Page 4 of 4
Quote by guitarslutxxx
hey everyone, im looking to buy a new guitar and was looking at ibanez a lot. i play a lot of older metal but with a progressive feel to it, im also getting into instrumental stuff like petruccis' solo album, via, oziel zinho...that kind of stuff...any suggestions? i have $1000 for a new one, and right now am playing through a crate gt212, with a few boss pedals and vox wah

Dude ibanez Rg150EX - awesome guitar, good price really nice pickups Its Epic
Ibanez make great stuff, just too metal oriented for me, and the neck makes my hand cramp.
^ Ibanez makes alot more then RG and S series guitars, you know.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Ibanez make great stuff, just too metal oriented for me, and the neck makes my hand cramp.

I really dont see how people say guitars are too oriented to one genre. I've seen people and played myself, "shred" and death metal on a Les Paul, while on the other hand play blues and jazz on an rg type of guitar.... Its all about how you want to use it.

Anyways its been a while since i posted here.
I've got an RG1570(PAF JOE,YJM,Tone Zone)
RG570(Paf Pro, s1,Tone zone)
RG770/750(stock)(im not really sure the model. It looks mightly similar to the new 770 reissues.

and last but not least a J-Custom RG8570.

I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Jun 29, 2009,
i got my rg1570 BK and recently bought a tone zone in f-spacing.
thinking of putting air norton in neck and true velvet in middle.

I saw they put this in their 8570 j custom and 3550MZ (non-japan distributed) with same pickups. jammed with this combo at my local and really liked the sounds.
Ibanez RG1570 (2009)
VOX Valvetronix VT15
I'm a freshie here~ PM me tips
Well you knew the hate was coming when you posted it. And is it a radius or saber?
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well you knew the hate was coming when you posted it. And is it a radius or saber?

Yeah... It is a saber, an Ibanez FGM100sb Frank Gambale model to be exact

(^ the end of the world)
hey anyone know why Guitar World said that he ART300 weight was "substantial...."?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by ginlimetonic
i got my rg1570 BK and recently bought a tone zone in f-spacing.
thinking of putting air norton in neck and true velvet in middle.

I saw they put this in their 8570 j custom and 3550MZ (non-japan distributed) with same pickups. jammed with this combo at my local and really liked the sounds.

its a nice combo. I really love the true velvet. The air norton im still forming opinions about though. Im not sure if i like it better or the same as the paf joe or pro in my rg 1570,570 respectively. imo so far i like the paf joe, since its smoother on leads and still incredibly clean. But ill record some clips of the air and joe this weekend to see how they stand against one another.

keep in mind though im talking about a paf joe in a basswood body and an air norton in mahogany so it will sound different in a basswood body.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Oh my. I just saw the Ibanez RG350MYE on Musiciansfriend. I'm totally getting one next month. Anyone know how long these things are going to be around for? I read somewhere it was a Summer Model.. so I'm not sure.

Sure it has an Edge 3, but it's too damn sexy not to buy.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Oh my. I just saw the Ibanez RG350MYE on Musiciansfriend. I'm totally getting one next month. Anyone know how long these things are going to be around for? I read somewhere it was a Summer Model.. so I'm not sure.

Sure it has an Edge 3, but it's too damn sexy not to buy.

I was thinking the same thing. I love Ibz's with the maple fretboard, and I'm buying a JEM in 2 weeks, so If I have enough money left over, I'll probably go for that MYE. I hope it's still around for a while.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

here's my prestige series S1520 from 2000:

i haven't gotten to use the synth pickup yet, but i can't wait to
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Why doesn't Ibanez get much love? I'm just curious because it seems like they should have some cultural significance. The RG was important in the late 80s and early 90s in hair metal. Some of the biggest bands of the nu-metal movement used them (Korn, Limp Bizkit). They even had some punk bands using them (the Offspring is all I can think of off the top of my head). Then you look at some of the best instrumental guitarists in the world and they use them. Their artist list is very diverse. I would say it's on par with Gibson, Fender, and PRS. Is it because they sell a lot of budget guitars and their most expensive guitars don't cost as much as a car?
Quote by JELIFISH19
Why doesn't Ibanez get much love? I'm just curious because it seems like they should have some cultural significance. The RG was important in the late 80s and early 90s in hair metal. Some of the biggest bands of the nu-metal movement used them (Korn, Limp Bizkit). They even had some punk bands using them (the Offspring is all I can think of off the top of my head). Then you look at some of the best instrumental guitarists in the world and they use them. Their artist list is very diverse. I would say it's on par with Gibson, Fender, and PRS. Is it because they sell a lot of budget guitars and their most expensive guitars don't cost as much as a car?

It's personal preference, I'm not the biggest fan of them myself, but I don't shout it out in every thread like 90% of the haters of a specific brand.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by JELIFISH19

that is true but i guess people prefer other guitars a bit more considering the necks really are a love or hate affair and really it could make or break a sale.
Sorry for the revival but I didn't see the point in starting a new thread for this.

What does UG know about mid eighties Ibanezes? In particular the 1985 AXstar Dexlux tele? The AX60 is the model code.

I found one of these on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.ch/Ibanez-Axstar-Deluxe-Tele-1985-AX60-MINT-NUR-7-TAGE_W0QQitemZ170379789865QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item27ab6d4629&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anything I should look out for? Whats a good price on one of these? Keep in mind that Switzerland in general is more expensive than the US.

Should I be worried about the trem being worn out?
I'm going to bring this thread up to post my Ibanez Artist ART100. Probably the best guitar you can get for $300. Maybe even 5 or $600.

There be no shelter here.

Ibanez RG2610 Prestige. pickup replaced with an Evo Bridge model (came with a Seymour Duncan TB-10)

I blocked the trem and tuned it to Open E. It's my slide guitar
Quote by AngusPetrucci
Modded ibby 7

Nice! Where'd you get the graphics done? Did you do it yourself?
Quote by littlephil
Nah, its a clone. Its a 7 and it has normal dot inlays.

Ah ok.

good job on it, Angus.
Quote by littlephil
Nice! Where'd you get the graphics done? Did you do it yourself?

Yeah, im artsy like that and painstakingly did it
Does it look good to you guys.
You may not be able to tell by the pics but it has
A dactivator bridge and neck
An original floyd seven

And its signed by JP,MP, JM, DS, and JL
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
I just gotz an Ibanez GRGM21 Mikro. It's a short scale and it is guitar this brand makes but it sounds sweet~! (after some serious set-up....)

Just decided to drop by the Ibanez's thread to say hi hehe.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
*shrugs* Might as well join in...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21184148&postcount=16

If you guys want me to actually post a picture (or pictures) here, I will

Peel-away plastics have been removed since pictures were taken And planning a PU change.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Jan 20, 2010,
Quote by Blbmbr666
RG 3EXFM1. Got it as my first guitar after my starter, and it was used at Guitar Center. Pretty much new when I got it though. Sorry for the stock pic.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/3/2/551332.jpg

But this weekend I'm getting an LTD EC-1000 to keep it company though!

Nice mate one of the biggest downfalls I see with these cheap Ibby hardtails is the hardware colour they use. Change it to all black and you'll have something that looks a whole lot meaner. Sorry 'bout the blurry pic oh and I've now got all black screws for the pickup rings.

The new JS model with the humbucker in the bridge and single coil stack in the neck is really cool. I wonder if it will come as a hard tail as an option
Hi JEM players
I am from denmark and just fell in love with the JEM 77 brmr bad horsie, and wanted to buy it right away.
Then lightning struck ;-)

After checking some pics on google of the bad horsie guitar, I saw another jaw dropper that I simply most own, in my eyes its the ultimate jem. The model is:
JEM 77 hrmr, try and google this beauty :-)
My problem is that I can only find pics, but no retailers and I am totally mesmerized by this instrument.

Can anybody please help me with some info please.
Here is a helpfull link:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/jem-77hrmr-has-landed-61585.html

Best regards

Ecklon