Page 4 of 79
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
With them dies first wave Pop Punk.

First wave?
What about bands like The Buzzcocks, The Vandals, The descendants and Green day.

If you ask me they are the best pop punk band , but not the 'first wave'. I dislike them though because of the host of imitators they left behind. Its died down now at least.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
First wave?
What about bands like The Buzzcocks, The Vandals, The descendants and Green day.

If you ask me they are the best pop punk band , but not the 'first wave'. I dislike them though because of the host of imitators they left behind. Its died down now at least.

Blink revolutionized punk.
Quote by cardsrule92
Blink revolutionized punk.

IMO, i can't see how they did.

Some bands defy all genres, some bands excell, Some bands create new genres. Some don't.

I think Blink excelled, they wrote catchy songs, that not many can contend with.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by yawn
Guess no one else agrees with me on the self-titled album.

I agree with you! I prefer it over EoTS and TOYPaJ

Although I prefer Chesire Cat and Dude Ranch.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I never liked Cheshire Cat. Was always my least favorite Blink release.
Feeling This
Anthem Part II and
Don't Leave Me
I was once told "life isn't a bowl full of cherries." I found it kinda obvious, cuz, well, cherries have pips and bowls can break.
Quote by I_Collect_Picks
ahem, smashing pumpkins (7 years)

Heh, good point. It's bout damn time too, though I'm just glad they're back.

I suppose if blink fans stay as faithful as pumpkins fans a similar thing can happen but I don't believe it will sound like old blink in the slightest. I think they would sound like the self titled album (my fav) with subtle changes, you know?

EDIT: Well I looked at Tom's wiki and clicked onto the page for I-Empire. It looks promising (in a weird way) but also Tom was talking about something weird.

In an Alternative Press interview, DeLonge says "When we launch this record, we'll also be launching a major piece of technology that will revolutionize mainstream America." Although he's stingy with the details, Delonge hints the mystery might be "some type of [computer] operating system".

Wtf is he talking about? In the UG news article about the album Tom talked about spending tons of time and money on something, what is he so excited about? ARGH!
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Jun 2, 2007,
Toms gone all weird these days.

Fav blink songs

Whats my age again.
Dammit.
Stay together for the kids.
Quote by musiclover2399
EDIT: Well I looked at Tom's wiki and clicked onto the page for I-Empire. It looks promising (in a weird way) but also Tom was talking about something weird.

Nowadays, Tom's always talking about something weird. His band's new album is going to be called I-Empire. He's trying to hype up his own ego.

Augh. I'm going to go listen to "Apple Shampoo" now. Or "Feeling This," maybe...
Did u guys see the AVA videos from Brazil? I swear to god, Tom must have been really drunk or something... and absolutely awful live.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Quote by musiclover2399
Well I looked at Tom's wiki and clicked onto the page for I-Empire. It looks promising (in a weird way) but also Tom was talking about something weird.

In an Alternative Press interview, DeLonge says "When we launch this record, we'll also be launching a major piece of technology that will revolutionize mainstream America." Although he's stingy with the details, Delonge hints the mystery might be "some type of [computer] operating system".

Tom annoys me nowadays. I read some quote of his, saying something to the effect of "I don't want to make music for 13-year old girls." He's ashamed of his pop-punk past, and is compensating by being as ridiculously pretencious as possible. He was hyping up "We Don't Need To Whisper" like this as well, talking about how it was going to revolutionise music- a year later, music kinda seems the same.

Though I'm kinda out of the blink phase, I'm glad I got into them, they were the reason I started playing guitar in the first place. I can still listen to them occasionally.

Ah, nostalgia. *listens to self-titled*
Quote by nodice182
Tom annoys me nowadays. I read some quote of his, saying something to the effect of "I don't want to make music for 13-year old girls." He's ashamed of his pop-punk past, and is compensating by being as ridiculously pretencious as possible. He was hyping up "We Don't Need To Whisper" like this as well, talking about how it was going to revolutionise music- a year later, music kinda seems the same.

Oh, but who are us average Joes and Joannas to nay say? He's made such a revolutionary jump in his music! He's gone from making vapid, snotty pop rock for preteen boys to pretentious, whiny pop rock for preteen girls!
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Oh, but who are us average Joes and Joannas to nay say? He's made such a revolutionary jump in his music! He's gone from making vapid, snotty pop rock for preteen boys to pretentious, whiny pop rock for preteen girls!

I plan on buying the second release, purely so I can say I've given them a chance...

As dire as WDNTW was, I don't know if I can lose complete faith in Delonge just on that.
Online Songs and Feeling This

In my opinion their last album was a bit crap! Had a few of their best songs on it (and not to mention a song with Robert Smith ) but it was nothing really compared to Dude Ranch, Enema, or Take Off Your Pants

I don't think any of the bands made by the original Blink members are really anything special! +44 would have to be the best...but remember thats the best of the worst I'm talking about

Ava
Quote by nodice182

i thought tom had gone a bit nuts but after reading his latest interview with kerrang he seems different and he was saying that he loves his past and that he wants +44 to do well.
maybe i'll start liking him again
supreme retard of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join

GUITAR GEAR:
Jim Deacon Strat Copy
SX 1X6.5 inch 10watt amp

BASS GEAR:
Squier P Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by darkarbiter7
Just don't use superglue as wank lube.
Just reading some of the ultimate-guitar interviews and stories about him drop in my book. Now, he just seems kind of arrogant... I liked him better with Blink.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
so did i
supreme retard of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join

GUITAR GEAR:
Jim Deacon Strat Copy
SX 1X6.5 inch 10watt amp

BASS GEAR:
Squier P Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by darkarbiter7
Just don't use superglue as wank lube.
Dammit, and Manover Board
The problem with rock music is there are to many people that play the guitar... and not enough guitarist. Guitar Hero Doesnt help...
Tom Is a jerk, did yall hear of his new album. I-Temple, WTF is that its like the Tom, tom and tom delonge show! omg it makes me mad! and i read that when blink 182 broke up, mark and travis asked the manager what toms new project was called, the manager said "he calls it 'Tom Delong'. How much more conseded can you b?
The problem with rock music is there are to many people that play the guitar... and not enough guitarist. Guitar Hero Doesnt help...
isn't Angels and airwaves new album called I-empire? But i do agree Toms putting himself in as the frontman...all you just have to do watch the video for "The Adventure" and look at any pics of em on google to see that he's done that.
yeah, damn them, miss them, but im glad, i couldnt imagine them actually putting out a decent record, its good they stopped. but yeah dysentary gary, pathetic, all of them, too good to pick
Blink182...I have all their cd's...and they are the band that made me mad about punk rock sk8board and california(i'm italian)...I miss them so much and I think they re-invented punk rock...and...yes...Tom Delonge sucks now....
I don't know how to put a f***ing image in here!!!!!
Yeah, Mark and Tom's respective groups are complete garbage now.

The best Blink song was easily Stockholm Syndrome.
If The Archers Bows Have Broken, Then I Hope To God They Know How To Fight.
adam's song,carousel,easy target....theres just so many great songs
bring back blink but +44 are ok so are the transplants
LP mod thingy

buy guitars please, need money for RGR420ex
Member No.18 of the 'Yes I am Irish and no more Leprechaun jokes please'
"Member #9 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club. PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
Always is my favourite song It's a work of art Down is also great. Simple, but great

^^^ I wouldn't say A&A and +44 suck, but they don't hold a candle to blink, and unfortunately they never will Will be getting me A&A's new album when it comes out though
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
My fav is adam's song followed by What's my age again, i miss you, stay together for the kids and josie.

But i love all blink's songs, they were a class above the rest.
adams song is such a great song, its probably my 2nd fave
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
anyone else really like feeling this? although i hate how the verses are all about sex, the chorus seems amazing to me. i find myself singing it over and over all the time.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
^^^ I used to hate it... then one day I woke up, heard it and wondered why I hadn't loved it since the beginning
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
I loved it since the first time I heard it.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
seriously....

dude ranch and before= alright... not great

enema of the state= pretty good... still one of my fave albums

take of your pants and jacket= AMAZING.... my favorite album, ever. for the most part.

Blink-182(self titled)= i almost **** my pants. i was big time disappointed. not at all what i wanted from a blink album. wayyy too depressing sounding for the most part..

Plus 44= pretty good... not as good as blink in there prime, but good none the less

AVA= ehhh... not terrible, but could have been a lot better IMO.... its just very different from the original blink sound
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by BlinkyBoy20
My fav is adam's song followed by What's my age again, i miss you, stay together for the kids and josie.

But i love all blink's songs, they were a class above the rest.

Carousel, Josie, Adams song, All the small things are my favs
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Cheshire Cat was okay, it had a few gems and it was recorded when Tom still played strats so the tone sounds a lot different from the other albums.

Dude Ranch is tied for being my favorite album. It's the perfect mix of pop and punk and a great raw album.

Enema of the State was decent, a little too radio friendly but the songs felt fresh.

TOYPAJ was meh, it does have a few really good songs but it follows the exact same formula as Enema. They played it safe for that one.

Untitled is the other album tied for my favorite. It was by far their best mixed album, if you listen to all the little things they added to the songs its unbelievable. It sounded really different, but still had the blink feel.
I personally liked TMTATS the best. All their older stuff sounded so much better live. Plus all the naughty jokes made me laugh.
All of the albums have a few good songs but are otherwise meh, I only love them because of their greatest hits album
Simon

Your Son is smiling...