Jmagge
Musical Insperation
254 IQ
Hello I am currently doing Gcse music, welsh board, my test is coming soon and I am in need of help, I am looking for someone who is doing Gcse music (doesn’t have to be welsh board) or has already done it, That may be able to help me.

Would you be able to discuss information and revision tips and any sites and information that may help me and I can help you with the things I know. Message me if you want help a struggling Music Student?
Sorry For Spelling Errors
geeetarr
21 IQ
Hey the CGP books for music have everything you need to know in them, just spend liek 10 minutes a day learn each bit shouldnt take too long. Also dont leave your coursework to the last minute like I did. Guitar Pro ftw for coursework.

Hope thats a help.
gkj777
132 IQ
Im bout to start my course and im well and truely prepared, im practising instruments more and more and im getting all the resources under the sun as well as learning scales and practising writing marterial (Ignore the fact im taking drums as my major instrument and saxophone as my minor) :P
Proud Player Of A lot of instruments!

I Have a Hagstrome Swede from the 70's, its black and old and nice to play
sTx
Proud Autodidact
1,692 IQ
I may take my music GCSE this Novemeber.

Add me on saad_talha@hotmail.com
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Donkey Fly
Careful Now.
6,828 IQ
Im taking it in about 2 weeks. Just revise and get some history on classical music and dance music. Also Popular Song since 1960.

I'd say this exam is one of the exams i'm most confident in. Im getting a good grade too because i got 30/30 on both my Solo piece and ensemble.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
RJayZ
Witty, yet boring.
313 IQ
Can you give me an idea of what this course covers? Thinking about taking it next year, but I really have no idea...what I'll be expected to do.
sTx
Proud Autodidact
1,692 IQ
Quote by RJayZ
Can you give me an idea of what this course covers? Thinking about taking it next year, but I really have no idea...what I'll be expected to do.

Here's the syllabus:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29787860/Music_Syllabus__06.pdf.html
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Element666
22 IQ
im doin GCSE music but i dont know wat to do for my ensemble, obviously its a guitar piece i want and i dunno how simple it has to b and my music teacher at school is usless -.- plz help
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
Quote by Donkey Fly
Im taking it in about 2 weeks. Just revise and get some history on classical music and dance music. Also Popular Song since 1960.

I'd say this exam is one of the exams i'm most confident in. Im getting a good grade too because i got 30/30 on both my Solo piece and ensemble.

I'm taking GCSE music for year 10, and I was just wandering, your solo piece - can you play covers or does it have to be original?
Donkey Fly
Careful Now.
6,828 IQ
Can be anything you want. I was gonna do one of my own but when i told her she was like Oh...Ok... as if to say 'Yer...Don't!'.

So i ended up doing covers for both my Ensemble and Solo piece.

I play Trooper for my ensemble and Bark at the Moon for my Solo
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Adam144
Jizz In My Pants.
273 IQ
I do GCSE music too, and our music teacher told us that for your Ensemble/Solo pieces you had to do a cover, because that way they can compare it to the original to see how accurate you played it.

Overall, I suck at it, because I totally suck at writing stuff. Lol.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
bucketbot
Tits or GTFO.
221 IQ
same, im in year 10 atm doing my exams next year, im doing canon rock solo piece and american idiot as ensamble(sp)... the other people forced me to do it, and im not happy *slouches and folds arms*
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
pentagram_man63
Spammed
1,006 IQ
Off topic: Don't just post your email adresses on forums like that... the spams will pick it up. PM them instead.
TJ1991
Custom User Title
3,722 IQ
I did Henrietta by the Fratellis for an ensemble.
All My Best Friends Are Metalsheads by Less Than Jake for a solo.

I play bass by the way...

A* all the way
hurlyz
My name is Karim
1,753 IQ
Quote by pentagram_man63
Off topic: Don't just post your email adresses on forums like that... the spams will pick it up. PM them instead.
or write it in these formats, to make sure bots can't find them:

nickname @ email.com

OR EVEN

nickname (at) email.com

People will understand but stupid spam bots won't be able to use it
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
deluxe_man
268 IQ
i have completed my GCSE music course. I found the CGP book really helpful when studying for my exam, considering my teacher barely taught us anything except maybe 4 lessons on theory. BBC bitesize is quite good for all the eras of classical music and how to recognise it ETC. For my coursework, i composed a bluegrass bit of music (supposed to be blues but turned country one my ass!) and a classical bit. For the performance, perform something interesting for a listener, i did sunshine of your love by cream and improvised a solo (i hope i got extra marks for this) which i did to show my creative "flare". thats my 2 cents anyways, hope i've helped...

Edit: by the way, when you do a group performance or solo one, get tabs for it. Also keep all your rough drafts of coursework, you're gonna need it mate...
Gigs:
2006 - Motorhead
2008 - Feeder
2009 - Sonisphere
2010 - Feeder
2011 - Yes
2011 - Zappa plays Zappa
2012 - Mastodon, Chimaira, Adrenaline Mob, Young Guns, Alestorm, Motorhead/Anthrax, Dying Fetus, You Me At Six