggest MG you can find. Maybe you'll get lucky and never develop an ear for tone.

Take care.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Page 2 of 2